Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 19/08/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Futuro

Re: Patch Notes 19/08/2020

Post#81 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:22 am

So from everything i have read and understood This is also a nerf to new non established players by nerfing :

Income that came from pvp kill quest , like the kill 20 people or the one were you have to kill a certain amount of each race
Some entry Level end game gear ( beast lord )
Renown received for handing supplys ( this has especially effected T1 )

Now as someone who started playing the game in early march most of my early game income came from the pvp kill quest (after i sold all my stuff that i got from Chp 1-4 public scenarios ) and one of the firsts sets of gear i went for after hitting 40 was beast-lord as many guides on the internet said to do and it was a decent set of starting gear or better for some classes

When a fundamental core mechanic like how people get credit for questing is changed and has a ripple effect on alot of other things an explanation into the thought process behind the changes would be good ( now i do understand the devs are not professionals who are working for a company that deals with the public and therefor cant be held to the same standards ) but like i said some insight into the changes would have been good :

did they feel too much money was being generated from the kill quests ?
did they feel beast lord gear was to easily obtainable for new players ?
did they feel to many people were afking in large wb's and should not be getting rewards for doing nothing ?
is this part of a larger overhaul of some sort ?
did they feel new players had it to easy ?
did they even know what ripple effect this would actually have like the game economy or gear progression ?

a little bit of communication on such a big change to a core game mechanic would go along way top help people understand

Edit: words
Last edited by Futuro on Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Grobbok

Post#82 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:40 am

this patch is THE WORST patch ever! not because is change something here or there, because it is again team play spirit!
imagine warband with 4 parties for 6 ppl, and now only 1 party get credit, so what about 3 other parties? they didn't count? they don't fight? Who are they? ghosts?
How you can explain when someone did 51% dmg and other player did 49% dmg on the same target, only one get credit but what about this 49% of work, no matter?
This is AGAINSt team play against the spirit of this game!
Pity you developers don't see it
lider of Da fat squigs guild

normanis

Post#83 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:46 am

the pacify of trolls dont work, they ustobe kill players if we mess up with running flags.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

normanis

Post#84 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:47 am

Futuro wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:22 am So from everything i have read and understood This is also a nerf to new non established players by nerfing :

Income that came from pvp kill quest , like the kill 20 people or the one were you have to kill a certain amount of each race
Some entry Level end game gear ( beast lord )
Renown received for handing supplys ( this has especially effected T1 )

Now as someone who started playing the game in early march most of my early game income came from the pvp kill quest (after i sold all my stuff that i got from Chp 1-4 public scenarios ) and one of the firsts sets of gear i went for after hitting 40 was beast-lord as many guides on the internet said to do and it was a decent set of starting gear or better for some classes

When a fundamental core mechanic like how people get credit for questing is changed and has a ripple effect on alot of other things an explanation into the thought process behind the changes would be good ( now i do understand the devs are not professionals who are working for a company that deals with the public and therefor cant be held to the same standards ) but like i said some insight into the changes would have been good :

did they feel too much money was being generated from the kill quests ?
did they feel beast lord gear was to easily obtainable for new players ?
did they feel to many people were afking in large wb's and should not be getting rewards for doing nothing ?
is this part of a larger overhaul of some sort ?
did they feel new players had it to easy ?
did they even know what ripple effect this would actually have like the game economy or gear progression ?

a little bit of communication on such a big change to a core game mechanic would go along way top help people understand

Edit: words
hard mode for players below 40/41 turned on. :(
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

nuadarstark

Post#85 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:53 am

You know you **** up on changes when even Wam says it's stupid.

I don't care about the solos, the newbies, the kill quests, etc but introducing a mechanic that make even the WB parties themselves compete with each other is an absurd idea.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

saupreusse
Developer

Post#86 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:11 am

grease wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:20 am this patch has solidified a thought i had, many players who come to this forum either
1. cant read.
2. can read but cant comprehend what they read.
3. are just here to stir up problems.
4. just post random thought after reading a part of the patch notes they seem to not understand.
It's not just these forums but pretty much everywhere. Ppl cant be arsed to read more than headlines which makes them assume things that might not even be discussed in the article. Humanities ability to read and understand what they are reading and making logical conclusions out of that is on a all time low.

dalen
Developer

Post#87 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:12 am

nuadarstark wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:53 am You know you **** up on changes when even Wam says it's stupid.

I don't care about the solos, the newbies, the kill quests, etc but introducing a mechanic that make even the WB parties themselves compete with each other is an absurd idea.
Well, now it shares in entire WB. But renown has always only been shared within party, so there's always been some competition inside warbands I guess.
Source Developer

saupreusse
Developer

Post#88 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:21 am

nuadarstark wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:53 am You know you **** up on changes when even Wam says it's stupid.

Don't know how to say it, but maybe you and wam should read the patch notes again where you can see it clearly states that it is "shared between grp and warband members".

Ads
agemennon675

Post#89 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:22 am

saupreusse wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:21 am

Don't know how to say it, but maybe you and wam should read the patch notes again where you can see it clearly states that it is "shared between grp and warband members".
It wasnt like that when patch arrived, it got hotfixed probably because player feedback.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

nuadarstark

Post#90 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:34 am

It was hotfixed now, so yeah...at work atm, can only comment on how it was yesterday and during the night.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov