Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wonshot

Re: Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Post#191 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:32 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:50 pm They were. We have one slot open currently.
Alright thats good to hear.
But even as a "well known slightly order biased" player myself.
I feel some of these changed implimented are simply just not getting shot down in the idea phase based on how strong and overtuned they will be. Even from just paper.

Archmages being able to proc morale pump, inside an entier warband, or heck even a fortress. Is almost on the absurd level of Chosen 25% critreduction tactic.
EoV probably shouldnt even be able to proc a morale pump in the first place, and keep the morale pump to be on the external singletarget heals/hots and party. Instead of on Realm-wide heals.

Order have their own realm strengths, each person you slot as a warbandbuilder is a tradeoff. Right now Blackorc seem to be facing a massive identity crisis. Why would anyone pick a Blackorc apart from the reason of "oh we cant find a chosen" Chosen just does the role better now that Waagh is removed.

WW gives order a meta tank to pair with knight, and you get aoe rupts in each party with CDR. But for destro to get the same they have to slot choppas in each group now? Naah. This is just not fair if fairness is the goal. And it moves so far away from Realm strenghts, and it cant be excused with a meta shakeup.

Suggestion:
Give BO Waagh back, keep the WW and test if its too overloaded for a couple of weeks.
Make it so EoV cant proc the morale boost (when the tactic is actually working)

Apart from that, really nice path. But some of this is pretty obvious that it was not confronted with an Order bias check in the idea phase.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Spellbound

Post#192 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:34 pm

Opeteh wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:14 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:10 pm
Opeteh wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:07 pm
Sir, your posts are often disrespectful and biased against Destro community. I don't track who is who in Devs/GMs area but I know you are important and have a lot to say when it comes to balance . And this worries me.
I don't discriminate between Destro or Order. How dArE you assume my faction.
Your post that Destro play on the nose of devs was rude and there is no facts to support that. This is may be the way you think about that faction. And that worries me.
Remember when everyone said devs play Destro? So they all play order now? They try to help balance the game and it’s a long task on their free time.

Few of us RC spent too much time to help with the project too but were happy to by making excel documents, gathering documents and sharing data with them.

Also it’s obvious every big balance one side has more players then things will balance out and go back to normal.

Xergon

Post#193 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:36 pm

Spellbound wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:28 pm
Spoiler:
Xergon wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:05 pm
Spellbound wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:42 pm
Spoiler:
Xergon, Sulorie, Carthage the original 3 RC for destro had 3-4 months for counter proposals. Xergon posted few sentences once per 2 months before removal due to lack of participation and gathering feedback from Destro, unlike Rydiak and myself did publicity offering to get feedback. Carthage had RL and had to go AWOL. They were there to give proposals and counter proposals from community feedback and none were given other than comments. Their participation was nearly nil.

Overall RoR Staff makes decisions not RC. Take it up with Destro experienced RC why they didn’t counter propose for 4 months and debate topics over being silent.

Everyone has opinions such as myself, you, other players and staff. No patch or idea will be perfect. Things will always change for one side or another.

Remember SW buff lasted 48 hours while SH got to hold theirs for 6 months. Just move on and play the game if choose to keep going and keep giving feedback to RC, whoever they might be rather than complain patch day.
Hold on big boi... indeed i did not participate in spamming every thread how good every proposals were, in most i was interested in i stated my view and i had no need to post in every thread 10-15 times (if i knew im expected to do that from the start i would not join RC at all), agreeing with each other how good those proposals are and so on... I viewed my opinion clearly and it was not welcomed. Its ok, now some ppl have totally free hand of doing as they please. Some ppl wanted me out for reasons not connected with balance at all (or maybe because i was obstacle to those), and they succeeded.

While i did agreed with what u were aiming for i did not agreed with path u took to achieve it.

And yes RC dont do balance on their own but they do have impact on reviewing and proposing changes. But if some ppl have enough IQ will understand how some changes made through fully.
I used a open alliance channel for Balance to gather feedback. Rydiak had his own WP/DoK council that included Dalen. Most of feedback is not my own. Our “task” was to gather and submit what we think is best and topics staff wants heard. What did others do to gather?

Again I didn’t get what all I suggested, but I don’t make decisions and we debate topics they want heard. Not just 2-3 players chatting.

If you didn’t want to be on council, I’m not sure why 4 months got wasted in that slot. It’s not the end of the world and it’s a free game. Next balance cycle I’m sure more comments be made.
Nothing got wasted, u have ur free hand now.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Spellbound

Post#194 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:37 pm

wonshot wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:32 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:50 pm They were. We have one slot open currently.
Alright thats good to hear.
But even as a "well known slightly order biased" player myself.
I feel some of these changed implimented are simply just not getting shot down in the idea phase based on how strong and overtuned they will be. Even from just paper.

Archmages being able to proc morale pump, inside an entier warband, or heck even a fortress. Is almost on the absurd level of Chosen 25% critreduction tactic.
EoV probably shouldnt even be able to proc a morale pump in the first place, and keep the morale pump to be on the external singletarget heals/hots and party. Instead of on Realm-wide heals.

Order have their own realm strengths, each person you slot as a warbandbuilder is a tradeoff. Right now Blackorc seem to be facing a massive identity crisis. Why would anyone pick a Blackorc apart from the reason of "oh we cant find a chosen" Chosen just does the role better now that Waagh is removed.

WW gives order a meta tank to pair with knight, and you get aoe rupts in each party with CDR. But for destro to get the same they have to slot choppas in each group now? Naah. This is just not fair if fairness is the goal. And it moves so far away from Realm strenghts, and it cant be excused with a meta shakeup.

Suggestion:
Give BO Waagh back, keep the WW and test if its too overloaded for a couple of weeks.
Make it so EoV cant proc the morale boost (when the tactic is actually working)

Apart from that, really nice path. But some of this is pretty obvious that it was not confronted with an Order bias check in the idea phase.
I warned for a month on EoV giving blob pump and was against it. It’s not a Order bias thing as I had my concerns and shared it and changing it.

Spellbound

Post#195 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:40 pm

Xergon wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:36 pm
Spoiler:
Xergon wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:05 pm

Hold on big boi... indeed i did not participate in spamming every thread how good every proposals were, in most i was interested in i stated my view and i had no need to post in every thread 10-15 times (if i knew im expected to do that from the start i would not join RC at all), agreeing with each other how good those proposals are and so on... I viewed my opinion clearly and it was not welcomed. Its ok, now some ppl have totally free hand of doing as they please. Some ppl wanted me out for reasons not connected with balance at all (or maybe because i was obstacle to those), and they succeeded.

While i did agreed with what u were aiming for i did not agreed with path u took to achieve it.

And yes RC dont do balance on their own but they do have impact on reviewing and proposing changes. But if some ppl have enough IQ will understand how some changes made through fully.
I used a open alliance channel for Balance to gather feedback. Rydiak had his own WP/DoK council that included Dalen. Most of feedback is not my own. Our “task” was to gather and submit what we think is best and topics staff wants heard. What did others do to gather?

Again I didn’t get what all I suggested, but I don’t make decisions and we debate topics they want heard. Not just 2-3 players chatting.

If you didn’t want to be on council, I’m not sure why 4 months got wasted in that slot. It’s not the end of the world and it’s a free game. Next balance cycle I’m sure more comments be made.
Hardly any of the changes are a shock as well. 2 CDR vs 1 CDR and constantly M4 spams for one side was the first issue. Partially addressed as BO/Chosen can still get ID in 90s or less if Shaman assist. Fact they got to keep the self more pump on tanks still makes them viable enough which Order can’t get ID that fast.

Evilest

Post#196 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:45 pm

Opeteh wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:39 pm
kauyon1 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:25 pm
WE, Blashpemy is not the biggest problem. WE debuffs apply on chance to hit, not executions. Not to mention Witchbrew. There's a reason WEs can solo in RVR, and WHs need to hunt in packs.
I stopped reading after this BS.
I honestly can't think of what can be removed WE that'd make more mediocre than it currently is.

zulnam

Post#197 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:47 pm

Spellbound wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:40 pm
Xergon wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:36 pm
Spoiler:

Hardly any of the changes are a shock as well. 2 CDR vs 1 CDR and constantly M4 spams for one side was the first issue. Partially addressed as BO/Chosen can still get ID in 90s or less if Shaman assist. Fact they got to keep the self more pump on tanks still makes them viable enough which Order can’t get ID that fast.
How is 2 CDR vs 1 CDR an issue when 1 Bypass Defenses vs 0 Bypass Defenses exists? MIrroring is bad except when it suits the official rethoric? Make up your minds.

Also, if you were gonna take out one CDR... why not take it off the friggin DPS? BO having access to the CDR was vital to the synergy of parties. Meanwhile instead of making people want to bring in Choppa in warbands you're forcing them in.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Shooshpanzerer

Post#198 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:50 pm

Wam wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:03 pm time to level my SM 8-)
I know you want to level them for the helmuts. :D

Ads
mubbl

Post#199 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:52 pm

since order got there easy to use CDR now, can we get adjustments to skill architecture on destro side?
like the few thingys that still worked or got use out of CDR mostly had worse aoe cone or something simular on destro side.
cant wait for all the destro chars getting additonal dot or proc from just being there to equalize that gap also or this nice order exclusive weapon procs?
Last edited by mubbl on Thu May 20, 2021 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Evilest

Post#200 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:54 pm

starness88 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:45 pm
Culexus wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:37 pm So what’s the devs vision for BOs unique role within a group now?

Each tank class is supposed to bring something a group that the others don’t provide. Being a Waaagh! Bot was a one dimension playstyle but it made us valuable in group setup.

I can’t figure out why anyone would want to bring a BO to a group over a Chosen or BG now. We just don’t offer anything useful outside of the generic tank abilities.
Don't ask too much or we will be nerf. Now we can buff our group by 100 weapons skill and 100 toughness. No need choosen aura any more. Oh wait...
You make me sad when looking at piece armor...