Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 29/01/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
detrap

Re: Patch Notes 29/01/2021

Post#101 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:36 pm

Sponn wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:53 pm Devs really need to implement changes through empirical observation and experience rather than.... whatever metric they use

Pretty sure nobody was complaining about On Your Guard, but if it isn't broke, just change it anyway!

lol

Does this mean Discordant Fluctuation for Chosen is going to be changed from Spirit damage to Physical as well?

Probably not.

Nice "Balance"
But it wasn't working as intended. They came across it and fixed it.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Ads
Oglaf
Suspended

Post#102 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:36 pm

"[18374] Chosen: Bottomless Stein Trophy Not Displaying After Given Correct Appearance"

This wasn't fixed: it is once again showing the Order version of the trophy rather than Destro.

CountTalabecland

Post#103 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:39 pm

I didn't realize the denizens of the warhammer world were all NBA athletes with the ability to do a 40 inch+ vertical. At this rate, in a few patches everyone will be able to dunk.

This dev team is the Oprah of pounces. You get a pounce, you get a pounce, you get a pounce, everybody gets a pounceeeeeee.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

wonshot

Post#104 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:44 pm

Sounds like a lot of work went into this one,
Animation updates for Slayer, moving stuff around on Lion trying to make it fit its frontloaded burst (the scaling has me abit worried but maybe this is needed to clense the free roam destro soloers have had on WE and gobboes)

The WL changes, make me wonder if Secerets has simply been on a break from the game, returned and started cleaning **** up xD

SH changes... Nice that the BB shreenshake is finally gone. But the Baseline Pounce makes me imagine some RSH finally being caught having used all his kiting abilities in the toolbox, and there are quite a few, and now he has acces to turtle in Squigarmor plus able to do a defence pounce should a target be in a good spot, it make me a little worried for how slippery the ranged class can be. For melee it is probably nice, and i can see how the change was needed on WL but this mirror makes me unsure.
time will tell.

Lets see if RSH will become Spiderman and be uncatchable.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

balvor877
Suspended

Post#105 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:50 pm

detrap wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:33 pm What part of this patch did they nerf knights?
- On Your Guard: This ability will now deal physical damage instead of elemental damage.

Ramlaen

Post#106 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:51 pm

detrap wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:36 pm
Sponn wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:53 pm Devs really need to implement changes through empirical observation and experience rather than.... whatever metric they use

Pretty sure nobody was complaining about On Your Guard, but if it isn't broke, just change it anyway!

lol

Does this mean Discordant Fluctuation for Chosen is going to be changed from Spirit damage to Physical as well?

Probably not.

Nice "Balance"
Fixing it would have been correcting the tooltip, not converting a magical ability into physical damage.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Skullgrin

Post#107 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:51 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:39 pm I didn't realize the denizens of the warhammer world were all NBA athletes with the ability to do a 40 inch+ vertical. At this rate, in a few patches everyone will be able to dunk.

This dev team is the Oprah of pounces. You get a pounce, you get a pounce, you get a pounce, everybody gets a pounceeeeeee.

Chosen don't have a pounce... :(
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

zulnam

Post#108 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:52 pm

Sponn wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:17 pm Oh thank you for clearing this up.

I guess that is the approach they want to go for Order, just nerf it when possible.

Heaven's Fury wasn't stunning for 5 seconds like the tooltip said, they could have changed the ability to match the tooltip but when the nerf route instead. Changing the tooltip to what the ability was doing improperly.

I guess they went the same route with "On Your Guard" I guess it was doing elemental dmg (which refelcts the chosens aura ability doing spirit dmg) but I guess instead of just changing the tooltip they just nerfed the ability.

Right on ty for the clarification. Bummer.
But this is literally how bugfixing works. The ability was meant to do physical damange, it wasn't. Now it is.

I'm not happy about the current state of knight either (specifically, the 2H part), but I would be a hypocrite if I would say that that's not how I would've fixed this bug as well.

First you implement the expected functionality. Then you tweak it. You don't fix bugs by making them "a feature". That's just a joke developers in general throw around.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
detrap

Post#109 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:56 pm

Ramlaen wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:51 pm
detrap wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:36 pm

lol

Probably not.

Nice "Balance"
Fixing it would have been correcting the tooltip, not converting a magical ability into physical damage.
Maybe it wasn't supposed to do magical damage in the first place?
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#110 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:57 pm

lol

Probably not.

Nice "Balance"
Legit was on the tooltip as physical and client files, too. Someone, somewhere along the way made it elemental damage instead of physical in a 'stealth' change.