Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 25/12/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Arcrival

Re: Patch Notes 25/12/2020

Post#101 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:59 am

I can appreciate you attempting to throw Witch Hunters a bone here but looking at the last WH discussion thread and generating ideas would have been better. The WE pounce was a good WTF moment though.

Also I agree with most here and wonder if the path we are on still reflects the intentions of the EMU
It's OK to heal a Slayer! :mrgreen:

Ads
sjemen

Post#102 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:05 am

the changes to some classes feel so unnecessary and random.

merry xmass all! :D
shmemsy 82 IB sjem 75 WP sjembem 70 ENG shmem WH 67 sjemo 68 WL sjemsy 64 BW fatsjem 59 SLAY shmoom 52 AM sjemsjem 53 RP smemz 43 KotBSsjemel 59 SW
shmemz 68 SH sjemz 64 SHM sjemppa 48 BOsjemmy 50 CHP ssjemm 43 MAR

Fey

Post#103 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:58 am

Sweet Order tears sustain me. WL tears in particular are just precious. Declawed after years of wtf OP, marvelous.

Also, why would anyone be surprised at the devs limiting or altering terrain? They added that dinky wall outside of the mine BO in the middle of Thunder Mountain years ago. Utterly baffling change, but they are under little obligation to explain if they're inclined otherwise.

No one likes to get sniped outside of detaunt range. Outside keeps and forts that is shitty world design.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

engharat

Post#104 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:11 am

I can confirm new pounce is awful. AWFUL. It does not serve any role: it is not a reduce distance tool, and it is not an escape tool. It is simply better to walk than to jump 45ft. Please, consider reverting to the original distance which was a balanced one.

Kragg

Post#105 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:28 am

gebajger wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:02 pm
Kragg wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:30 pm
Glorian wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:39 pm - The towers at the Ruins of Greystone Keep and Kinschels's Stronhold BOs are classed as illegal areas, meaning that you will get the overextension debuff if you stand on top of them.

Stupid me thought we were past the point where you kill a GM or his destro buddies in RvR and get nerfed afterwards.
The sniper is all about perching on top of a building or hill and punching holes through greenskins from a mile away with the help of a mighty fine rifle. It’s about the simple pleasure of watching a group of enemies descend into panic as you pick the hapless goons off one by one – the Bitterstone Thunderers with our sniper squads thrive off moments like these. But the last few months we get restriction after restriction, and every time because there is an unhappy GM.

Unfortunately, our spots are becoming less and less, as some GM's get annoyed and ensure that the spot is removed from the game. By a blockade, or now in this case a forbidden zone. You are supossed to make use of the terrain. One of the charms of the RvR lake is that it is an open zone, and if we climb on towers, hills, hide in bushes then that should be fine. Restriction after restriction on actually using the landscape or the infrastructure in the zone. That being said, we are still just as vunerable to ranged attacks as ever. Destro has the same range as we do. That it is troublesome for the meleeball should not be our problem.
It started years ago.
Don't use your brain, don't explore.
Places like this apparently provide unfair advantage , even if it takes several minutes of preparation to get there, and
even if its available for both sides.
Why not just chop down all the trees, since you can use them as cover and that's not fair.
These places added a nice flavor to the game.
Exactly, and we happen to know why it was deemed such a spot. A salty GM and his warband, even tho they just moved around and jumped us on the same spot. And this is not the first time. Take the hill at Talabecland that is part of the keep. We switch the keeps around between the factions, but Order made more use of it and... closed off. And other spots around the world have been closed off as well, even tho they are reachable.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Kragg

Post#106 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:29 am

Fey wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:58 am

No one likes to get sniped outside of detaunt range. Outside keeps and forts that is shitty world design.
If we hit you you won't be able to detaunt anyhow. You dead. :mrgreen:
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

licenje

Post#107 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:40 am

Since they locked my tread about gona post here!!

"So was thinking since now all mdps got some sort of gap closer is it time for slayer pounce to be instaled ??
Since slayer is only mds dps with no gap closer and hes got 5 sec slow with 10 sec cd... and aoe slow removes your rage and slows random 10-40%...
No pull, no silence, no dissarm, no jump, no iterrupt its just damage with aoe cap...
its like all other classes are in 2020 and slayer was left in 1914 ..."

Nadril21

Post#108 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:12 am

Glorian wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:23 am
wonshot wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:02 pm
Spoiler:
Kragg wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:30 pm

The sniper is all about perching on top of a building or hill and punching holes through greenskins from a mile away with the help of a mighty fine rifle. It’s about the simple pleasure of watching a group of enemies descend into panic as you pick the hapless goons off one by one – the Bitterstone Thunderers with our sniper squads thrive off moments like these. But the last few months we get restriction after restriction, and every time because there is an unhappy GM.

Unfortunately, our spots are becoming less and less, as some GM's get annoyed and ensure that the spot is removed from the game. By a blockade, or now in this case a forbidden zone. You are supossed to make use of the terrain. One of the charms of the RvR lake is that it is an open zone, and if we climb on towers, hills, hide in bushes then that should be fine. Restriction after restriction on actually using the landscape or the infrastructure in the zone. That being said, we are still just as vunerable to ranged attacks as ever. Destro has the same range as we do. That it is troublesome for the meleeball should not be our problem.
I dont know the histroy of which places have been limmited by barriers in the past for you guys, but the way I read that line of patchnotes. It seem like the keyword is "Battle objective" if the snipersquad is up on a mountain hill on a supply route, a random stone in the orvr lake, or on a building that is not connected to an objective I wouldnt think there was an issue with it. But when you can get a hight advantage by climbing nearby terrein and then cover an orvr objective that is not supposed to have a built in terrein advantage, i guess it counts as "illegal areas"

For example if a BO has a crypt gate, a brewery door or teleport orb that means the entry point and narrow funnel choke is intented. But if you start becoming

spiderman and climb a jumping puzzle to then cover a one way entry point that can be denied with punts and slows making a jump to reach you unable or in

otherways give you a clear defensive advantage that was not obviously implimented, I can kinda see why restrictions are made.

Same as when people started blocking or climbing with the kegs from events.
As the Spot was reachable since 11 years on live I guess it was obviously intended by the old devs in their endless wisdom.

Btw. Here is the Video for getting a nerf the next day if you dare to kill a GM in RvR.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/849951139

Needless to say we where whiped 3 minutes later by the same Warband because PnP knows how to jump on the spot too.

Solid patch. I hope all the Devs and everyone who dedicates countless hours to make this game even better than OG, had a great holiday.

This video highlights the main reason people complain about bias on both realms though. A player shown in this video clearly gets killed, then 5 seconds later has a GM tag over his name and floats up to the group that kills him. Literally a day or 2 later the area shown is patched and deemed illegal after over 10 years. Not a good look.

If your a player, be a player. If your a GM, be a GM. Changes shouldn't be prioritized due to status but rather by effect they have on game. This is legit the most minuscule thing that has been around for a decade but was shoved into the next patch like it was an emergency.
Nadril the Witchunter YouTube
Nadrill the Wizard
Grumbler the Ironbreaker
Fancyfeet the Shadow Warrior

Ads
Jeliel80

Post#109 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:33 am

Nadril21 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:12 am
Spoiler:
I dont know the histroy of which places have been limmited by barriers in the past for you guys, but the way I read that line of patchnotes. It seem like the keyword is "Battle objective" if the snipersquad is up on a mountain hill on a supply route, a random stone in the orvr lake, or on a building that is not connected to an objective I wouldnt think there was an issue with it. But when you can get a hight advantage by climbing nearby terrein and then cover an orvr objective that is not supposed to have a built in terrein advantage, i guess it counts as "illegal areas"

For example if a BO has a crypt gate, a brewery door or teleport orb that means the entry point and narrow funnel choke is intented. But if you start becoming

spiderman and climb a jumping puzzle to then cover a one way entry point that can be denied with punts and slows making a jump to reach you unable or in

otherways give you a clear defensive advantage that was not obviously implimented, I can kinda see why restrictions are made.

As the Spot was reachable since 11 years on live I guess it was obviously intended by the old devs in their endless wisdom.

Btw. Here is the Video for getting a nerf the next day if you dare to kill a GM in RvR.

Needless to say we where whiped 3 minutes later by the same Warband because PnP knows how to jump on the spot too.

Solid patch. I hope all the Devs and everyone who dedicates countless hours to make this game even better than OG, had a great holiday.

This video highlights the main reason people complain about bias on both realms though. A player shown in this video clearly gets killed, then 5 seconds later has a GM tag over his name and floats up to the group that kills him. Literally a day or 2 later the area shown is patched and deemed illegal after over 10 years. Not a good look.

If your a player, be a player. If your a GM, be a GM. Changes shouldn't be prioritized due to status but rather by effect they have on game. This is legit the most minuscule thing that has been around for a decade but was shoved into the next patch like it was an emergency.
Or some getting kited by Squigs and shammies roamers, so butchering rSH first, and then trashing a race defining racial after.
Absolutely shameful :lol:
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81
Jelielina - AM 81

saupreusse
Developer

Post#110 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:37 am

Nadril21 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:12 am
Spoiler:

this is just like the hill on the order keep near verentanes tower in talabecland. for ages it was a part of the map like every other until someone fell prey to a bunch of sniping dwarfs...