Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 26/08/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Jeliel80

Re: Patch Notes 26/08/2020

Post#41 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:05 pm

What is the rationale on the huge nerf Sovereign 7pc to DoK/WP? (at least leave it at 45...)

First increased damage from combat formula now a proc nerf on healers set, that already scale badly compared to dps ones?

I guess you're onto something...
Last edited by Jeliel80 on Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81
Jelielina - AM 81

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#42 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:07 pm

Rydiak wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:48 pm
Spoiler:
emiliorv wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:46 pm
Rydiak wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:43 pm
Spoiler:
No, I do not agree with you. "Mirror class" doesn't mean "identical class".
you arguing the change (because benefit the class you play) because dok can snare (20% proc chance) and wp dont => well, wp can buff wouns to his grp and DoK dont...how in the hell you dont agree with me that dok need a wounds grp buff or wp lose his one ??
Nice strawman. If you feel the DoK needs access to a wounds buff, please feel free to write a proposal. That is off-topic for this patch notes thread, though.
is not off topic since this patch is giving a new tool to wp (a snare that dont have before) and dont bring the same to his mirror.

phononHYPE

Post#43 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:09 pm

While I really like the Protection idea, it may give false numbers. If an IB gives a 25 parry bonus to a riposte slayer, or WH that pops Rappel Blasphemy, you will have distorted values.

List of throw value changes seems, a bit long, eh?

The city flag timer changes are great, and I like the reasoning put on on WP/DoK; it's good to see the thought process.

Thanks gang, keep up the good work.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Opeteh

Post#44 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:11 pm

Is the Protection system smart enough to calculate it from tactics like Zealot's Warping The Spirit "Each tick of Tzeentch's Cordial has 25% chance to increase terget's armor by 1056 for 10 seconds. Additionaly, 10% less armor will be bypassed when they are attacked." ?

Bobbiom

Post#45 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:11 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:06 pm
Bobbiom wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:53 pm

zumos2 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:26 pm Glad I farmed healing Sov on my DoK for it to be nerfed into the ground.
A nerf for warband gameplay maybe but a buff for smallscale, at least for dok/wp.
How the gear changes are anything else than a hard nerf? There are no positive small scale effects.
Zumos post wasn't about the skill changes.
The RF procs of hots is quite nice.
In smallscale as wp you dont just spam touch of the divine.
You continusly recycle ST hots as they are about to wear off which have a chance to proc the RF regen now.
At least for me hotting is the majority of the rotation for wp/dok imo, untill you need to use hard casts for hard pressure and bursts. Obviuously while you are maintaining your RF with smite, supplication and judgements so you got a decent bank of RF to use.

Some year back I preferred 5p vanq rather than Onslaught in smallscale as wp because the onslaught simply didn't proc enough to be worth it over the superior defensive stats vanq had at that time, reasons why were I didn't see myself using touch of divine all that often since smallscales majority of damage is singeltarget. Onslaught were however superior in warbands.

The present changes would be an improvement for smallscale unless you are one those who spam aoe heals for everything.

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#46 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:27 pm

The Divine Strike change is kinda wonky: unlike "proper" RF-needing abilities you don't get some kind of error message nor is the icon greyed out in the hotbar if you don't have enough to use it. Your character just stands there bugging out his animation and you frustratingly wonder why nothing is happening.

EDIT: The same applies to the new Judgement too, naturally.
Last edited by Oglaf on Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sulorie

Post#47 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:31 pm

Bobbiom wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:11 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:06 pm
Bobbiom wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:53 pm

A nerf for warband gameplay maybe but a buff for smallscale, at least for dok/wp.
How the gear changes are anything else than a hard nerf? There are no positive small scale effects.
Zumos post wasn't about the skill changes.
The RF procs of hots is quite nice.
In smallscale as wp you dont just spam touch of the divine.
You continusly recycle ST hots as they are about to wear off which have a chance to proc the RF regen now.
At least for me hotting is the majority of the rotation for wp/dok imo, untill you need to use hard casts for hard pressure and bursts. Obviuously while you are maintaining your RF with smite, supplication and judgements so you got a decent bank of RF to use.

Some year back I preferred 5p vanq rather than Onslaught in smallscale as wp because the onslaught simply didn't proc enough to be worth it over the superior defensive stats vanq had at that time, reasons why were I didn't see myself using touch of divine all that often since smallscales majority of damage is singeltarget. Onslaught were however superior in warbands.

The present changes would be an improvement for smallscale unless you are one those who spam aoe heals for everything.
With hots ticking you don't have many other direct heals, so yes, you always use aoe heals, even with only 1 target being hit. With statistically 5 rf/se consuming skills being used for one proc, you are noticeably worse off than before with roughly 1 proc after 2 grp heals.
The previous limit for efficiency was group size, now the proc is worthless compared to mixing sets.
Dying is no option.

dalen
Developer

Post#48 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:32 pm

Oglaf wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:27 pm The Divine Strike change is kinda wonky: unlike "proper" RF-needing abilities you don't get some kind of error message nor is the icon greyed out in the hotbar if you don't have enough to use it. Your character just stands there bugging out his animation and you frustratingly wonder why nothing is happening.
I can probably fix that for next patch. Our tooling for editing abilities is a bit lacking still and making mistakes like that is very easy.
Source Developer

Ads
Oglaf
Suspended

Post#49 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:35 pm

dalen wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:32 pm
Oglaf wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:27 pm The Divine Strike change is kinda wonky: unlike "proper" RF-needing abilities you don't get some kind of error message nor is the icon greyed out in the hotbar if you don't have enough to use it. Your character just stands there bugging out his animation and you frustratingly wonder why nothing is happening.
I can probably fix that for next patch. Our tooling for editing abilities is a bit lacking still and making mistakes like that is very easy.
Yeah I kinda figured there might be some tag or other classification as a "true" RF ability that needs to be added to it?

Cheers for the quick response, btw. :3

Detangler

Post#50 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:37 pm

Goryak wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:44 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:00 pm - Killing a player at their spawn will now kill you. Applies everywhere except in keeps.
So basically it is now an approved tactic in S3 city to keep your champs near your own barrier with everyone else inside and just let the non champs inside barrier die in the hopes the DB is from an enemy champ just to see him get insta killed?
Hmmm... this brings up a really good point - I can see this easily getting exploited in cities. Id love to hear a dev response to this
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable