Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 19/08/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Valkeera

Re: Patch Notes 19/08/2020

Post#51 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:08 pm

Grock wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:29 pm A more important point to look into when it comes to kill credit are RvR gear quets - quests like Tracker, Stalker and Beastlord that require you to get credits for killing specific enemies.
With this change i foresee that it will be much much harder to complete these quests at the appropriate levels as you'd be at disadvantage against higher level/gear/rr groups out there, even in a warband.

Please consider changing how these gear quests work or maybe limiting the "kill credit" limitation to CR/RR 40/40 and above
I predict that especially the Hunter set will now be next to impossible to reach, it was hard enough to get all the 20/20/20 kills in T1 before reaching lvl 16 before this change, if at least the exp scroll could be modified to be usable at lvl 1 as an offset to mitigate the warp-speed leveling in T1...

Also, why can't the kills be shared within the entire warband, why only one party?

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#52 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:20 pm

Grock wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:24 pm
Aethilmar wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:12 pm With the caveat that I may not understand the new mechanics as described -- if this is actually the line of thinking, I am confused why the AAO malus was dropped. Being a "soloist" on the zerging side is already easier than on the outnumbered side since there was far less chance of being overwhelmed at by random passers-by at any moment. If anything, this seems to encourage ungrouped solo "zerg surfing" to look for easy kills.
Removal of malus from solo kills provides an incentive for "zerg side" to split up and lose benefit of group buffs/heals/etc, even when staying in the zerg
And in addition it provides a real incentive to go out roam solo, providing more potential small fights for the outnumbered side

The "kill credit" change is only for quests
I don't see it. Solo-ists gonna solo. Zergers gonna zerg. The two don't really have much in common and think differently.

By way of example, the AAO bonus was supposed to draw zergers to fight on the under-manned side but all it really does is attract soloists (or small groups) looking for a big score in high AAO situations (where they have no effect on the campaign) as people rush to get to the real battle. The masses still sit on the side that gets easy renown from PVE-ing the lord into oblivion.

And now those gankers can be almost as profitable by more safely picking off people who already have a disincentive to defend the zones as they get hunted and/or camped on the way to the keeps.

Anyway, I guess time will tell. But I think this is just going to result in even less zone defenses. But, hey, end game is all about cities now so whatever keeps the zones flipping.

Grock

Post#53 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:36 pm

AAO bonus is very poorly thought-through solution to a fairly complex problem. Its failure is entirely on Mythic's heads. I'm not gonna go in details now since its off-topic.

You do have a point about "X'ers gonna X" but the player demographics aren't split rigidly, there's always overlap, especially when you add small scale folks into equation.

Its not a solution to the problem but its one step in a good direction of splitting the zergball and trying to create more smalle engagements and activity around the zone.

The main differnece here is players on the overpopulated sides not **can get kill rewards** when solo, unlike before.
As i already said his means those who want to go solo can do that and get profit, instead of being forced to either stick with the PvE zerg blob and flag sitting, or fight "just for fun" with no rewards.
This in turn means the players on the outnumbered side get more chances to have small engagements and pick off kills for that sweet AAO bonus.
Last edited by Grock on Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Kobra
Suspended

Post#54 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:37 pm

dalen wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:44 pm
MightyPhred wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:42 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:20 pm - Solo kills from solo players are now excluded from the AAO malus.
does that mean i have to be in a group to make use of aao now?
No. When you are on the overpopulated side you get reduced renown for kills, down to -75% at most.

Now 1v1 fights for solo players are excluded from that renown reduction.

The AAO bonus works exactly like before.
Why not just state it for what it is in the notes instead of using the word malus, and making people try to guess?

It seems this change likely resulted in order crying for no RR on solo kills because of the current population imbalance. Why does it seem like things that negatively impact order are rapidly patched, and things that negatively impact Destruction are readily ignored? Just asking for a friend.

Grock

Post#55 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:39 pm

Kobra wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:37 pm Why not just state it for what it is in the notes instead of using the word malus, and making people try to guess?

It seems this change likely resulted in order crying for no RR on solo kills because of the current population imbalance. Why does it seem like things that negatively impact order are rapidly patched, and things that negatively impact Destruction are readily ignored? Just asking for a friend.
Its been called "AAO malus" since its first introduction ~2 years ago, people been saying that it kills solo and small scale roam for the entire duration of its existence, its nothing new and hardly related to any recent events.

delcon

Post#56 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:40 pm

Is contribution messed up ? .

just been in fort many tanks and healers in the WB no contribution message , even though activly fighting and getting Purple spam ,

Kobra
Suspended

Post#57 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:41 pm

Grock wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:39 pm
Kobra wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:37 pm Why not just state it for what it is in the notes instead of using the word malus, and making people try to guess?

Its been called "AAO malus" since its first introduction ~2 years ago, people been saying that it kills solo and small scale roam for the entire duration of its existence, its nothing new and hardly related to any recent events.
This change is beneficial to the overpopulated side. Hence, encouraging and supporting that imbalance we're seeing now. So a fix had to be rushed in so the kids solo roaming with 400 people from their realm in the zone still got their ganks.

Grock

Post#58 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:47 pm

Well i don't know how exactly they implemented it, but i imagine if someone else tags your target you get the usual malus.

It does benefit gankers on zerging side sure, but it also benefits players on outnumbered side the same way cuz now they can go around and hunt those gankers for huge AAO rewards.

Ads
Akalukz

Post#59 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:55 pm

Grock wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:47 pm Well i don't know how exactly they implemented it, but i imagine if someone else tags your target you get the usual malus.

It does benefit gankers on zerging side sure, but it also benefits players on outnumbered side the same way cuz now they can go around and hunt those gankers for huge AAO rewards.
They already could, although there maybe more now.

As to the Kill quest changes. I think this only hurts new players honestly. Its a nice cash / exp flow for them. Old-time players 1)usually don't need the gold 2) usually run -exp scrolls to max renown gains with bolster to go into a high-level gear upon CR40.
-= Agony =-

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#60 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:04 pm

Grock wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:58 pm Pathnotes need this :lol:
Just took this picture from my phone while walking my dog in NY.