Patch Notes 18/02/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
xoonerfree
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 18/02/2021

Post#41 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:16 am

Evilest wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:39 am
Cabron101 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:18 am - White RvR bags now contains two Invader crest shards or two royal crests shards if you have the Vanquisher or Invader tome unlocks

Awesome change!
Except if you actually put effort in getting your invader or sov gear. Which means now there'll be much more people with participation trophy level gear. And that lowbies will face hordes of people in sov.
welcome to all mmorpgs.

you earn something and 6 months later it's given away.

Ads
xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#42 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:23 am

Alubert wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:42 pm
oaliaen wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:24 pm
Tobias26 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:37 pm
It's impossible to make it worse, I think
They just turned Chosen worse in its last change... "Corruptive Power "
You are wrong. Corruptive power is good tactic. You need just stack some crit. Its only last too short 5 sec. 10 sec will be fine.
the tactic should increase group hit crit rate by 10% instead.

Detangler

Post#43 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:39 am

junkxjunk wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:44 pm
oaliaen wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:36 pm
You are wrong. Corruptive power is good tactic. You need just stack some crit. Its only last too short 5 sec. 10 sec will be fine.
Did you already tryed it or are just exposing your thoughts? stack crit and lose your capacity to tank...this tactic is useless in rvr / ranked. Also, i dont think wasting 20 seconds to get 5 sec no crit chance is viable.
use rending blade every 5 seconds, even with just oppressing blows and lini is enough to proc it usually. Dont even need to gear that hard for it.
In order to run oppressing blows, rending blade, and corruptive power, you have only 2 points left over to choose between Relentless, AP drain aura, knockdown, and maybe daemonclaw if you really dig the extra 150ish strength. Not easy choices to make. On top of that, your resist aura will be laughably low as you have no points up the discord tree. Damage and defenses just got shot all to hell with this spec just so your group mates have a chance for a brief reduction in being crit.

It's a terrible ability that doesn't fit with the class at all.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Tobias26

Post#44 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:24 am

Detangler wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:16 pm
Tobias26 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:48 pm
Alubert wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:30 pm

Well maybe becosue you are "typical" chosen. Im not typical, Im Wybrany :P.
Who said that snb chosen need use def sets + def renown? Your zerg leader?
Shield make you so def. I use mix off sov + victorious + full armor talismans. I never dying before my guarded target.
When i have cap of strenght, smuggler greatsword and ~100 melee power - i see maximum crits for 500-800 dmg (350-550 usually), and hits for 200-400 ofc. And i absolutely sure - you never can hit for 650 dmg with one-handed weapon. You can see 150-300 crits with best equipment, and these are the maximum values, usually you will see ~70-120. Well, that is not "help with damage" for dps classes. When you make 10-20% of their damage - its almost nothing.
I ran DPS S/B chosen for a long time before devs took away Discordant Winds (**shakes fist at dev team**). 350-400 ravage/cleave hits was the norm before crits.

You should listen to the guy. Can confirm everything he's saying, but I use a slightly different setup of gear for it. Also use a real end game weapon, not smugglers stuff, heh.
Sure, it looks like a truth, but this is not "help with damage" too) Again - if you make 10-20% of dps of typical damage dealer - its just nothing. Any player with healer at his back can just ignore any snb tank attacks him. And two snb tanks. And three. And two full dps geared 2h chosen. And three. In general, you can not make your chosen so that he represents at least some threat to someone. Except for stray lone hats or SW or BW, and then not always.
Duis - Chosen 79
Tobiasx - KotBS 70

Caduceus

Post#45 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:09 am

Making white bags contain 2 shards is a great change.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

xpander
Community Management

Post#46 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:39 am

ohh pathfinding finally enabled in all zones?
nice... time to try to level up one char in PvE entirely as an experiment i guess :D
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Alubert

Post#47 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:23 pm

xoonerfree wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:23 am
oaliaen wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:24 pm

They just turned Chosen worse in its last change... "Corruptive Power "
the tactic should increase group hit crit rate by 10% instead.
Good idea but most of RoR players dont wanna exact abilities from order mirrors (knight tactic).
Best idea for me is bring back old CS.
I remember order players cry that it's too op.
Now the order has stolen CS chosens and only a few percent of SM use it :). SM can use it without problem and chosen one had to deal critical damage on target.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Alubert

Post#48 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:34 pm

Tobias26 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:24 am
Tobias26 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:48 pm
When i have cap of strenght, smuggler greatsword and ~100 melee power - i see maximum crits for 500-800 dmg (350-550 usually), and hits for 200-400 ofc. And i absolutely sure - you never can hit for 650 dmg with one-handed weapon. You can see 150-300 crits with best equipment, and these are the maximum values, usually you will see ~70-120. Well, that is not "help with damage" for dps classes. When you make 10-20% of their damage - its almost nothing.
I ran DPS S/B chosen for a long time before devs took away Discordant Winds (**shakes fist at dev team**). 350-400 ravage/cleave hits was the norm before crits.

You should listen to the guy. Can confirm everything he's saying, but I use a slightly different setup of gear for it. Also use a real end game weapon, not smugglers stuff, heh.
Sure, it looks like a truth, but this is not "help with damage" too) Again - if you make 10-20% of dps of typical damage dealer - its just nothing. Any player with healer at his back can just ignore any snb tank attacks him. And two snb tanks. And three. And two full dps geared 2h chosen. And three. In general, you can not make your chosen so that he represents at least some threat to someone. Except for stray lone hats or SW or BW, and then not always.
Then who are you attacking? Tanks? Your priority goals or your guarded DD are SW / BW / AM / SL / WH / WL / ENGI or bad positioning healers.
SnB chosen can deal high damage if it wants to, but it's not always worth it. That's why I recommend a balanced setup.
In the past when I had a more offensive build my personal record of 40 lev BW (sc nordenwatch, he and I were alone so no one had buffs and debuffs from others) I hit him with a Ravage 1149 dmg. Not bad for snb chosen. But my toughens was only 400.
I know, I know, of course you won't believe it :).
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Ads
Tobias26

Post#49 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:04 pm

Alubert wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:34 pm

Then who are you attacking? Tanks? Your priority goals or your guarded DD are SW / BW / AM / SL / WH / WL / ENGI or bad positioning healers.
SnB chosen can deal high damage if it wants to, but it's not always worth it. That's why I recommend a balanced setup.
In the past when I had a more offensive build my personal record of 40 lev BW (sc nordenwatch, he and I were alone so no one had buffs and debuffs from others) I hit him with a Ravage 1149 dmg. Not bad for snb chosen. But my toughens was only 400.
1. Chosen cant deal high damage. Just cant. Only knight deals less damage than the chosen.
2. Dps class like chopa (for example) could hit that not geared 35+ rank BW (im sure he's just like that) 2-3k i think, maybe more.
I don't want to say that the chosen should deal damage like a dps class. I want it to deal (with fully dps gear equipped) at least 50-70% of the dps class damage, not a 20-30% (10-20% snb). And i wating for rework which the developers promised.
Duis - Chosen 79
Tobiasx - KotBS 70

Alubert

Post#50 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:34 pm

Tobias26 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:04 pm
Alubert wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:34 pm

1. Chosen cant deal high damage. Just cant. Only knight deals less damage than the chosen.
2. Dps class like chopa (for example) could hit that not geared 35+ rank BW (im sure he's just like that) 2-3k i think, maybe more.
I don't want to say that the chosen should deal damage like a dps class. I want it to deal (with fully dps gear equipped) at least 50-70% of the dps class damage, not a 20-30% (10-20% snb). And i wating for rework which the developers promised.
I like your idea too.
But when chosen lost CS, morale pump nerfed to the ground (cd 10 sec not 3 sec), to be usefull u need bring something more to party. At least u can do avarage dmg.
Also the best chosen tactic "Super punt" better work on 2h. No idea why devs nerf snb spec with 20 sec cd on chosen the best tactic.
Nowdays for me to be usefull for party u need play super def spec as a 2h and enjoy punts every 10 sec and not dying faster then your guarded target (after guard dmg changes) or
play as a SnB off/balanced spec. Both spec ofc mid and right mastery tree.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer