Ads

Patch Notes 16/12/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sponn
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 16/12/2020

Post#31 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:55 pm

Why don't you just make the TOK invader unlock mandatory for SC ranked? (again)

Like RNG is the basis for which people have gear pre and post rr70+ or w/e.....

Or make fixed sets for Ranked SC. Pretty sure the focus of Ranked in most games is a comparison of skill and knowledge of the class, all gear items being equal or equally accessible.

Ads
manofsteal

Post#32 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:28 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:21 pm A new contribution system has been added in City Sieges. It is taking more factors into account than the old system. Some of the parameters to the system are not finalized yet, and we expect to tune it a bit after release and testing how it works in real city instances.
Would love to get some more info / context here - what are the stats / factors taken into account? Historically (as a Chosen) it has felt fairly random...

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#33 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:47 pm

Regarding MMR, as I've had this conversation more than once.

We use Glicko2 to calculate MMR. This isn't some hacky thing we made up on our own. http://glicko.net/glicko/glicko2.pdf
The pre-season has reset MMR, your addons did not.
You will see large swings in MMR until you get a couple dozen matches played.
You CAN lose MMR while winning a match, this can also swing largely in your first couple of matches.
If you keep playing, your MMR will stabilize and results will be more reasonable.

Additionally, if you don't like MMR, then ignore it. There are several constants about ranked matches that might be more desirable than standard matches.

MMR does not, despite the unfortunate moniker, result in matchmade games the majority of the time. This is because the majority of the time, there are not enough people queued in different MMR brackets to reasonably fill out matchmade matches. Instead what happens is the system makes a best attempt with the people currently in the scenario pool, then fills in the rest of the spots with anyone leftover.

You still get 2-2-2 pure PvP matches, they're not guaranteed to be balanced by MMR or even significantly influenced by MMR. MMR for our purposes is almost strictly for ranking where you stand among everyone else.

MMR is also for gear prices, but that gear is such a marginal upgrade from the prior set it's really just there as a carrot for completionists. You'll get it eventually if you play.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

BelligerentBob

Post#34 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:34 am

Can we remove MMR from the scenario summary and replace it with renown? From talking to people it seems that MMR being displayed is a big factor as to why they dont queue.
[Hemingway Daiquiri(s)]

carthagerising

Post#35 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:47 am

the changes to ranked sound like they would be good on paper but i gotta say im dreading the effects on pops. as everyone knows its already a struggle to get games in this mode and splitting an already tiny pool could result in even more of a nightmare. I hope this will be monitored and adjusted or even reverted if the qs go down the drain.

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:47 pm MMR is also for gear prices, but that gear is such a marginal upgrade from the prior set it's really just there as a carrot for completionists. You'll get it eventually if you play.
ah, is this why the prices are so insane and its so hard to get? you guys feel its just a completionist thing so it doesnt matter how extreme the costs are? cus the gear can be quite good (mixed with other sets) for a number of classes, if they bother to do the math and get a good combination.

could some cost reductions be considered? even minor ones? It shouldnt be easy to get per se but currently the number of wins required for the chest, let alone if your aiming for 3 pieces of the sets is colossal and the time required is quite soul destroying.

Course the changes need time and i really hope they do start to bring some life back into ranked as it is much better than many seem to think and would only get better with fresh players bringing variety to the matches. Time will tellbut thanks for at least looking into making changes to trya nd fix this overlooked game mode.
Carthage 91 Chosen
Macedonia 83 Kotbs

Ilfor

Post#36 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:29 am

We understand that splitting a small population has the risk of reducing pops even more. But hopefully this should make the matches more balanced and the game mode more fun for both lower geared players and for higher geared players, and thereby increasing the number of players queueing up.

Thank you! As a perennial T2-T3 player, I appreciate your consideration! It gets old being chuff for the vastly more experienced and better equipped. I know it's part of the game, but getting a kill once in a while is so rewarding!

phononHYPE

Post#37 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:51 am

So glad the Keg End is back! But... for those of us that collect things, my bank is damn full up! Any plans on one more (just oooooooone little extra full tab) bank tab? Give us players something to spend that gold on now that rr respec is free (thanks a ton btw for that).
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

JarlBerzirk

Post#38 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:48 am

Thanks for all the hard work devs!

Ads
agemennon675

Post#39 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:11 am

Isnt it a better idea to split ranked based on gear Tok unlocks, like invader and above in one bracket+vanq and below in another ?
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Cimba

Post#40 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:04 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:21 pm Note: We have now switched from Season 1 to Preseason 2, which has reset the MMRs back to 1500, it will update for you after playing your first game.
Will there be another reset once the season starts or is this it?