Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ReturnOfReckoning
Staff

Patch Notes 26/02/2021

Post#1 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:40 pm

Highlights
Weekend Warfront: Spirit of War

It has long been said that the souls of the violent dead cannot rest when fresh blood decorates their graves. A saying that appears to be more than mere superstition to those that battle within the cemetery atop High Pass. Strange and frightening figures form from the cloying mists to tower above the clashing armies.

This weekend Spirit of War will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Highpass Cemetery scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.

Realm versus Realm
Open World Campaign

- The invader and royal shards in white RvR bags are now excluded from higher tier bags.

Scenarios

- Doomfist Crater will be the next Pug Scenario (you can vote for pug scenario monthly here)

- Mourkain Temple and Twisting Tower are back in the scenario rotation (which updates Monday weekly)

Combat and Careers
General Changes and Fixes

- Fixed an issue that was causing immunities to be removed incorrectly while a chapter 22 PQ boss was active in Dwarf/Greenskin or Empire/Chaos pairings.

Bug Fixes

- Napalm Grenade can be defended again

Bug Fixes

- Dissolving Mist can be defended again

Contents
General

- The door to Sigmars Hammer will no longer open to a pit.

- Fixed issue which caused Cloak Heraldry to appear incorrectly when toggling "Show Heraldry"

Dungeons

- Sigmar Crypts barriers for the subsequent bosses has been removed and has now the gates behind them will automatically open when the boss has been killed. This will also now persist through server reboots and instance closures.

Quests

Greenskin Chapter 13
- Humie Shinies: You will now have to collect the Shiny Silver Comets, and the quest rewards have been added

- Drums of War: You will now have to take some Humie Skins for Gubgub's drums

- Unchained Malady: You will now receive Skulkin's Rot Stuff to pour into the well bucket, and the quest rewards have been added

Items
General

- Items or Talismans which should expire but somehow haven't should now start to expire.

Armor Talisman Rebalance

This has been on the backburner to-do list for a long time. We're dropping the values on these talismans by approximately 25% across the board (the formula is a bit fiddly, so it's not perfect). This will bring it much closer into alignment with the defensive benefits of Toughness talismans, and make the world a more dangerous place for many light armored classes that have been relying on them. All levels of talisman will be affected, but here are some of the most common ones before and after values.

Greater Talisman of the Armorer R28 - 124 > 97
Superior Talisman of the Armorer R32 - 137 > 106
Potent Talisman of the Armorer R36 - 149 > 116

Greater Talisman of the Mastersmith R28 - 150 > 114
Superior Talisman of the Mastersmith R32 - 164 > 124
Potent Talisman of the Mastersmith R36 - 180 > 136

User Interface
Crafting

- Apothecary will now switch to other item stacks of the same type in your backpack when you have consumed one stack of materials.

Bug Fixes

- [18531] The Orbs in Elven Ch22 PQs once again spawn in their intended positions.

Ads
basedgodx

Re: Patch Notes 26/02/2021

Post#2 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:11 pm

Great talisman change!

lyncher12

Post#3 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:13 pm

so are you going to refund the gold i spent on 180 talis?

Rydiak

Post#4 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:14 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:13 pm so are you going to refund the gold i spent on 180 talis?
You still have the best armor talisman available.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

zumos2

Post#5 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:15 pm

I honestly don't get why you are messing with the core balance of the game. Why in hell is this

"and make the world a more dangerous place for many light armored classes that have been relying on them."

a good idea???
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

gglan0uille

Post#6 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:15 pm

Awesome news.
Lovely changes about the dungeon barriers.
Cool changes for armor talismans, now diversity is possible.
WHY THIS BATTLEFRONT ? WHO VOTED THIS ? i do not understand players

MedV

Post#7 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:17 pm

WPs and DOKs get another buff/advantage over all the other healers once again.
The King.

lyncher12

Post#8 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:17 pm

gglan0uille wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:15 pm Awesome news.
Lovely changes about the dungeon barriers.
Cool changes for armor talismans, now diversity is possible.
WHY THIS BATTLEFRONT ? WHO VOTED THIS ? i do not understand players
there wasn't a vote. i personally believe its a troll by the gms to give us what? the 5th F tier sc WW in a row?

Ads
zumos2

Post#9 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:18 pm

zumos2 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:15 pm I honestly don't get why you are messing with the core balance of the game. Why in hell is this

"and make the world a more dangerous place for many light armored classes that have been relying on them."

a good idea???
To add to that, since when are light armored classes overperforming? They already are the weak links in high level of play, mdps already reign supreme. There is once again zero logic.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Opeteh

Post#10 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:19 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:40 pm and make the world a more dangerous place for many light armored classes that have been relying on them
Yes, because before it was super easy for light armored classes to stay alive...
Have any devs played City recently, lets say, as a light armored Zealot who has to stay in place to cast 2,5 second AOE heal (with massive setback)?
Last edited by Opeteh on Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Opeteh (87 zealot) / Ovvi (80 Witch Elf)