Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 12/08/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
sogeou

Re: Patch Notes 12/08/2020

Post#91 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:21 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:07 pm Id sure like to see screenshots of those supposed Chosen stats. I'm sitting here at 3 sov 2 warlord 3 invader w rr61 scenario weapons and those numbers seem pretty far fetched to me....
Not going to tell people how to be OP. Sorry it is not happening. Just showing people on discord only. Figure it out for yourself.

Ads
hammerhead

Post#92 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:26 pm

SmackdownNinja wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:21 pm
hammerhead wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:02 pm
SmackdownNinja wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:21 pm You should post combat logs
Spoiler:
IB/Ch at same altSov (1pc diff)

and i gues you play BG?
Spoiler:
Do you still have a armor pot and buffs stack? And in this patch they also did it for IB? Noo?
So you had a 2h chosen hit you on an Ib that had your resists lowered and possibly other stats as well through his auras. You also had a high chance to be crit as well for tank when you should be around 0%. You weren’t hitting him as hard because your attacks had to go through armor and a lot of his didn’t. Spirit dmg is what makes chosen and sm different from other tanks. Don’t know what your trying to get at here.
the 2nd screen from my BG in Ruin. I just show that what is stacked is not supposed to stack. And I'll write again, two 80+ characters in almost the same gear. (I usually have 320-330 intuition and about 0.1 crit under the linim)
(\|)o0(|/)

Grock

Post#93 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:33 pm

Rydiak wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:40 pm Toughness is a flat DPS reduction, the same as Strength/Melee Power/Ballistic Skill/Ranged Power/Intelligence/Magic Power are flat DPS increases. All are affected by the coefficient (e.g. scaling) of the special attack which you use. Weapon DPS and special attack base damage are not affected by coefficients, but are added onto the value provided by Strength etc. and Toughness. In the case of auto-attacks, this remaining value is then multiplied by the weapon's attack speed to achieve damage.

Want to overcome a defender's Toughness? Increase your Strength/Melee Power/Ballistic Skill/Ranged Power/Intelligence/Magic Power.

I recommend taking a look at my damage calculator and playing around with it.
Yes i know that, but that is how it is supposed to work, doesn't necessarily mean they made it work like that with the patch - which is what my question is about.
There have been issues with DoT toughness calculation in the past, so im being suspicious about these changes as well.

Also im 90% positive Weapon DPS bonus should be multiplied by the "scaling" modifier just like the Stats bonus, this is how it worked for the past few years according to the tests i've done.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Fenris78

Post#94 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:42 pm

Grock wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:33 pm Yes i know that, but that is how it is supposed to work, doesn't necessarily mean they made it work like that with the patch - which is what my question is about.
There have been issues with DoT toughness calculation in the past, so im being suspicious about these changes as well.

Also im 90% positive Weapon DPS bonus should be multiplied by the "scaling" modifier just like the Stats bonus, this is how it worked for the past few years according to the tests i've done.
Yesterday I got Elemental DoT ticks for 1 dmg on tanks (with about 750 INT), and on the Fort Lord in Butcher Pass. I strongly suspect something is wrong for Toughness mitigation on DoTs, ie. T should mitigate based on total damage of the whole duration, rather than mitigate each tick separately (wich basically render most DoTs useless on high Toughnesses).

And I suspect Toughness to got a flat unmodified dmg reduction on ALL hits (ie. 1k T deducing 200 from all attacks) rather than being modified by the attacker's PSM + capped by total amount of offensive stat (ie. only 400 Toughness could mitigate an attack from 500 off stat and a 0.8 Primary Stat Modifier, not the whole Toughness amount).

Rydiak

Post#95 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:46 pm

Grock wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:33 pm
Rydiak wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:40 pm Toughness is a flat DPS reduction, the same as Strength/Melee Power/Ballistic Skill/Ranged Power/Intelligence/Magic Power are flat DPS increases. All are affected by the coefficient (e.g. scaling) of the special attack which you use. Weapon DPS and special attack base damage are not affected by coefficients, but are added onto the value provided by Strength etc. and Toughness. In the case of auto-attacks, this remaining value is then multiplied by the weapon's attack speed to achieve damage.

Want to overcome a defender's Toughness? Increase your Strength/Melee Power/Ballistic Skill/Ranged Power/Intelligence/Magic Power.

I recommend taking a look at my damage calculator and playing around with it.
Yes i know that, but that is how it is supposed to work, doesn't necessarily mean they made it work like that with the patch - which is what my question is about.

Weapon DPS for auto-attacks has no scaling modifier, because auto-attacks have no coefficient (because they aren't a special attack).
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Rydiak

Post#96 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:48 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:42 pm
Grock wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:33 pm Yes i know that, but that is how it is supposed to work, doesn't necessarily mean they made it work like that with the patch - which is what my question is about.

I suspect Toughness to got a flat unmodified dmg reduction on ALL hits (ie. 1k T deducing 200 from all attacks) rather than being modified by the attacker's PSM + capped by total amount of offensive stat (ie. only 400 Toughness could mitigate an attack from 500 off stat and a 0.8 Primary Stat Modifier, not the whole Toughness amount).
Toughness doesn't work like this, nor does the damage formula. You can view the damage formula in my damage calculator.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Grock

Post#97 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:10 pm

Rydiak wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:46 pm Weapon DPS for auto-attacks has no scaling modifier, because auto-attacks have no coefficient (because they aren't a special attack).
I wasn't referring to auto-attacks, i meant "attack" as in any possible attack type - ability, spell, etc :)
Honetsly don't remember the AA formula, but i remember it only gets half of regular mainstat dps bonus
Rydiak wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:48 pm Toughness doesn't work like this, nor does the damage formula. You can view the damage formula in my damage calculator.
Wait what do you mean? Is that an actual formula from devs post-patch?
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Zxul

Post#98 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:13 pm

sogeou wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:21 pm
Detangler wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:07 pm Id sure like to see screenshots of those supposed Chosen stats. I'm sitting here at 3 sov 2 warlord 3 invader w rr61 scenario weapons and those numbers seem pretty far fetched to me....
Not going to tell people how to be OP. Sorry it is not happening. Just showing people on discord only. Figure it out for yourself.
In other words, you pulled those numbers out of your ass, and now have nothing to back them up with.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
sogeou

Post#99 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:14 pm

Zxul wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:13 pm
In other words, you pulled those numbers out of your ass, and now have nothing to back them up with.
Nope. I showed gear setup to Rydiak in discord. Figure it out for yourself.

Zxul

Post#100 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:24 pm

sogeou wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:14 pm
Zxul wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:13 pm
Nope. I showed gear setup to Rydiak in discord. Figure it out for yourself.
I showed things to Justin Bieber, Kim Jong, and Genghis Khan reborn in discord. Stop pulling numbers out of your ass.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh