Ads

Patch Notes 26/08/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
phononHYPE

Re: Patch Notes 26/08/2020

Post#91 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:05 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:00 pm Hotfix #1

- The protection value now counts absorb values with armor/resistance mitigation applied to them. This gives a bit more realistic picture of how much damage was actually prevented by the absorb.
Does armor mitigate guard damage? I thought that was a given value.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
Sulorie

Post#92 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:38 pm

When is the change on how deathblows are calculated on scoreboards reverted?
Most damage dealt does not represent DB's.
Aoe DD have a too easy time to gather deathblows, despite not having the last hit.
They get bonus rewards for most dmg and kills, despite others secure kills with ST damage.

Please fix this. :)
Dying is no option.

Akalukz

Post#93 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:03 pm

Are you sure that is how it is calculated?
-= Agony =-

Sulorie

Post#94 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:08 pm

Akalukz wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:03 pm Are you sure that is how it is calculated?
Yes, you don't need the last hit, which is actually the meaning for deathblow, in order to get db credit on scoreboard.
You have to dump enough damage on the target without killing it and someone else finishing it gives you the kill.

It's the same with loot being distributed to the player/group with most damage.
Which is totally fine, nobody likes ppl doing last hits to steal the loot or boss kills but DB on scoreboard has a clear definition, which isn't valid anymore.

This is most notable on fights with plenty heal involved, so aoe classes can gather more damage before eventually a target is killed.
Last edited by Sulorie on Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dying is no option.

Gravord

Post#95 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:10 pm

Grock wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:11 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:00 pm - Iron Breaker uses Oathbound, buffing their oath friends parry by 25%. This causes the oath friend to parry a blow for 200 damage they otherwise would not have parried. The Iron Breaker is awarded 200 protection points.
I just noticed this part, wonder how its calculated?

Effect of Oathbound can vary heavily depending on how much parry the target has, giving 25% flat bonus to someone with 50+ parry is way more effective than to someone with 0 parry
Actually Dalen/Falinsil explained that on my stream today. Defence roll check is taken and accounted if roll was in that added defence value range. As example: If you have 25% parry target and 25% added from ib, defence roll of 26-50 on parry will account it to IB protection. Its nice and fair system. It also works on other defence buffs from other classes.
Last edited by Gravord on Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Akalukz

Post#96 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:13 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:08 pm
Akalukz wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:03 pm Are you sure that is how it is calculated?
Yes, you don't need the last hit, which is actually the meaning for deathblow, in order to get db credit on scoreboard.
You have to dump enough damage on the target without killing it and someone else finishing it gives you the kill.

It's the same with loot being distributed to the player/group with most damage.
Which is totally fine, nobody likes ppl doing last hits to steal the loot or boss kills but DB on scoreboard has a clear definition, which isn't valid anymore.

This is most notable on fights with plenty heal involved, so aoe classes can gather more damage before eventually a target is killed.
Interesting, will have to watch for that. Was always wondering why kill count with enemy didn't always match score board.
-= Agony =-

sixmoons48

Post#97 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:42 pm

wouldnt the intent of the warrior priest changes also include soulfire being changed to require Righteous Fury instead? it deals spirit and builds RF unlike the intent yall had wrote further down the patch, if dok's version is spirit i would assume same would be done to them, but tooltip doesnt specify so i assume its physical

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#98 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:52 pm

sixmoons48 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:42 pm wouldnt the intent of the warrior priest changes also include soulfire being changed to require Righteous Fury instead? it deals spirit and builds RF unlike the intent yall had wrote further down the patch, if dok's version is spirit i would assume same would be done to them, but tooltip doesnt specify so i assume its physical
We discussed Soulfire being included, may have been missed during implementation.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Rydiak

Post#99 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:55 pm

Soulfire cannot be used by all specs (requires a Greatweapon), and due to its nature as a DoT cannot be spammed for damage. This was the design constraint put in place when making the recent RF/SE changes.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Zxul

Post#100 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:41 pm

When considering the recent changes, would it be possible to alter some of the dok/wp abilities weapon requirements?

After the patch, the dok/wp in dps spec has a choice between using dw/2h for higher dmg (and 10% parry / 10% parry/block bypass), or using a chalice/book to keep SE/RF regen up while being kited. The problem is that not only that while using chalice/book dok/wp will still run into SE/RF management problem (reasonable, chalice/book is suppose to help and not to nullify it), but he is also locked out of best abilities of both dps trees, and just as important can't use Fell Sacrifice/Soulfire to regen SE/RF on the run, unlike dw/2h dok/wp.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh