Ads

Patch Notes 23/10/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
dalen
Developer

Re: Patch Notes 23/10/2020

Post#201 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:15 pm

Secrets wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:08 pm Also since Guardian from 2018 was reverted, we did the following:
-Mirrored the 5s IB morale root to both Mara/WL (a nerf)
-Cleave Limb from 10s duration -> 5s duration and 5s cooldown to 10s cooldown to match all other mDPS except melee squig herder, who had a clone of Cleave Limb until rather recently. (another nerf)
-We nerfed Pounce to not have a landing damage amount (a nerf to WL burst)
-We nerfed Throat Bite to no longer deal damage (a nerf to WL's burst)
-Flanking no longer affects proc damage
-Lion pets deal less damage at range when they are too far away from their owner's location.
-Lion pets can no longer attack those on walls unless you are on defense attacking those below.

These are all factual changes that can be attributed to changes since 2018 by our developers, past and present.
The amount of wounds from items on the WL pets have also been reduced, so forgot one nerf in that list.
Source Developer

Ads
KissShot

Post#202 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:43 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:10 pm
KissShot wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:43 pm
Secrets wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:39 pm

I raise you one Pigeon dating sim.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/2 ... lete_Pack/
Dang, on sale and it has a bundle for all the DLCs. Let's split from this project and make a green Pigeon dating sim. Final boy is tsundere Wargrimnir. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/471329917249608468/
I will burn this coop to the ground, so help me.

Let me know what feedback you have, will make discord group soon!

Zadorck

Post#203 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:02 pm

Secrets wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:08 pm
Abe wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:34 pm
Secrets wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:22 pm

rSH didn't get a nerf at all this patch lol. If you bothered reading the patch, you'd see they have a huge buff in pet damage.

Reading comprehension seems to be difficult for a lot of folks, so I will give you a pass on this one.
Does this mean that the white lion also got a "huge buff" in pet damage, asking for a friend heh
With the way the patch note is worded, this means that any pet class (Engineer, Magus, WL, SH) have received their critical chance back on pets, and in the case of engineer / magus, now have more defensive options for their pets, and in the case of engineer, have stats that were straight up missing before on their pets that are present as they should be.

So I mean, take that how you will - but yes, in terms of pet damage, independent of faction, they're all back where they were prior to a month or two ago.

I know you want to twist this as "hey lol dev is boosting their own class and nerfing others", but I stand by the fact that since I came back after Torque quit and Guardian was reverted, there has been one WL net buff - which wasn't even done by me.

The pet change in question was implemented with Torque's Guardian WL changes but never reverted, and applied to all melee-based pets.

The change was done by Peterthepan / Dansaren who insisted that WL needs to have better AOE, and Wargrimnir/Torquemadra compromised with them on a change that would grant them AOE effectiveness without fundamentally altering the class's design - the 50% armor pen on Whirling Axe / Slashing Blade.

Since then, I took over WL's design and ultimately remained adamant on refusing to increase WL's damage - it was ridiculously powerful, and I received pressure to nerf Coordinated Strike, which I did - by 25%, as the class was too bursty when you consider you can Pounce -> Autoattack -> Knockdown -> CS hitting in the same global cooldown. So we used DoTs power increases instead, for Blindside (a largely useless DoT before the change) and Shattering Blow (even worse of a DoT as it doesn't do primary attack damage) to fill in the gap from 25% coordinated strike being gone.

Also since Guardian from 2018 was reverted, we did the following:
-Mirrored the 5s IB morale root to both Mara/WL (a nerf)
-Cleave Limb from 10s duration -> 5s duration and 5s cooldown to 10s cooldown to match all other mDPS except melee squig herder, who had a clone of Cleave Limb until rather recently. (another nerf)
-We nerfed Pounce to not have a landing damage amount (a nerf to WL burst)
-We nerfed Throat Bite to no longer deal damage (a nerf to WL's burst)
-Flanking no longer affects proc damage
-Lion pets deal less damage at range when they are too far away from their owner's location.
-Lion pets can no longer attack those on walls unless you are on defense attacking those below.

These are all factual changes that can be attributed to changes since 2018 by our developers, past and present.

Not even going to mention the countless Marauder buffs we did over the last year. Some of which we went overboard and tuned back, as we would with any other class change that is out of line.

These changes allowed us to refine which method has the best impact for our players both short term and long term, and allowed us to prioritize development outside of balance while keeping a roadmap in mind of what to tackle next.

Every time I see patch notes threads like these, it pains me because you and I are playing the same game. I know *exactly* what it is like to have your favorite class nerfed. But also know that everything in life, including these changes, are temporary and subject to changes, removal, or improvements.
Indeed, a few years ago the wl were op, and as a war player since 2008, when I played on this server and saw you play wl without changing anything for a while, it revolted me but right now, I can see the changes and I thank you for the efforts made, thank you for this patch, keep going like this, you are doing great !

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#204 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:05 pm

Kenshiken wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:40 pm I mean you don't have Autoattack with WL or mSH. The only situation when you get one - target is standing completely still. The fact that you can't dismount people now - is sad as hell. Why remove it completely? Just make it do SOME damage, so we can still have some utility with dismounting people. We already taking a risk with that leaps and going frontline - now it's more saddening experience.
Travel time for determining autoattacks after pounce, under 250ms, is calculated instantly *before* landing. So that is false. If you aren't actively trying to attack another player, you won't dismount them.

That being said, I am not opposed to adding a small dismount chance to Pounce.

Cptkud

Post#205 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:19 am

Sundowner wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:19 pm
rillew wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:16 pm If the intention of the pet buff was to accomplish any positive change for MSH, it sincerely failed to do so.

Since the squig pets die indefinitely faster than WL's pet and are pretty much useless in practicality if used in melee range, this ultimately results in MSH being worse off if compared to order counterparts.
mSH already has superior aoe presence due to the higher survivability and utility compared to the WL, can't have everything in one tree
Why are people comparing mSH to WL? They aren't a mirror class. Aren't the SH and SW mirror while the WL and the Mara mirror? So the mSH leap should be the equivalent to the SW leap. In fact, I don't understand why WL have a pounce to begin with, the Mara don't have a pounce do they?

OldSparky

Post#206 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:11 am

Cptkud wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:19 am
rillew wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:16 pm If the intention of the pet buff was to accomplish any positive change for MSH, it sincerely failed to do so.

Since the squig pets die indefinitely faster than WL's pet and are pretty much useless in practicality if used in melee range, this ultimately results in MSH being worse off if compared to order counterparts.
mSH already has superior aoe presence due to the higher survivability and utility compared to the WL, can't have everything in one tree
Why are people comparing mSH to WL? They aren't a mirror class. Aren't the SH and SW mirror while the WL and the Mara mirror? So the mSH leap should be the equivalent to the SW leap. In fact, I don't understand why WL have a pounce to begin with, the Mara don't have a pounce do they?
As a pure technicality, Mara is mechanical mirror of SW (stances) while WL is the mechanical mirror of SH (pet)

Cptkud

Post#207 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:15 am

OldSparky wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:11 am

As a pure technicality, Mara is mechanical mirror of SW (stances) while WL is the mechanical mirror of SH (pet)
So Order has 2 classes with a leap/pounce while Destro has one?

OldSparky

Post#208 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:17 am

Cptkud wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:15 am

SW's "pounce" didn't exist until Assault rework.

Ads
Naelar

Post#209 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:29 am

Three, if you include the SM morale ability.

Cptkud

Post#210 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:06 am

Naelar wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:29 am

Three, if you include the SM morale ability.
LMFAO i forgot about that one!