Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 26/08/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Rydiak

Re: Patch Notes 26/08/2020

Post#31 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:28 pm

kyrontor wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:22 pm Fist of Khaine is now 100% useless for a heal DoK and while the WP version became as useless for mechanic regen, it got a covert addon of 20% chance to snare that isn't justified in the "Goals of the Warrior Priest/DoK changes" section.

Why not keep it being used with AP and let it scale with Willpower instead of Strength, seeing that the justification of the change is the melee DoK/WP and not the mechanic regen that would be the primary reason for a heal DoK/WP to use this skill?
And what exactly purpose it serves now, still being an ability tied to the healing tree, to healers?
Read the "reasons" section again. The answers you seek are there.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads
Rydiak

Post#32 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:29 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:22 pm
nutspanther wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:15 pm
Spoiler:
emiliorv wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:08 pm Nice patch, awesome job!!

Regarding this changes:

Why added a snare on WP and dont on DoK?
My guess is DoK can snare with Covenant.
1- covenant is a proc with 20% chance to snare not a 100% chance snare
2- what if dok have "other tools"?? "mirror" classes must have same tools or what?

Before patch these spells were 100% equal, after patch are different...why?
If one class has Covenant of Celerity, and the other doesn't, how were they equal? Inquiring minds want to know.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#33 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:40 pm

Rydiak wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:29 pm
Spoiler:
nutspanther wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:15 pm
Spoiler:
My guess is DoK can snare with Covenant.
2- what if dok have "other tools"?? "mirror" classes must have same tools or what?

If one class has Covenant of Celerity, and the other doesn't, how were they equal? Inquiring minds want to know.
the were equal since cost and brings the same, now dont.

since you want the same for the 2 classes => i agree trading the new snare added to WP for the group wouds buff. since DoK dont have a grp wounds buff and you feel that must have the same tools im sure you agree with me...dont?

Rydiak

Post#34 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:43 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:40 pm
Spoiler:

since you want the same for the 2 classes => i agree trading the new snare added to WP for the group wouds buff. since DoK dont have a grp wounds buff and you feel that must have the same tools im sure you agree with me...dont?
No, I do not agree with you. "Mirror class" doesn't mean "identical class".

Grock

Post#35 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:43 pm

tbh adding the same snare to DoK's ranged attack wouldn't change much, the snare isn't gonna "stack" with the covenant proc anyway

Personally i'd love to see more ranged abilities on all melee classes.
This "melee skills only" approach is heavily outdated in modern gaming environment and makes melee classes feel completely useless and boring in some situations - like sieges.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Goryak

Post#36 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:44 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:00 pm - Killing a player at their spawn will now kill you. Applies everywhere except in keeps.
So basically it is now an approved tactic in S3 city to keep your champs near your own barrier with everyone else inside and just let the non champs inside barrier die in the hopes the DB is from an enemy champ just to see him get insta killed?

Spoiler:
[Warrior Priest]

- Onslaught Sigmarite Kit: 4pc bonus changed: On casting heal ability 20% chance to gain 30 RF over 3s
- Vanquisher Sigmarite Kit: 4pc bonus changed: On casting heal ability 20% chance to gain 15 RF over 3s
- Triumphant Sigmarite Kit: 4pc bonus changed: On casting heal ability 20% chance to gain 15 RF over 3s
- Invader's Sigmarite Kit: 7pc bonus changed to proc on all healing abilities instead of on Path of Salvation abilities
- King's Ransom Sigmarite Kit: 7pc bonus changed: On casting heal ability 20% chance to gain 30 RF over 3s

[Disciple of Khaine]

- Onslaught Blood Offering Kit: 4pc bonus changed: On casting heal ability 20% chance to gain 30 SE over 3s
- Vanquisher Blood OfferingKit: 4pc bonus changed: On casting heal ability 20% chance to gain 15 SE over 3s
- Triumphant Blood OfferingKit: 4pc bonus changed: On casting heal ability 20% chance to gain 15 SE over 3s
- Invader's Blood Offering Kit: 7pc bonus changed to proc on all healing abilities instead of on Path of Dark Rites abilities
- King's Ransom Blood Offering Kit: 7pc bonus changed: On casting heal ability 20% chance to gain 30 SE over 3s
Lovely to see a 4 piece proc from random PVE set be considered equal to a 7 piece proc from PVP city grind. :lol:
At leats increase chance to proc or ammount of RF/SE proc fom Sov...
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#37 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:46 pm

Rydiak wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:43 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

you arguing the change (because benefit the class you play) because dok can snare (20% proc chance) and wp dont => well, wp can buff wouns to his grp and DoK dont...how in the hell you dont agree with me that dok need a wounds grp buff or wp lose his one ??

Rydiak

Post#38 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:48 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:46 pm
Rydiak wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:43 pm
Spoiler:

you arguing the change (because benefit the class you play) because dok can snare (20% proc chance) and wp dont => well, wp can buff wouns to his grp and DoK dont...how in the hell you dont agree with me that dok need a wounds grp buff or wp lose his one ??
Nice strawman. If you feel the DoK needs access to a wounds buff, please feel free to write a proposal. That is off-topic for this patch notes thread, though.

Ads
Fenris78

Post#39 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:59 pm

Very much appreciated changes for scoreboard, finally will be rewards playing tank and objectives !

Glad to see grieving in spawns is now punished accordingly : it's only toxic behavior to act like this, so no more exploit of City Barriers, hopefully also will the respawn points after Fort (in The Maw for instance, after a win Order respawn between jail and warcamp, wich was unprotected).

Glad Kadrin wall is fixed, I think there is still another Dwarf wall with similar issue but couldn't remember atm...

Changes to flanking are nice too (less OP proc damages from Witch Elves who benefited this tactic the most, IMO), and a general tuning down of procs in mDPS classes.
Add damages are already ignoring Toughness, the +15% bonus was indeed not needed... :p

I like the rework of dps WP/DoK archetypes ; it made no sense to completely ignore the core mechanic of the class, and allowed too powerful and relentless fighting (some are already unkillable tbh).
Now they will have to either pause and regen RF/SE, use regen abilities smartier, or go to 1-handed weapon + Book/Chalice altogether.
I think this will bring more variety for builds, and tone down some abuses of this achetype, without really impending their healing abilities.

Finally the throwing attacks rework may look anecdotical, but actually adding +150 dmg with capped stat is not so bad for mDPS ; care to not bring too much power for throwing attacks with added component (those wich snare of do greater dmg under specific conditions).

Fenris78

Post#40 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:03 pm

Goryak wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:44 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:00 pm - Killing a player at their spawn will now kill you. Applies everywhere except in keeps.
So basically it is now an approved tactic in S3 city to keep your champs near your own barrier with everyone else inside and just let the non champs inside barrier die in the hopes the DB is from an enemy champ just to see him get insta killed?
I guess this rule can easily be switched off for the stage 3 of Cities. Indeed enabling it will lead door open to the exploit you mention... :p