Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 25/12/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Elenori

Re: Patch Notes 25/12/2020

Post#111 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:40 am

I'm probably ok with Shadowstep changes as long as similar classes also the range of their jumps reduced. At the very least, need to try it out. But all teleporting abilities also still need to be fixed in two ways:
1. Make the jump go to the actual location of the person, not when they were previously - or (if it's technically impossible to calculate where they will be in a second) make the jump's duration very short so the enemy doesn't have the time to run away from the spot.
2. Change the jump's duration proportionately to the distance that you will travel. If the distance is almost zero then it should also be almost instant, to avoid getting you stuck in place while you slowly move across these millimeters and the enemy runs off. Just look how it works in all the other games with teleport.

But the arrow changes! As assault, your Broadheld arrow is already much weaker since you would skip things like ranged critical (in renown and potions) in favor of melee stuff. Additionally, it needs more time and actionpoints (which are very limited) to fully apply and can be easily removed by healers (whom you are supposed to go after!). By itself the Broadheld arrow as assault is only an extra thing you can do, not an impossibly great damage source. As to how it now works with healing reduction... In my opinion switching to a ranged stance just to be able to use ranged healing reduction, one of the very FEW unique and helpful things you can do as melee is not acceptable. And remember that you also need to spend several seconds in it to shoot both Broadheld and the healing reduction itself. Adding to the injury, with all the classes that can pull you in, or teleport around, switching to a stance with way less protection while running up or next to an enemy becomes rather stupid. It's like having a minimum range between which and melee your class turns into a pumpkin. And don't you think hitting someone with a sword to be able to shoot an arrow is a bit backwards? And you've just also made us even worse in dungeons (I know they must never be mentioned but just a small consideration).

As a mastery that is already barely wanted in groups except some very specific places I think the Broadheld arrow change is not at all warranted! Especially at the same time as making Shadowstep worse. If anything, you should strive to make even single target masteries more accepted everywhere in the name of variety, not less.

I was looking forward to playing my favourite class some time this week and this single change has drained any will to do so. Even optimists have their limits, sorry.
Last edited by Elenori on Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
A thing of beauty, I know, will never fade away...

Ads
Nadril21

Post#112 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:41 am

Jeliel80 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:33 am
Nadril21 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:12 am
Glorian wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:23 am

As the Spot was reachable since 11 years on live I guess it was obviously intended by the old devs in their endless wisdom.

Btw. Here is the Video for getting a nerf the next day if you dare to kill a GM in RvR.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/849951139

Needless to say we where whiped 3 minutes later by the same Warband because PnP knows how to jump on the spot too.

Solid patch. I hope all the Devs and everyone who dedicates countless hours to make this game even better than OG, had a great holiday.

This video highlights the main reason people complain about bias on both realms though. A player shown in this video clearly gets killed, then 5 seconds later has a GM tag over his name and floats up to the group that kills him. Literally a day or 2 later the area shown is patched and deemed illegal after over 10 years. Not a good look.

If your a player, be a player. If your a GM, be a GM. Changes shouldn't be prioritized due to status but rather by effect they have on game. This is legit the most minuscule thing that has been around for a decade but was shoved into the next patch like it was an emergency.
Or some getting kited by Squigs and shammies roamers, so butchering rSH first, and then trashing a race defining racial after.
Absolutely shameful :lol:
EXACTLY. RUN AWAY! has been meme/lul complained about for years before anything was done. Yet some terrain was nerfed 2 days after some random GM died.
Nadril the Witchunter YouTube
Nadrill the Wizard
Grumbler the Ironbreaker
Fancyfeet the Shadow Warrior

Gurf

Post#113 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:47 am

GM died in rvr so they patched the game lol, that is pretty tragic, they even took the BO and locked the zone so it didn’t make any difference.

sonorous

Post#114 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:05 am

Just to clarify, our problem isnt with a particular GM. We are not looking for a public **** flinging contest. We are just tired of every spot we find getting walled off. This time is different bc there is video. Same story happened in caledor with a different GM. Highpass has already been mentioned. There is no logic to this. That is all. It takes away from the game at no real benefit to anyone. And i asaure you this is in the book of grudges.

Dwarfs of Ekrund!

Unchain the terrain!
Kolland & Irolland

Kragg

Post#115 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:16 pm

Gurf wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:47 am GM died in rvr so they patched the game lol, that is pretty tragic, they even took the BO and locked the zone so it didn’t make any difference.
While the GM hovers in the sky, directing his warband towards us. :lol:

Unchain the terrain!
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Zizzelfizz

Post#116 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:39 pm

Someone needs some Cheese for the Whine? it's getting really boring
Love it, or leave it

Krima

Post#117 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:44 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:15 pm
Balance Changes

- Treacherous Assault : A 30ft pounce component has been added to this ability.
Its possible to revert it back ? WEs are forced to always pounce even if not needed. It does not feel smoth at all.
Im losing flanking dmg also when I pounce.

https://www.twitch.tv/zarbix/clip/Lucky ... eOMGScoots Clear example how its worse now.. before pounce Zarbix on his WE could easliy catch up with the AM with elixir of shadows and follow up with strikes.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

dalen
Developer

Post#118 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:13 pm

Elenori wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:40 am I'm probably ok with Shadowstep changes as long as similar classes also the range of their jumps reduced. At the very least, need to try it out. But all teleporting abilities also still need to be fixed in two ways:
1. Make the jump go to the actual location of the person, not when they were previously - or (if it's technically impossible to calculate where they will be in a second) make the jump's duration very short so the enemy doesn't have the time to run away from the spot.
2. Change the jump's duration proportionately to the distance that you will travel. If the distance is almost zero then it should also be almost instant, to avoid getting you stuck in place while you slowly move across these millimeters and the enemy runs off. Just look how it works in all the other games with teleport.
Neither of those things are possible with pounces. The destination position is sent to the client at the start of the pounce, and the travel time is expressed in seconds. For most things Mythic used milliseconds, but for some unknown reason they used whole seconds for pounce. The duration is already set to 1s which is the lowest amount.

We have looked a bit at doing it more like a forward self punt, then we could set a variable flight time based on distance. But collision with terrain is enabled during that, so there would be a much bigger risk of getting stuck on fences and stuff.
Source Developer

Ads
Rumpel

Post#119 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:25 pm

I hope devs will fix pounce to a playable state cause I like pounce in general. :)

Didn't test it yet but my first thinking was about roaming with rangeclasses or msh as partner. Its always annoying reaching the enemy while my roaming partner are on the enemy along time before while I have to walk in stealth.
Last edited by Rumpel on Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

puzzolamistica
Suspended

Post#120 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:44 pm

this video prove that evritying can be fun for order is patched or nerfed or deleted keep it up devs whit your amazing works like altodrf stage 3 doors bug!
enxt patch u can try to delete order so mnaybe the game wwill be balanced!