Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
areandar

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#231 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:33 am

Lmao wargrimnir getting destroyed and then pulls The card maybe calm down. (Cant talk proper so pull the threat card while he calm as ****. Just admit you are wrong wargrimnir this dude is on point.

Ads
Onigokko0101

Post#232 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:13 am

Toranes wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:21 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm
zolio1236 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:51 pm Well my fellow Engi's It looks like we got served a giant sh_t sandwich. We have two options. Do we take a bite? Or send it back?
I'll get your refund ready
So 22 sides and nearly everyone said that the engi/magus nerf was not neccessary. Multiple people said it was not a bug, they proved it with patchnotes, so far we have not a single reason why you devs have done that..

After over 10 days can we get the reverse now please?
Yeah no offense, but nobody good is acting like the nerf is the end of the world for Engi/Magus. Maybe it wasn't necessary, but it sure as hell is not nearly the kind of problem the forums are making it.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Toranes

Post#233 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:47 am

Onigokko0101 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:13 am
Toranes wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:21 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:39 pm

I'll get your refund ready
So 22 sides and nearly everyone said that the engi/magus nerf was not neccessary. Multiple people said it was not a bug, they proved it with patchnotes, so far we have not a single reason why you devs have done that..

After over 10 days can we get the reverse now please?
Yeah no offense, but nobody good is acting like the nerf is the end of the world for Engi/Magus. Maybe it wasn't necessary, but it sure as hell is not nearly the kind of problem the forums are making it.
Its the end for Magus in assisting sc groups. Even before the nerf SH or Sorc were better for assist groups but it was ok if you could play magus. After the nerf is no reason to put magus in group, even dmg shamans are an better choice.

anarchypark

Post#234 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:30 am

Cqengi wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:52 pm And don't confuse me with Orontes or some of the people making provocative posts. I never agreed with that way of dealing with things(if you can even call it that). I provided the facts on how it is that such a patch came into being nothing more nothing less. And there isn't a word I've spoken here that isn't the truth
hello self righteous crusader.
be careful with words fact and truth.
you're just tester providing bias data.
your interpretation can be different from others.
what makes you think truth and fact are on your side ?

so many false prophets claim such thing.
only I can interpret god's words.
in this case, data and suggestion.

here's advice to avoid such error.
sit in front of mirror and destroy your own claim.
debate with yourself at least 2 times.
it lead to valuable lesson : I can be wrong.

btw, this is not provocative post like many others.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#235 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:35 pm

areandar wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:33 am Lmao wargrimnir getting destroyed and then pulls The card maybe calm down. (Cant talk proper so pull the threat card while he calm as ****. Just admit you are wrong wargrimnir this dude is on point.
I don't necessarily disagree with him, he does (did?) have a line of communication with a dev where some of his ideas were shared, but seeing one completely unrelated change instead of one you suggested is narrowminded to get upset over. Also, it hasn't been reverted yet, I wouldn't expect that it's going to be, and certainly not from feedback that infers staff don't know basic class mechanics. Ruining a relationship is a lot easier than keeping one.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Cqengi
Suspended

Post#236 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:21 pm

anarchypark wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:30 am
Cqengi wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:52 pm And don't confuse me with Orontes or some of the people making provocative posts. I never agreed with that way of dealing with things(if you can even call it that). I provided the facts on how it is that such a patch came into being nothing more nothing less. And there isn't a word I've spoken here that isn't the truth
hello self righteous crusader.
be careful with words fact and truth.
you're just tester providing bias data.
your interpretation can be different from others.
what makes you think truth and fact are on your side ?

so many false prophets claim such thing.
only I can interpret god's words.
in this case, data and suggestion.

here's advice to avoid such error.
sit in front of mirror and destroy your own claim.
debate with yourself at least 2 times.
it lead to valuable lesson : I can be wrong.

btw, this is not provocative post like many others.
yea same.

Cqengi
Suspended

Post#237 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:49 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:35 pm
areandar wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:33 am Lmao wargrimnir getting destroyed and then pulls The card maybe calm down. (Cant talk proper so pull the threat card while he calm as ****. Just admit you are wrong wargrimnir this dude is on point.
I don't necessarily disagree with him, he does (did?) have a line of communication with a dev where some of his ideas were shared, but seeing one completely unrelated change instead of one you suggested is narrowminded to get upset over. Also, it hasn't been reverted yet, I wouldn't expect that it's going to be, and certainly not from feedback that infers staff don't know basic class mechanics. Ruining a relationship is a lot easier than keeping one.
Easy to interpret my attitude as narrow-mindedness. And I haven't ruined my relationship with anyone, nor do I blame him for the outcome of the patch. The reason I posted this in the first place is because it needed to be more public and have more attention drawn to it (good or bad). I also guessed this one wouldn't be reverted and that's another reason why I spoke out about i early.

And I'm not inferring, I know you don't know (not basic) certain mechanics. You're telling me your team intended to buff napalm's damage by 40% that patch where it was made defendable? I doubt it, and I doubt anyone foresaw it either. You intended for it to proc pierce defenses and exalted defenses, giving order a realm-wide buff?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#238 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:07 pm

Cqengi wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:49 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:35 pm
Easy to interpret my attitude as narrow-mindedness. And I haven't ruined my relationship with anyone, nor do I blame him for the outcome of the patch. The reason I posted this in the first place is because it needed to be more public and have more attention drawn to it (good or bad). I also guessed this one wouldn't be reverted and that's another reason why I spoke out about i early.

And I'm not inferring, I know you don't know (not basic) certain mechanics. You're telling me your team intended to buff napalm's damage by 40% that patch where it was made defendable? I doubt it, and I doubt anyone foresaw it either. You intended for it to proc pierce defenses and exalted defenses, giving order a realm-wide buff?
You know what based on what? I don't talk with you, or any other players regarding balance for that matter. I would rather people don't know my personal opinions on specific balance changes as most people can't be trusted to hold honest conversations and would rather use an opposing opinion as weapon. That's a pretty significant reason why balance is almost entirely done behind closed doors, and I assume that's a reason why most devs over the years haven't bothered writing detailed notes about why we make changes. We absolutely knew and critically considered that changing how the damage applies had other consequences. Stop framing staff as ignorant simply because you disagree.

Ads
nonfactor

Post#239 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:22 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:07 pm You know what based on what? I don't talk with you, or any other players regarding balance for that matter. I would rather people don't know my personal opinions on specific balance changes as most people can't be trusted to hold honest conversations and would rather use an opposing opinion as weapon. That's a pretty significant reason why balance is almost entirely done behind closed doors, and I assume that's a reason why most devs over the years haven't bothered writing detailed notes about why we make changes. We absolutely knew and critically considered that changing how the damage applies had other consequences. Stop framing staff as ignorant simply because you disagree.
Then why did you change the bonus from 40% to 20%, essentially nerfing entire class and every build, instead of changing abilities which were overperforming?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#240 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:42 pm

nonfactor wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:22 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:07 pm You know what based on what? I don't talk with you, or any other players regarding balance for that matter. I would rather people don't know my personal opinions on specific balance changes as most people can't be trusted to hold honest conversations and would rather use an opposing opinion as weapon. That's a pretty significant reason why balance is almost entirely done behind closed doors, and I assume that's a reason why most devs over the years haven't bothered writing detailed notes about why we make changes. We absolutely knew and critically considered that changing how the damage applies had other consequences. Stop framing staff as ignorant simply because you disagree.
Then why did you change the bonus from 40% to 20%, essentially nerfing entire class and every build, instead of changing abilities which were overperforming?
That change wasn't aimed at the abilities that may be overperforming which you're quoting here, but rather it was aimed at the stacking damage mechanic on its own merit. That's what I've been saying. They're different changes. This forced equivalence is being made when it had nothing to do with the changes. Kind of hand waving away the fact that 40% bonus damage might be a problem by holding distracting conversations about other abilities that might also be a problem. There were also technical issues with how the stacking damage mechanic was implemented, but math is hard and the last round of implementation for it needed to be cleaned up. I believe Dalen went over those details already in this thread.