Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Arsanist

Re: Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Post#131 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:38 pm

Akalukz wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:09 pm On the sharper arrows change. Probably hit the nail to hard, possibly scale back to 15% and see what happens. This is a pretty drastic change for a tactic that already had a massive draw back, it was easily countered with a dead pet. Kill a SH pet = automatic damage nerf. While i do feel the SH was over performing, hitting it with a sledge hammer was a bit much, possilby phase in some changes to see how it affects things. Nerf damage or nerf CC/Utility but nerfing both in one pass doesn't actually address the problem of the over performance.

Pet nerf
CC nerf
Damage Nerf
Utility Nerf

hard to say which was actually needed. Better to adjust one, see if it brings alignment, if not then go to the next. I feel most would say the pet and CC/Utility was the biggest issues rather than the overall single-target damage.
+1

A lot of changes and I don't think they're all necessary - the 15% for sharpened arrows might have been a better solution as suggested by this guy
Arsanist - BW on live.

Ads
Culexus

Post#132 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:39 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:51 pm
Culexus wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:37 pm So what’s the devs vision for BOs unique role within a group now?

Each tank class is supposed to bring something a group that the others don’t provide. Being a Waaagh! Bot was a one dimension playstyle but it made us valuable in group setup.

I can’t figure out why anyone would want to bring a BO to a group over a Chosen or BG now. We just don’t offer anything useful outside of the generic tank abilities.
Are you not familiar with the several group abilities that BO can provide? Chosen doesn't overlap with all of them by any means.
Yes I main a BO. But lets say you're setting up an organised city warband. What abilities that don't overlap with Chosen would you wish to take a BO over just taking a second Chosen?

I'm genuinely curious about this as I'm just staring at my mastery tree wondering what to spec in to now as any unique group buffs we have are minor compared to what a Chosen can offer. Spending 14 mastery points to get a 25% autoattack damage increase doesn't really offer much compared to the investment and is not something I can see warband leaders crying out for.

Winry

Post#133 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:44 pm

detrap wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:26 pm
Collision wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:21 pm RoR is an Order versus environment server now ?

How will destro be competitive ?
By not relying on 4+ snb black orcs to drop m3/m4 every minute with almost permanent cdr for the party.
This 100%

DonPeyote

Post#134 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:47 pm

Andack wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:34 pm
DonPeyote wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:26 pm So was this patch intended to make everyone stop playing mSH? Squigbeast got nerfed so ST burst is out the window especially for ranked when it was barely there in the first place. If I joined ranked now it's basically a throw. No more triumphant jewel for me I suppose. Also don't even have a kd lol. Not sure how that happened. Bounce and Big Bouncin' are basically the same ability now except one is a channel ability. Can't chase anyone down with only 25% speed increase from Outta My Way. So I guess now mSH is just 2 button aoe spammer with no cc (except a 5s snare)? Strength in Numbas is now useless. (it looks like destro morale pumps in general got nerfed and order got buffed lol - which is a separate discussion - considering that was one thing destro had going for them) So since people thought it was OP, the answer is to make it useless? No chance at winning any 1v1 fights now. Just have to ride the zerg and spam.

I'm just really confused about balancing sometimes... I get that classes need to be tweaked but why run them into the ground in the name of "balance"?
We could have accepted the nerf of m1 but the 25% speed and the stun... It's not understandable. They just want the msh dead, they did a great job. And to finish us rly nicely they want to nerf the fasta to st so msh wont have any fasta to help him do damage... Great.
I started another thread about it (I don't know how to delete it lol) but I will continue the conversation here. Somoeone said that SH should be played as it is - ranged - and not to make it something it is not. But pretty much every class has a viable off-spec. Look at dps healers. Look at dps tanks. But SH can no longer have a viable melee build? It's utterly useless now. Just aoe spam.
Fuglymane - Shaman rr83; Fuglymang - mSH rr83

agemennon675

Post#135 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:48 pm

Culexus wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:39 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:51 pm
Culexus wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:37 pm So what’s the devs vision for BOs unique role within a group now?

Each tank class is supposed to bring something a group that the others don’t provide. Being a Waaagh! Bot was a one dimension playstyle but it made us valuable in group setup.

I can’t figure out why anyone would want to bring a BO to a group over a Chosen or BG now. We just don’t offer anything useful outside of the generic tank abilities.
Are you not familiar with the several group abilities that BO can provide? Chosen doesn't overlap with all of them by any means.
Yes I main a BO. But lets say you're setting up an organised city warband. What abilities that don't overlap with Chosen would you wish to take a BO over just taking a second Chosen?

I'm genuinely curious about this as I'm just staring at my mastery tree wondering what to spec in to now as any unique group buffs we have are minor compared to what a Chosen can offer. Spending 14 mastery points to get a 25% autoattack damage increase doesn't really offer much compared to the investment and is not something I can see warband leaders crying out for.
You still offer lots of group wide unique buffs + any kind of resistance with Da Greenst aoe armor buff which work like a passive buff fire and forget, + ws buff + aoe absorb there is no reason to take 2nd chosen or a BG over BO. BO is still the better tank for a WB than a SnB BG as for 4x chosen/knight is same for both realms
Last edited by agemennon675 on Thu May 20, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

kirraha

Post#136 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:52 pm

DonPeyote wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:47 pm
Andack wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:34 pm
DonPeyote wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:26 pm So was this patch intended to make everyone stop playing mSH? Squigbeast got nerfed so ST burst is out the window especially for ranked when it was barely there in the first place. If I joined ranked now it's basically a throw. No more triumphant jewel for me I suppose. Also don't even have a kd lol. Not sure how that happened. Bounce and Big Bouncin' are basically the same ability now except one is a channel ability. Can't chase anyone down with only 25% speed increase from Outta My Way. So I guess now mSH is just 2 button aoe spammer with no cc (except a 5s snare)? Strength in Numbas is now useless. (it looks like destro morale pumps in general got nerfed and order got buffed lol - which is a separate discussion - considering that was one thing destro had going for them) So since people thought it was OP, the answer is to make it useless? No chance at winning any 1v1 fights now. Just have to ride the zerg and spam.

I'm just really confused about balancing sometimes... I get that classes need to be tweaked but why run them into the ground in the name of "balance"?
We could have accepted the nerf of m1 but the 25% speed and the stun... It's not understandable. They just want the msh dead, they did a great job. And to finish us rly nicely they want to nerf the fasta to st so msh wont have any fasta to help him do damage... Great.
I started another thread about it (I don't know how to delete it lol) but I will continue the conversation here. Somoeone said that SH should be played as it is - ranged - and not to make it something it is not. But pretty much every class has a viable off-spec. Look at dps healers. Look at dps tanks. But SH can no longer have a viable melee build? It's utterly useless now. Just aoe spam.
So it is why devs wasting time on massive rework for the Sh squigarmor to later go back for it to mainly be range focuse? Such waste of time it sounds like

Andack

Post#137 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:57 pm

One thing is for sure the class is now useless in ST play and ranked, and in WB it's slow and cant avoid the slayerbullshitmeta.
Last edited by Andack on Thu May 20, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rumpel

Post#138 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:58 pm

Opeteh wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:08 pm I wonder how many times people on both sides have to ask you to change that one Slayer skill before you acknowledge how game braking it is. People organize warbands (well, not anymore) around that. There is an effort noticable with recent skills changes explenations to MIRROR classes. But not that one skill...

Thank you for commemoration of a deceased player.
Im also wondering about no Slayer tuning after all this changes.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Ads
Wam

Post#139 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:03 pm

Spellbound wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:38 pm Note to add, Realm Champions don’t make ultimate changes or balance ideas. We helped with areas development wanted to focus on and we initially brought up morale and CDR balance before class adjustments which can be done in the future to adjust to morale/CDR changes that might be needed. Got to adjust the major/obvious changes before classes else you’ll just be going in circles if morale/CDR isn’t equal between realms.

Majority of the ideas weren’t done as requested but that is fine. Balancing in game never ends and adjustments will always happen.

ORvR is largely based on who has the Zerg size and organized vs organized 24v24 shows which side is getting heavier benefits of Immaculate Defense and Windblock too fast while it’s rare to see ID from an Order tank. Players will eventually learn to adjust. Think it took a week after the Shadow Warrior change before adjustments were made. Order size of oRvR has been due to a lot of realm swaps from destro side so that’s not a factor or reason for balance that order is pushing more cities or larger numbers.

Black Orcs aren’t gutted and still a really strong class.
do any of the realm champions play a black ork? would they keep on playing it? is it BIS? as it played at the highest level for extended period of time? :)

You can say Blacks orcs aren't gutted as much as you like but doesnt make it true

Removed THC from snb
Nerfed its GCD and morale pump whilst buffing mirror

Bork got dragged down to BG levels and bork has no solid punt and now reducded utility

IB got buffed to rival SM, SM got buffed again

There is a difference in how balance is handled between the factions and has been for last few years... To think CF and WW is on a equal footing is very misleading, time to level my SM 8-)
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

nonfactor

Post#140 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:05 pm

Wam wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:03 pm Bork got dragged down to BG levels and bork has no solid punt and now reducded utility
not really borc is worse than bg right now, bo offers nothing but basic tank abilities like guard and challenge