Ads

Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Omegus

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#191 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:48 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:17 pmI love the foreshadowing going on :D

Maybe Pounce at 65' is way too much mobility.
Grunbag wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:29 pmWe can definitely think about reducing squig leap and pounce range if it’s the main issue you encounter :)
I mean, it won't make me log in the squig (100ft mobile AOE please) but my Zealot will love you forever if that gets toned down...
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Specialpatrol

Post#192 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:48 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:50 am
Bug Fixes

- The icon of Vigilance is changed to so it isn't the same as the icon for guard.
This is just hilarious. Replacing a Shield icon with another shield icon. Great change. Whatever happened to Secrets' statement that Vigilance would likely be reverted, due to the sound arguments against making it require shield? I'm guessing it just got swept under the rug, because hey - icon graphics should be taken literal.

FYI, several of the Hold the Line ability icons are not portraying shields. Does that mean they should be usable without shields? At the same time all Guard abilities have shield icons, yet don't necessarily require shield. Totally confusing. Maybe you should look in to those glaring issues in your pursuit of this brilliant strategy.

Here's a mind-boggler. The original Vigilance was basically a short-term self-imposed guard effect, yes? Maybe - just maybe - that is why it used the same icon as Guard. Whaddaya think?
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

Jurki

Post#193 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:50 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:49 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:54 pm
catholicism198 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:49 pm
Short range and mobility... but the point of tactics is to meant to let you make up for their shortcomings and customize the mastery/class to suite your play style. Other classes were given the same tactic for the same reason.

Using your logic, “all by meself “ shouldn’t exist because the squig is meant to be a pet class.

If mythic didn’t want you to be able to customize your play style, then they wouldn’t have let you invest in multiple mastery paths.
..and you can’t stay “this isn’t live” because you’ve all said “this is what it was like on live” before.

By that logic Throwing arm and Daemonic reach should also be removed from the game since they buff the range of mid-range tree.
Not to mention that short range for Squig Herder is bouncing tree, not quick shooting.
Maybe Loner and ABM shouldn't exist at all. I could see an argument against both of them for sure. I've made arguments against giving Engi/Magus a loner spec already.
Maybe Throwing Arm and Daemonic Reach shouldn't exist either. I could see an argument against both of them as well. Both paths reference short range attacks, and they're clearly not that short. They're also AOE specs, which have bonus range due to radius as well, which means a 98' grenade that explodes in a 20' radius is getting closer to 120' which ranged classes without a bonus range tactic wouldn't be able to hit at all.
Maybe we will end up taking a pass at Magus/Engi in the future, and the same discussions we've had with SH/SW will end up in the same results. Can't really expect us to do everything all at once, particularly when a single class takes quite a bit of time to setup properly.

Of course, there are options to increase your range as both rSH and rSW, whether that's through gear options for +10 range bonuses, or your stance/pet that provides a 10% range bonus. Combined you should be around 80' of range, if that's the playstyle you really need to feel safe. But perhaps, you shouldn't feel safe at all.
Ok.... What? The comment you quoted was a good example for the misconception we can see here. A database developer texted that statement about the 100ft range and how this is supposed to be short range, completely ignoring the fact, that you needed a tactic slot to actually get to 100ft (98ft in reality) because that quick shootin path is not viable to play without it, leaving the class with only a narrow opportunity of playstiles, still lacking dps wise in comparison to other dps classes without needing crucial changes. It was the reason for the sh changes and because the removed range effect of SWDW without granting it otherwise beside the 10% of the gas squig and not up to date equipment choice, hence limiting the SH performance once again, we still have that issue now. I really dont get the point how referring to the engi/magus helps to improve issues which are caused by this update regarding the overall performance of the SH. It happened of what i was concerned about that improving only meant to buff the stationary big shootin variant and even that caused some issues. I already explained how effective kiting is not possible on mid range which is close range in only a second. A range dps should not be supposed to be in a danger zone constantly. Melees already had opportunities to effectively close gaps to a SH. Engis with a time to kill like in an ego shooter already had it and other rdps too.

And i think youre right in saying that we cant expect you to do everything at once. But I can only repeat what i was already saying: The feedback of your community is extremly rich on constructive information for you. A video game is a complex system its highly advised to take careful steps and to stay in communication and adjust, adjust and adjust. Passive aggressive answers are not part of that.
Besides that, I really advise you, RoR team, to think again about the reduced range and how it effects the very nature of that class, which only needed a few tweaks to be just a bit more viable. I am playing the SH for a bit more than 8 years I think, so trust me when I say that I really want to help you guys out on that topic. Nothing wrong in having a bad start with something or to need a bit more time to improve stuff.
Last edited by Jurki on Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omegus

Post#194 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:51 pm

Specialpatrol wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:48 pmHere's a mind-boggler. The original Vigilance was basically a short-term self-imposed guard effect, yes? Maybe - just maybe - that is why it used the same icon as Guard. Whaddaya think?
Or maybe Mythic forgot to give it a unique icon like all other abilities that generally have unique icons, although often they are similar. IIRC there's a Zealot skill with a duplicated icon too.

Jesus of all the things to get upset about in this patch you chose to rant about an icon change.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

ztil

Post#195 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:00 pm

Omegus wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:51 pm Jesus of all the things to get upset about in this patch you chose to rant about an icon change.
Imagine if the worst part of this squig herder change was that the Stop Runnin icon has been replaced by just another icon with an arrow through a foot. :lol:
[P&P] Ztil - Squig Herder
[P&P] Zlurp - Shaman

[P&P] Zinista - Shadow Warrior

Sarnai

Post#196 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:02 pm

Most of this thread is rSH talk, which I don't play so won't comment on (they've killed plenty before, they'll keep killing me now I'm sure) but love the experimental change to SoR. Hoping it will lead to some fun surprise battles in the lakes and increased scouting/communication by both realms.

I've always said if you're bored and looking for action, just spawn and ram and go. Win or lose you'll get a fight.
WH looking for gunbad left

Orontes

Post#197 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:09 pm

Grunbag wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:06 pm
Orontes wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:56 pm On Engi/magus pets: this change was noted for turrets: "- Fixed an issue which would cause your turrent to not visually move when using Redeploy." Magi pets have the same bug. This should be addressed as well.

The Pink Daemon and Machine Gun turret are the two most commonly used pets for both classes, but neither was given any AOE damage reduction help. This is a mistake. They also should have similar protection against AOE, otherwise magi and engi will continue to have to redeploy over and over, and over. The new pet heal ability is appreciated, but the core issue remains. One has to be healing their pet all the time from AOE and given the 10 second cool down on the heal, it's not uncommon for the pet to die and the whole process of building up one's damage starts anew.

Initial Thoughts on SH reworks:

-Squig Frenzy: squigs do generally around 20% of the toon's damage output (ideally). A 25% damage increase to 20% of damage is not impressive or really noteworthy. Compare this with SWs Vengeance ability that is a flat 25% damage increase to all damage. I think every single SH proposal addressed Squig Frenzy and all suggested a 50% damage increase. I think this would make the ability impactful and not irrelevant damage.

-The tactic "Da smell doesn't bother me" was not changed, despite the fact Devs in the past recognized this 120 heal every 5 seconds is nothing. I suggest this be addressed and increased.

On Pets:

Horned Squig: Can the tool tip in game be more clear on how much the target's armor is reduced. When checking in game it says '24'. What does that mean?

Per Big Shootin:

I don't understand why Finish Em Off was moved to Quick Shootin (so one mastery line now has two finishers and Big Shootin lost its distinctive finisher). This severely damages the Big Shootin mastery's killing ability by undercutting it's burst.

The new 13 Pt. Explodin’ Arrer doesn't seem like it warrants the 13pt level. It's damage is poor and the punt changes the focus of the tree from dealing burst to something else. That something else is being annoying during sieges? I suggest removing the punt and increasing the damage. Better still bring Finish Em Off back to the 13 pt. Big Shootin mastery.

Per Big Bouncin:

Sneaky Git : This tactic now increase your defenses while you are in Squig Armor. When in game before a reboot, this is a 10% increase to defensive abilities: dodge, parry etc.
This includes an increase in armor as Sneaky Strike used to? It's not clear.

Other SH changes need to be tested.
I’ll try to fix Head Butt / Shred tooltip but values are the same as What blocka?

About sneaky git , it’s the same tactic as before (parry / disrupt / dodge buff) , but doesn’t trigger on using sneaky strikes anymore but it’s 100% uptime while in squig armor . No it doesn’t increase armor , sneaky strikes was an ability created to give an armor buff if you pet died and you had to wait to summon it again to have the armor buff again. But now as armor buff can’t be removed , this buff wasn’t necessary anymore .
Thank you for the reply and explanation. Thank you also of the time you put into all the classes.

If Head Butt is the same as What Blocka, that is a welcome change. I understand about Sneaky Strike.

I will test some of the changes are report back. Again, all your work is appreciated.

Nolic1

Post#198 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:22 pm

So all the changes sound good to me but I found one big problem this patch and that is the extreme amount of EXP you get from doing PQ's now its crazy. I was just starting to really enjoy the game from learning my class and skills with the way I was leveling to this speed leveling stuff is not fun if you could look into it that would be great until then I will just take a break from the game.

Ads
catholicism198

Post#199 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:24 pm

I don't see why it would have been necessary to remove it at all. It's not as if the skill was oped or broke the theme of the mastery.
Shoot thru ya was the only* ae spammable that ranged squigs (or greenskins) had. Unfortunately, all range squigs are now pigeonholed into ST specs.

All the negatives aside, changing the icons and reverting the name of "Bad gas!" are welcomed changes. "Tastes like stuntie" could also use one....

*Not counting the splintering tactic, which was also removed.

catholicism198

Post#200 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:26 pm

Grunbag wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:29 pm
Omegus wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:13 pm
Grunbag wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:39 pmYes if you were expecting a long range aoe mobile spec that’s not what we wanted .
Instead we now have another attempt at a "mid-range" ranged spec which historically don't work because 65ft range is an awkward range: too short to participate in sieges (attacking or defending), too short to kite anything with a speed buff in its pocket, puts you in Pounce/Squig Leap range which is pretty much instant death, etc. A kite spec that doesn't have the range to kite. There's a reason why the "65ft" specs come with range buffs...
We can definitely think about reducing squig leap and pounce range if it’s the main issue you encounter :)
Reduce it to 5ft max with a 4 ft minimum.