Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
CptEdward

Re: Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Post#101 » Thu May 20, 2021 5:58 pm

As a player in an organised WB from Destro side, I must admit I'm a bit lost on how we can beat the slayer meta now. We've put a lot of effort and time (including rerolling for some of our guild members) into finding and puting in place the MSH / Drop Moral way of fighting in order to counter a slayer meat-ball (and were still struggling a lot vs good order guilds such as Rescue Team), and now feels like we need to completely rethink the meta:
- What tank would we need in a competitive organized WB : surely no longer BO...
- Would we really need to slot a choppa in most party ? This would represent up to 50% of our DPS slots ?!
- Morals.... How to counter an unstoppable slayer meat ball ? I'd like to say - just for the joke - with the AOE bump from a BO, but not sure we'll still slot any BO so far. And how to kill such stacked pack of player before taking uncontrolable amount of damages ?

At least there're many chaos god, maybe we prayed to the wrong one so far.

And last but not least... How to keep good players from playing Destro ? Maybe it's the hardest part, in such unbalanced environment.

Let's see... At worst we can still play order or another game and wait the server to do some balance, if we don't find answer to the questions above.

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#102 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:05 pm

Ryzom wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:30 pm Stop change the classes all the time we are tired.
zulnam wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:51 pm At this point, I'm more scared than excited whenever patch day comes around. Can we maybe increase patching period to once every two weeks?
Detangler wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:05 pm Wow... after all these weeks of nearly empty patch notes devoid of anything meaty, you dropped a big ol' bomb this week.
Balance patches will be way less frequent but will have a heavier weight, as you can see in this patch.

Neverever wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:09 pm WL has always been the spoiled child of the devs and it will continue to be for obvious reasons. This patch is a clear demonstrations of that.
This is completely inacceptable and the dev you're hinting at has not been involved in any major content for half a year.

I urge everyone to stay calm and share their feedback. Cussing, accusing devs, name shaming and being toxic will not change anything, you will be ignored and potentially suspended from the forums. Use the same reply you were about to post but with wiser words.

MasuFFM wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:13 pm U pay nothing for the Game, its totaly free !

Dont like the Way devs go ? play another Game! there are many good Games out there !

and dont get me wrong, i like RoR same Way u do! but u have to choose, accept or not!
writing down flame Posts and other Stuff here doesnt work.
We appreciate good feedback, one that doesn't bully developers for playing on a faction or for simply being part of the team. Having the game free and under a private project isn't an argument to avoid good feedback and players.

Synora

Post#103 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:08 pm

Lots of changes that have been needed for a long time (WP/DoK detaunt, morale pump, CDR). Thank you for providing the justification for the balance changes. It goes a long way to see what the overall vision is on balance.
Synora 84 SM | Synoraa 80 WP | Evilsynora 80 DoK
Darkethe 72 Chosen | Groolgobbla 64 Sham | Medikareforall 58 Zeal | Halloweiner 58 Mag
Sunfox 65 Knight | Fuggnchuggn 62 SL | Medicareforall 55 RP | Siatamunet 54 AM
www.twitch.tv/Synora_

Opeteh

Post#104 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:08 pm

I wonder how many times people on both sides have to ask you to change that one Slayer skill before you acknowledge how game braking it is. People organize warbands (well, not anymore) around that. There is an effort noticable with recent skills changes explenations to MIRROR classes. But not that one skill...

Thank you for commemoration of a deceased player.
Last edited by Opeteh on Thu May 20, 2021 6:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Opeteh (87 zealot) / Ovvi (80 Witch Elf)

nat3s

Post#105 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:10 pm

With Magus, AM and Shaman as 3 of my 4 mains... I completely agree with these changes. An excellent patch.

AP drain was ridiculously oppressive, the very definition of an i-win button in 1v1 and small man play. Not sure if the nerf goes far enough tbh, but it was certainly needed. A well played Sham/AM had no counter and I think that'll continue even after this change.

Magus mists change I can live with as I would like a better Fort experience which I think this could help with.

LOVE the sham/AM HoT change, been desperate for an excuse to switch back to healing spec <3

Good stuff, well done devs
Last edited by nat3s on Thu May 20, 2021 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

chovudal

Post#106 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:11 pm

Another engi/magus nerf ?? Really ? that's Crazy, sorry balance team, there were at least 3 severe nerfs since November '20 and the second (may be adaption) to napalm...what a pitty for the few classes of them left
my magnet/napalm spec looses again dps :(
U should know, even if u see lots auf damage numbers, cause of being dots, it can be healed easily...
Yours sincerely Geheimrat Chovu

Eng 85+ | SL 84+ | SM 84+ | WL 83+ | IB 82+ | WP 80+
(Eng RR100 on live - Carroburg/ Karak Norn -)

mryay

Post#107 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:18 pm

Awesome patch,
and I love the Shaman/AM changes + Whispering Wind update. 1 CD reducer per realm is a GOOD balance change.
Just thank you.

Any ETA for SW fix and changes?

/salute
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

nat3s

Post#108 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:22 pm

Just read Bombling's post, hadn't really thought about WB composition as I'm mostly a solo roamer nowadays, but Order having a meta tank provide CDR to each group which Destro can only achieve via a Choppa does sound a bit lopsided, just as Destro are on a bit of a decline.

Very minor point though, so much of this patch I love
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Ads
sighy

Post#109 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:26 pm

nat3s wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:22 pm Just read Bombling's post, hadn't really thought about WB composition as I'm mostly a solo roamer nowadays, but Order having a meta tank provide CDR to each group which Destro can only achieve via a Choppa does sound a bit lopsided, just as Destro are on a bit of a decline.

Very minor point though, so much of this patch I love
Bare in mind that the Choppa one is stated as considered for being moved to the Single Target spec down the line... like seriously?

TARDIONm

Post#110 » Thu May 20, 2021 6:29 pm

Thx for patch ,First feedback this comands " Use .ranked allowlowertiermatch 1 to opt in, and .ranked allowlowertiermatch 0 " not working
Last edited by TARDIONm on Thu May 20, 2021 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FMJ