Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 04/02/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Flet

Re: Patch Notes 04/02/2021

Post#31 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:26 am

I think the idea of the appearance toggle being an absolute resolution of the issue is silly.
Its mechanically advantageous to see what your enemies are actually wearing. This means the meta choice will always be to turn it off, and while you may think 'all is well because people who want to see it still can', when your enemies will mostly see your actual equipment it will lower the motivation to bother using the alternate appearances in the first place. This will have a snowball effect to lower the general passive social pressure to worry about it.

If it was simply off it would at least mean the actual appearances of the various armors would become held to a higher standard. If some endgame armor set looked horrible to the point people hated having to wear it that would become an issue that could hopefully be addressed. With the inclusion of this toggle such complaints can simply be brushed off by telling people to hide their appearance despite still looking incredibly silly to others.

I joined the server during this controversy and resolved to simply not care about alternate appearances because alternate appearance in mmos is never about how you look to yourself but how you look to others. By creating this dual system, where some people will see you one way and other people will see you another way, you are simply doubling the cosmetic load the player who wants to look good must undergo. Therefore i decided to simply look as good as i could with the actual armor appearance i had and ignore the cosmetics entirely unless things were made to how they were before. This change does not alter that position because it still preserves the real issue that some people will see you one way, and others another way. So while it doesn't affect me all that much I do feel bad for the people who put time into gathering a unique appearance for themselves to create a character identity who had that character identity stripped from them which this patch does not resolve.

Ads
Bowldancer

Post#32 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:04 am

Flet wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:26 am I think the idea of the appearance toggle being an absolute resolution of the issue is silly.
It is probably the fairest solution and I voted for alternate appearance to be enforced. My appearance is part of my identity and they enable people to strip it away from me. As I did not expect for it to come back at all I am ok with the middle ground. If people want to see anonymous clones - let them.
Flet wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:26 am Its mechanically advantageous to see what your enemies are actually wearing. This means the meta choice will always be to turn it off,
This "advantage" was artificially bloated in the whole discussion. Yes some classes stand out of the crowd because of their backpiece - like Slayer, Witch Hunter and Rune Priest - but the majority of people can't differentiate one set from another.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

TreefAM

Post#33 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:36 am

Imagine thinking it's an ADVANTAGE to know what people are wearing, who cares lmao, this is literally a solo pug problem.
In a fight you will easily see and find the weakest link in the enemy warband.
And no matter who or what you're fighting you will stick to the basic gameplay.
As a dps you will assist on the ma and follow them around, as a tank you will stick to your dps and provide the needed buffs/cc and as a healer it doesn't matter if 3conq or 3sov dps go after you, you will kite them.
People overestimate gear too much.

xanderous

Post#34 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:43 am

full sov or devastator you will still get wrekked by premades if your solo yollo, spam your pots and run back to warcamp to forum post balance proposals, thank you.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Detangler

Post#35 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:50 pm

Its useful to see appearances of the enemy for all the Witch Hunters. The smart ones don't try to engage me on my Chosen. The less than smart ones try to fight, but then always stagger, run away, and vanish. The dumb ones I get to kill.

Appearance won't matter in the chaos of WB+ v WB+ play. Its just for solo players to avoid tough fights.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ninjagon

Post#36 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:59 pm

The renown bonus for Reikland Factory scenario does not work, i think.
Please fix :-)
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Sulorie

Post#37 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:09 pm

Bowldancer wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:04 am
This "advantage" was artificially bloated in the whole discussion. Yes some classes stand out of the crowd because of their backpiece - like Slayer, Witch Hunter and Rune Priest - but the majority of people can't differentiate one set from another.
Most ppl who care for this stay in warcamp, when they see certain names on scoreboard and don't bother with visuals. :D
Dying is no option.