Post#41 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:51 am

Great patch thank you guys.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Re: Patch Notes 23/09/2020

Post#42 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:26 am

Grock wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:20 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:25 pm [Abilities]

- Looks Like a Challenge: This M4 is now limited to 9 targets just like the Choppa mirror ability "Yer Goin Down!"
Pretty sad about it. Never got a chance to try it because nobody wants 2h slayers in warbands, and if you go dw/aoe spec with it you are literally losing everything just to get m4

And you need AM with pumpts to actually be able to use it, so you sacrifice two spots in a warband just to get this m4 working

Meanwhile Zealot Windblock is nicely situated in AoE tree that can function either as dps or a healer, while also doing 50% more damage. And zealot has self morale pump to top it off.
So you still get useful Zealot, doing usual Zealot things, while getting better m4
They didnt want you to start thinking that playing 2h Slayer might maybe someday could even be close to meta/viable. Enjoy the LoL-spec goodness.

Being an off-spec AoE M4, it should hit 24 cap for both classes. I think it was hard enough to justify and now its even more laughable trying to convince ppl to take you in that loadout.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

kryss

Post#43 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:49 am

Appreciate the shard-medal introduction, a nice alternative way to gear up for those who hate or can't get into cities for their crazy hours.

Speaking about those, I have to say that lately i've been skipping 1 and 2 stars, the pain you have to suffer for bad design-bad matchmaking-boring PvPvE is too much for very little reward chance, even more after the patch (I don't have any real Destro alts, so..). After gearing up 2 chars, I'm happy to be basically done with this unpleasant endgame. But hey, as I said all alternative roads are welcome, so thank devs for these: I hope that enemy dropping invaders and royals shards will be tweaked even more in the future, seems to be the right direction :)

ravezaar

Post#44 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:20 am

And yet Order just won City
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Brickson

Post#45 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:16 am

Some nice and interesting changes. Looking forward to see how theese work out.

One thing I noticed so far: I've got two "Sentinel's Aggression" talismans and I can't stack them. Neither in the bank nor my backpack.
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

juhalanz

Post#46 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:21 am

woooow! thank you for the great work!

Brickson

Post#47 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:08 am

After having read the replies in the "City Rewards change in patch" thread it seems like the shard droprate in rvr is barely noticable and even way too low to even make up for the lower fort and city rewards. That's a real shame and makes this change feel completely pointless :/

If you want to make people participate more in cities you could give out additional crests after each stage for the players like in scenarios (top damage, heal, protection etc.) instead of punishing the losing side. Something like 2 crests if you have more than 18 players and 1 if you are 18 or less, since it's easier to top the charts with lower player numbers and 24vs24 is the way the game mode is intended to be played.
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#48 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:09 am

Brickson wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:08 am the shard droprate in rvr is barely noticable and even way too low
The drop rate and opinion differs between a player and another, their feedback often depends on how many shards they received. Shards weren't meant to be abundant and they won't be.

Some are saying they killed 200+ players with a few shards dropping. They have missed the fact that only rr60+ and rr70+ have a chance to drop shards. Moreover, it's not meant to farm shards and get easy endgame gear currency... It used to take months to even start hoping for endgame gear. I doubt some would go to WoW forums and write "this legendary item isn't dropping enough" or "guilds using LFG/raid finder will not be able to finish the raid" or "I can't win enough ranked when I queue solo". It's the player's responsibility to find ways to increase their win rate.

Ads
Kysaro

Post#49 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:05 pm

Sorry GamesBond, going to have to agree with Brickson here. I get that they weren´t meant to be abundant but from asking around and seeing the droprate, I´m kind of dissapointed tbh.

The droprate is too low imo, I´ve done the math based on playing for 5 hours yesterday (got 1 invader shard) only being in the lakes.

You know how excited I was on discord, but unfortunately came to the conclusion that like this it´s going to take forever to even get 1 crest.

I´ll give it another try today and switch up the playstyle, see if that helps. I´m a sorc btw, so I reckon I should get "okay" drops as ussualy I get most damage in.

Still a good patch like I said earlier. Lets see where we are at in a weeks time in regards to those shards. I´ll update you as I go :) !
Kysana - Sorc

Namatzhima

Post#50 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:23 pm

Idk ppl just cry to much about royals and stuff. We had royal drop only from city and ppl wasnt satisfied. Then we got citys + rvr bags and ppl still wasnt satisfied. And now we got citys (bit less for losing) + rvr bags + drops and ppl still asking for more.
Feels like if you could get full sov in a week you would still cry for not getting it in a first day.