Ads

Patch Notes 15/04/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Wuu

Re: Patch Notes 15/04/2021

Post#41 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:14 pm

Thanks for the multi-spec option.
Is there anyway we can make weekend sc pug only? You shouldn't have to run dual premades to win an SC. My opinion only.

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#42 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:49 pm

marafado wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:19 pm guess we need an x2 rr/xp to please the good players.
We just had one last week so there won't be another one for a while, careless of the incidents that occur. We surely do appreciate the patience though!

Wuu wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:14 pm Is there anyway we can make weekend sc pug only? You shouldn't have to run dual premades to win an SC. My opinion only.
Weekend Warfronts are a haven for team player, they are triggered every weekend for that purpose. The +50% is the gain from teaming up and working together.
You can always join the .pug SC of the month, without the +50% XP/RR (less risk, less rewards).

marafado
Suspended

Post#43 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:18 pm

we have this nice week sc event, why not an month event with best rewards !?

my sugestion:
-> for any "incidents that occur" in week patches, we add rr/lvl boost. for example 50 incidents = x50 rr/xp boost;
-> medals and bags receive the boost too ;p 10 incidents = 10 gold bags :)
->gamesconnery runs a twitch event during at sme time to delivery sov and warlord gear to new players :)

seems great ideia, no!?

Wuu

Post#44 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:35 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:49 pm Weekend Warfronts are a haven for team player, they are triggered every weekend for that purpose. The +50% is the gain from teaming up and working together.
You can always join the .pug SC of the month, without the +50% XP/RR (less risk, less rewards).

Thanks for the reply. Then maybe the weekend SC should be premade only if that is the case?

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#45 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:27 pm

Wuu wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:35 pm
GamesBond wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:49 pm Weekend Warfronts are a haven for team player, they are triggered every weekend for that purpose. The +50% is the gain from teaming up and working together.

Thanks for the reply. Then maybe the weekend SC should be premade only if that is the case?
The game rewards you for teaming up, it's advised everywhere and in any game mode. It also punishes you if you solo play and that's how it is, it's just how a PvP game is. Weekend SCs will remain open to everyone. Now whether you want to team up and increase your winning chance and rewards, or queue solo and get defeated often due to lack of organization, is up to you. The game itself and the social programs have facilitated communication and grouping for everyone, there's no way you'd miss a group/guild if you actually wanted to join.

Topdude

Post#46 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:59 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:27 pm

The game rewards you for teaming up, it's advised everywhere and in any game mode. It also punishes you if you solo play and that's how it is, it's just how a PvP game is. Weekend SCs will remain open to everyone. Now whether you want to team up and increase your winning chance and rewards, or queue solo and get defeated often due to lack of organization, is up to you. The game itself and the social programs have facilitated communication and grouping for everyone, there's no way you'd miss a group/guild if you actually wanted to join.
I'm afraid the punishment for solo play is far too much and extremely more than when WAR was live. It's driving returning players from playing and new players that aren't comfortable enough with their skills to join guilds or WBs away. Me, frankly I don't have time to dedicate the hours and hours of play I did live and as such can't commit to many guild activities. And getting "1 RP" for a kill makes it so that even logging into the game fairly worthless.
Not that long ago we had upwards of 3000 people playing the game, it's quickly dwindled back to around 1000 regular players. During the last Q&A you guys showed stats as to the amount of toons per exp level, the most were between lvl 1 and 20. I think this reflects that many have tried the game only to drop it after realizing both the unrewarding play of the RR grind but also the gear gap that exists.
Over the years of playing ROR I've started many alts but I have no plans to level them further or start new ones while the grind is so punishing. So I'll sit on my rr80 engi, grabbing the royals as they come until I get sov, then decide whether it's worth playing this game more or just to shelve it and pull it out when getting a few kills might entertain me.
And joining WBs! I recently got a friend to start. As he was leveling from 16-40 he was kicked by autoband formed WBs and because he was too low level. Now, after being shunned for being too low level or "just another engi" has left him with only the option of partying with me. So we do, we run as a "group", and still we see only a trickle of RP.
GamesBond, I also have to push back on your calling this a PvP game. WAR was always about RvR and as such it nurtured an atmosphere of pride and commitment. That carried over to RoR for the first few years but it's degraded into nothing but "my sword's bigger than yours" players and grouped players that shun others rather than help them to play better and to grow their toons.

Wuu

Post#47 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:58 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:27 pm
Wuu wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:35 pm

Thanks for your reply. It's not lack of organization, it's lack of time. I work weekends and maybe have 2-3 hours total to play between Friday and Monday. So it's just a personal thing for me and guess I will be missing out on the warfronts. Cheers.