Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Teefz

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#311 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:14 pm

Spoiler:
GamesBond wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:44 pm
I'll go ahead and reply from my perspective, since I believe whatever Wargrimnir will reply with, you will remain unpleased and with personal issues with him, even though this shouldn't be personal at all.

There is a balance team, which includes around 7 staff members, from different departments. A proposal based on multiple threads, opinions and thoughts gets prepared, then the balance team discusses it for weeks. In fact, since the rSH patch, the related balance channel was extremely active, every hour, for days. Does the whole proposal need to adhere to your own vision of rSH? No. But your feedback, and other players' feedback help in shaping changes in the near future - as you know this won't be the final patch related to rSH abilities getting adjusted.

Wargrimnir is part of the balance team and multiple other teams. Does his opinion/feedback always get implemented? No, just like any other staff member. There are multiple thoughts and opinions, just like any other team and community in the world. Some opinions will be implemented while others won't - and we don't get upset from one another for that. We understand that a final decision will have to be taken. We understand that changes can be tested.
I'll go further and let you know that Wargrimnir was completely against shards dropping from players, yet they were implemented. He had another idea for SoR, yet it wasn't added. He had another thought of Chosen, yet it wasn't implemented, another one was. He was in favor of more rewards for Twitch Drops and in favor of a more attractive, reshaped and more rewarding Ranked system.

There are more than 20 channels Wargrimnir is part of, if you think he's to be blamed for everything you dislike then I have bad news for you, you were misleading yourself for some time. There are several teams within the larger RoR team, they surely could involve the same staff members, if there's a relation to their own field/expertise.

You're a veteran player, and I assume you're mature enough to understand that this is a game developed and maintained by people on their free time, even if it took away their weekends.
You don't know us personally, you don't know Wargrimnir, Max, Dalen, Secrets and other staff members on a personal level. You don't know what they work in real life and for how many hours. But you still chose to openly attempt to bash someone on a personal level.

You don't know what each staff member works on here, and where/how much do they help. You just know what you read on the forums, and you'll never read "Hi, I'm X from the staff and I did A, B and C for you guys."

I would discuss the way you turned toxic and while being in testers channel, you asked devs to test things by themselves, while they trusted you to be mature and professional. But I guess you were just filled with anger. It happens.

To finalize, I would like to ask you to not drag this thread into a discussion that shouldn't have even happened here. Please feel free to contact anyone from the team on the forums or on Discord.

Again, I ask everyone posting after this post to please stick to the thread's original topic. The team is always available on Discord to discuss other critical matters, we will also have Q&As where we'd love to answer questions that you think are critical, over voice chat, in front of hundreds of people.
To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes.

I have given my feedback and I respect the wish to not completely derail the patch notes, so I won't post again.

Ads
Orontes

Post#312 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:23 pm

Big Shootin question:

Big Shootin has lost its finisher. "Finish Em Off" was moved out of the mastery line. I had understood the mastery to be long range burst damage. With an instant cast strong hitting finisher gone now, what is the role/focus for the mastery line in the Devs minds?

WarHawK

Post#313 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:43 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:44 pm ...

If you only give provocative answers like Wagrimmir, you shouldn't be surprised if something comes back from the community. He always does it publicly and not by pm ..

In my opinion, teefz was 100 percent right with what he wrote..
knick wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:38 pm Funny that it is now a problem. Never read something from you on last patches but now while "your" main class gets a rework the admins are evil.
I have read some of the suggestion made by some so called SH "veterans" and it displayed perfekt the problem between own wishes and game reality.
Nobody like it when the own class gets a nerve. But when player decide there own class we would have a endless upward spiral of buffs. Always a bit more...
Admins are in a uncomfortable position. I don't know one of the balancing team. In a perfect world it consist of 12 people all maining one of the classes.
And about wargrimnir. As far as I can see he does a good job. You bring her some accusations which on weight heavy. Unfortunately without deeper explanation. And I can say this all about the balancing team even as a WL main player seen how many nerve to my own class? 5? 6?
Grow up.
and how often was the WL and his pet buffed beforehand? 20 times?

Maybe you should think about it yourself before you write something and not suggest to others to grow up ..(keyword game reality)

CeeJay89

Post#314 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:18 pm

WarHawK wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:43 pm
GamesBond wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:44 pm ...

If you only give provocative answers like Wagrimmir, you shouldn't be surprised if something comes back from the community. He always does it publicly and not by pm ..

In my opinion, teefz was 100 percent right with what he wrote..
knick wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:38 pm Funny that it is now a problem. Never read something from you on last patches but now while "your" main class gets a rework the admins are evil.
I have read some of the suggestion made by some so called SH "veterans" and it displayed perfekt the problem between own wishes and game reality.
Nobody like it when the own class gets a nerve. But when player decide there own class we would have a endless upward spiral of buffs. Always a bit more...
Admins are in a uncomfortable position. I don't know one of the balancing team. In a perfect world it consist of 12 people all maining one of the classes.
And about wargrimnir. As far as I can see he does a good job. You bring her some accusations which on weight heavy. Unfortunately without deeper explanation. And I can say this all about the balancing team even as a WL main player seen how many nerve to my own class? 5? 6?
Grow up.
and how often was the WL and his pet buffed beforehand? 20 times?

Maybe you should think about it yourself before you write something and not suggest to others to grow up ..(keyword game reality)
I'm pretty sure WL hasn't received 20 buffs. He was overtuned during the infamous Guardian WL period (which mSH resembles now, except now even better and more viable), and then was completely reworked by a dev no longer on the team, and then was reverted to base, live state.

Following that, outside of bug fixes and pet tweaks, WL has been mostly nerfed outside of their AoE spec, which is decent/balanced at best.

anarchypark

Post#315 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:58 pm

oh **** i finally finished 31 pages and you know what? only a handful of feedback was data worth reading.
rest were less than 2 days whining.

specially those pocket healer veteran SH.
Teefz wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:14 pm ...
Jurki wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:57 pm ...
you were so accustomed to your own old build and style.
nobody care how long you played old build. it's gone, changed.
putting new skills into old style is ofc not working.
same error from old SW players.
rotation and timings all new. are u sure u learned it perfectly?

i bet you can tell by eyes if target is in 100ft or not, knows how long you need to run out of chase to turn back.
how about 65ft, you learned it already?

it took me more than 2 weeks to get used to 65ft in various scales.
and i was practicing it alone in orvr, fort and city.
no doubt you can learn it faster with pocket healers
but in 2 days? that's not even test.

i see a lot of old SW gone.
today on forum destro says SW got dmg buff, asking same thing for SH.
guess new SW adapted while olds gone.

i'm still testing engie. no time for SH now.
what use of veteran when they quit like newbie.
go test more plz.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

dalen
Developer

Post#316 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:16 pm

Specialpatrol wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:48 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:50 am
Bug Fixes

- The icon of Vigilance is changed to so it isn't the same as the icon for guard.
This is just hilarious. Replacing a Shield icon with another shield icon. Great change. Whatever happened to Secrets' statement that Vigilance would likely be reverted, due to the sound arguments against making it require shield? I'm guessing it just got swept under the rug, because hey - icon graphics should be taken literal.

FYI, several of the Hold the Line ability icons are not portraying shields. Does that mean they should be usable without shields? At the same time all Guard abilities have shield icons, yet don't necessarily require shield. Totally confusing. Maybe you should look in to those glaring issues in your pursuit of this brilliant strategy.

Here's a mind-boggler. The original Vigilance was basically a short-term self-imposed guard effect, yes? Maybe - just maybe - that is why it used the same icon as Guard. Whaddaya think?
This change had nothing to do with the changes to the Vigilance skill (and that's still being discussed btw, not swept under the rug).

Having different icons for these two different skills had actually been requested by players long before, and now it got fixed.
Source Developer

Crumbs

Post#317 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:22 pm

I gave up making balance proposals over a year ago. Devs don't care whether you're a vet with over 10k+ hours of experience on the one class in every situation.

Eg it was over a year ago I made a balance proposal for engi/magus, it well perfectly thought out, structured and reason, spent a lot of time writing it so that it would at least be considered and get some gears turning. In no way was it some huge self buff or a change to make the classes come out on top of everyone.

The only response I got was "there's no changes coming to engi/magus " from wargrminir aka "**** off", thread was locked or deleted and since then I could honestly care less what they do with balance. Since then they've made their own changes to the classes.

They do it their own way and not with the help of the masters of each class, so then they have to deal with the backlash of people who don't like the changes, because in a way they are only turning over ideas in their small little group before implementation. Then they are upset over the backlash... Is what it is, idc anymore.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Tosher85

Post#318 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:50 pm

I wonder why noone is talking about HTL changes? I've been testing it for 2 days. This is a HUGE nerf for everyone. Not only tanks, but all the group due to tank getting so much dmg while moveing, so tanks die > healers die > dps die. And there is no way u can get alot of Dodge/Disrupt. So the only way u can consider it as a buff is when everyone standing in front of each other, that is happening only in Sieges before push.
P.S. Guard dmg mitigation goes from block/parry + dodge/disrupt(from my pov its an unnecessary change that leads to a tank to be less defencive due to a limit of RR points u can have).Tank becoming a hostage of snb and loosing some utility in every part of the game except Ranked SC.
These are my observations. U dont need to trust me. U can test it by yourself and compare to the way it was. Ask some knowlegable community members and tryhards.
P.P.S. Squig needs some AoE ability to spam(there is nothing at the moment).

Yours faithfully, Shooga.

Ads
TreefAM

Post#319 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:57 am

The HTL change indeed is weird and unnecessary and makes kiting blobs a nightmare since instead if just using htl while running away you now have to do weird strafing.
That said, tanks should honestly stick to snb outside of scs, because unless you are a single 2h knight or bg in your wb, your 2h spec doesn't offer much in larger organized play.

cynicprophet

Post#320 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:34 pm

Tosher85 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:50 pm I wonder why noone is talking about HTL changes? I've been testing it for 2 days. This is a HUGE nerf for everyone. Not only tanks, but all the group due to tank getting so much dmg while moveing, so tanks die > healers die > dps die. And there is no way u can get alot of Dodge/Disrupt. So the only way u can consider it as a buff is when everyone standing in front of each other, that is happening only in Sieges before push.
P.S. Guard dmg mitigation goes from block/parry + dodge/disrupt(from my pov its an unnecessary change that leads to a tank to be less defencive due to a limit of RR points u can have).Tank becoming a hostage of snb and loosing some utility in every part of the game except Ranked SC.
These are my observations. U dont need to trust me. U can test it by yourself and compare to the way it was. Ask some knowlegable community members and tryhards.
P.P.S. Squig needs some AoE ability to spam(there is nothing at the moment).

Yours faithfully, Shooga.
%100 what he said. HTL changes and guard damage ( dodge distrupt changes ) needs to be reverted back.