Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Oglaf
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 11/11/2020

Post#81 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:24 am

sogeou wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:19 am
Oglaf wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:15 am

... and Slayers still have exclusive access to Rampage to give order the capability to break through, offensively AND defensively, in fort/keep fights that Destro lacks.

Not wanting to turn this thread into something else, but yeah - there's that.
Rampage is NOT that good at all. I would get rid of it if Choppa pull was removed. Destro just will cry about anything. If getting hit by 2-3 moves kills your tanks, who the slayer is hitting for 300-400 is your problem. Something is wrong with you.
Rampage is NOT good? It is an ability that invalidates an entire career archetype (tanks) - and it isn't even a top ability in the spec tree!

I'd gladly trade it for the Choppa pull - that thing probably contributes nearly as much when it comes to Destruction losing in forts. :lol:

Ads
zij83

Post#82 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:28 am

Wam wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:01 am
zij83 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:48 pm
Wam wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:41 pm but i understand how destro take things on face value and don't really understand the tweaks and the bigger picture.
This seems very disrespectful to an entire realm full of people on the server.
Lets see knee jerk emotional over reaction? check

Perception is the issue here, not reality... the change hardly effects large scale, and can be slightly classed as a nerf more than a buff depending how co-ordinated you are... its not going to stop engi's spamming mines (but probably without the tactic) and giving free immunities out anyways because that is what they do, just like black orks run up to people and start with a aoe knockback despite being a melee class :roll:

In forts, engis above would need to be right on the edge now and target who they want to debuff, and this opens up the risk of them being knocked off or counter destroyed by rdps or the new influx of people landing on the top of fort and working their way down... previously with mines they could just put them through the chokes from safety of lord room and more than likely would hit bunch of healer stacks if you know where healers usually position.

Destro see changes for x y z order class, think they are all positive and game breaking... when its pretty minor and probably QQ where are RSH changes inc?

So if anything it gives more counter player in regards to forts because engi's need to be more at risk to use instead of sneaky. In open field its a bonus to order (means they wont have to give free immunities) but if randoms around they will give free immunities regardless, so its perhaps better in cities if you don't have noobs spamming CC for the sake of it (SM's, IB'S, Borks, Engi/Magi in particular 8-) )

Mara still has insane whispers, different strengths and weaknesses. Both skills pre existed before this, just how order will use in future is changed and requires a target so pulling it off is harder, especially if terrain (fort wall) is blocking line of sight. so on first glance to those without experience of it prior will think omg this is buffed when in reality it is just changed and requires more effort from engi (instead of fire and forget ability)
I have no idea what any of this has to do with the fact that you were disrespectful of people just trying to play a game.

zij83

Post#83 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:30 am

Oglaf wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:24 am

... and Slayers still have exclusive access to Rampage to give order the capability to break through, offensively AND defensively, in fort/keep fights that Destro lacks.

Rampage is NOT that good at all. I would get rid of it if Choppa pull was removed. Destro just will cry about anything. If getting hit by 2-3 moves kills your tanks, who the slayer is hitting for 300-400 is your problem. Something is wrong with you.
Rampage is NOT good? It is an ability that invalidates an entire career archetype (tanks) - and it isn't even a top ability in the spec tree!

I'd gladly trade it for the Choppa pull - that thing probably contributes nearly as much when it comes to Destruction losing in forts. :lol:
Not to mention to add insult the injury GTDC was made defendable a few patches ago lol.

Onigokko0101

Post#84 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:11 am

lol what?

Talk to literally any good player, Rampage is one of the strongest if not the strongest ability in the game. Are you high or something?
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Wam

Post#85 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:46 am

zij83 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:28 am
zij83 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:48 pm

This seems very disrespectful to an entire realm full of people on the server.

Perception is the issue here, not reality... the change hardly effects large scale, and can be slightly classed as a nerf more than a buff depending how co-ordinated you are... its not going to stop engi's spamming mines (but probably without the tactic) and giving free immunities out anyways because that is what they do, just like black orks run up to people and start with a aoe knockback despite being a melee class :roll:

In forts, engis above would need to be right on the edge now and target who they want to debuff, and this opens up the risk of them being knocked off or counter destroyed by rdps or the new influx of people landing on the top of fort and working their way down... previously with mines they could just put them through the chokes from safety of lord room and more than likely would hit bunch of healer stacks if you know where healers usually position.

Destro see changes for x y z order class, think they are all positive and game breaking... when its pretty minor and probably QQ where are RSH changes inc?

So if anything it gives more counter player in regards to forts because engi's need to be more at risk to use instead of sneaky. In open field its a bonus to order (means they wont have to give free immunities) but if randoms around they will give free immunities regardless, so its perhaps better in cities if you don't have noobs spamming CC for the sake of it (SM's, IB'S, Borks, Engi/Magi in particular 8-) )

Mara still has insane whispers, different strengths and weaknesses. Both skills pre existed before this, just how order will use in future is changed and requires a target so pulling it off is harder, especially if terrain (fort wall) is blocking line of sight. so on first glance to those without experience of it prior will think omg this is buffed when in reality it is just changed and requires more effort from engi (instead of fire and forget ability)
I have no idea what any of this has to do with the fact that you were disrespectful of people just trying to play a game.
Spoiler:

I call a spade a spade and im not personally disrespectful to anyone. I am not a fan of false narrative pushing, I simply do not always sugar coat things, or kissing A. Call me cynical from the years of whining by pugs in region chat on both sides if you want thats your choice 8-) Just pointing out why this change is not as OP as some think in current flavour of the month agenda to support the arguement dev's have a bias against destro ... dev's make changes things progress, sometimes one step backward two step forward. They don't have a bias to either side, sometimes they overlook things, sometimes they get their wires crossed and not implement changes on other people's time clock, but for a group of volunteers they do a pretty good job overall if you look at where they started and where they are now, and also even in comparision to recent supported games or mmo's they still do a better job in many cases despite lack of resources and time for free... can't really ask for more than that and on top of that they generally have to filter through 10 pages of forum to find one good idea inside the usual topics they get repeated over and over from both sides for years. Content as improved, reliability improved, population, and real faction balance is near the middle, theres a few more things they could do, bearing in mind a game without mirrors and many variables in skill level/gear/teamplay/numbers is very difficult to balance in the first place.

Previously you could put a mine near where you think a pool of healers are stacked as they push in... healers would need to cleanse / group healing this would be terrible (not end of world if m4 rotations from tanks for reduced dmg are on point, unless they got morale bombed hard on top of this (but with morale bomb nerf its not what it once was).. the mine is almost guranteed to trigger and hit those all around and thus debuffed...

Now engi needs a target and line of sight, and more likely it will be dodged (if healers behind tanks with hold the line), even if it has the range and line of sight... if healers hug the wall like wargrim mentioned very unlikely to be hit due to the angle unless you have people with bad positioning standing near you so you get hit by the 20" radius. So I could argue its a hard nerf (if i was blindly order biased) but in open field and city type fights its potential as increased, so its not a direct hard nerf or buff just a change.

Also rampage is one of most over rated skills in game... its not what causes slayer to do dmg, infact it takes away slayer damage, slayer relies on its DOT's/Proc's and full fury... rampage removes fury so you hit accurate(which annoys tanks) but you also hit like a wet noodle for too long a period of time, and if you use the fury tactic against anyone whose decent they will blow you up so its a bad tactic to run generally speaking against organised opposition with proper damage dealers.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

oaliaen

Post#86 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:09 am

Rampage is a exhaust. OK
Use it on yellow and get 20 seconds to bypass any parry/block. OK
6 seconds to reach yellow again. OK
14 seconds spamming Flurry/ID(5 sec cd) + Shatter Limbs bypassing any parry/block . OK

Nooo, its just overrated skill... lol

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#87 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:13 am

Rampage is fine. Kill the midget.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

zulnam

Post#88 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:21 am

Patch on Wednesday, i feel spoiled.

Nice job with the class headers in the main post. Looks proper!
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
zij83

Post#89 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:23 am

Wam wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:46 am
zij83 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:28 am

Spoiler:

I call a spade a spade and im not personally disrespectful to anyone. I am not a fan of false narrative pushing, I simply do not always sugar coat things, or kissing A. Call me cynical from the years of whining by pugs in region chat on both sides if you want thats your choice 8-) Just pointing out why this change is not as OP as some think in current flavour of the month agenda to support the arguement dev's have a bias against destro ... dev's make changes things progress, sometimes one step backward two step forward. They don't have a bias to either side, sometimes they overlook things, sometimes they get their wires crossed and not implement changes on other people's time clock, but for a group of volunteers they do a pretty good job overall if you look at where they started and where they are now, and also even in comparision to recent supported games or mmo's they still do a better job in many cases despite lack of resources and time for free... can't really ask for more than that and on top of that they generally have to filter through 10 pages of forum to find one good idea inside the usual topics they get repeated over and over from both sides for years. Content as improved, reliability improved, population, and real faction balance is near the middle, theres a few more things they could do, bearing in mind a game without mirrors and many variables in skill level/gear/teamplay/numbers is very difficult to balance in the first place.

Previously you could put a mine near where you think a pool of healers are stacked as they push in... healers would need to cleanse / group healing this would be terrible (not end of world if m4 rotations from tanks for reduced dmg are on point, unless they got morale bombed hard on top of this (but with morale bomb nerf its not what it once was).. the mine is almost guranteed to trigger and hit those all around and thus debuffed...

Now engi needs a target and line of sight, and more likely it will be dodged (if healers behind tanks with hold the line), even if it has the range and line of sight... if healers hug the wall like wargrim mentioned very unlikely to be hit due to the angle unless you have people with bad positioning standing near you so you get hit by the 20" radius. So I could argue its a hard nerf (if i was blindly order biased) but in open field and city type fights its potential as increased, so its not a direct hard nerf or buff just a change.

Also rampage is one of most over rated skills in game... its not what causes slayer to do dmg, infact it takes away slayer damage, slayer relies on its DOT's/Proc's and full fury... rampage removes fury so you hit accurate(which annoys tanks) but you also hit like a wet noodle for too long a period of time, and if you use the fury tactic against anyone whose decent they will blow you up so its a bad tactic to run generally speaking against organised opposition with proper damage dealers.
Spoiler:

Ysaran

Post#90 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:12 am

oaliaen wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:09 am Rampage is a exhaust. OK
Use it on yellow and get 20 seconds to bypass any parry/block. OK
6 seconds to reach yellow again. OK
14 seconds spamming Flurry/ID(5 sec cd) + Shatter Limbs bypassing any parry/block . OK

Nooo, its just overrated skill... lol
I would have never thought that i would say this, but... I think that Rampage is mostly fine. Your attack are undefendable? who cares! The only that defend attacks are tanks, and you don't care about them. Any good Slayer will says that the real edge of slayer over choppa is ID because of the incredible synergies that it has with others Salyer's tactic/skills. The only problem with Rampage is that tanks can't parry/block damage generated by Rampaging Slayers.
Also, in small scale every good tank has Rampage on buffhead and will insta shatter it and completly gimp slayer's damage for 20s

P.S. this doesn't mean that there isn't a Slayer/Choppa issue, it's just that Rampage is not part of it

P.P.S with this I'm not saying that Rampage isn't a strong skill, I just mean that it isn't so OP as many think
Last edited by Ysaran on Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zputadenti