Patch Notes 30/07/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
dalen
Developer

Re: Patch Notes 30/07/2020

Post#51 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:07 pm

Grock wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:07 pm
dalen wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:47 pm So yes, not really capped by attackers mainstat.
Another question if i may: how is toughness effect actually "calculated"? is it still 1:1 equal to primary stats, affected by all the same modifiers like the "psm" value and the cast time modifier?

I'm asking because this spring I've been doing some tests and results were kinda weird, some abilities were showing different effect from one stat than the equal amount of another.
I don't recall the details and i can't vouch for that test's accuracy though. Afaik one of the abilities in question was WL's Shattering Blow, other two were Slayer's 1s period DoTs - Cleft in Twain and Relentless Strike.

It is 1:1 with offensive abilities, unless the caster has an outgoing damage modifier, which affects outgoing damage but not the toughness mitigation. For example Divine Fury tactic or things like that.
Source Developer

Ads
Zxul

Post#52 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:11 pm

dalen wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:47 pm
Grock wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:37 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:51 pm [Combat formulas]
- The toughness mitigation cap is now also applied to off hand auto attacks. (Toughness mitigates at most 75% of the incoming damage)
[/spoiler]
Need clarification cuz this topic was raised in the past and clear answer has never been provided as far as im aware.

Does it mean total damage value of the incoming attack - i.e. "Base + Rank bonus + Stats bonus + Weapon DPS bonus"?
Or only Stat bonus like it was in the past?

In case its the former then it implies that Toughness can reduce attack's damage past the attacker's Stat bonus, meaning Toughness effect isn't capped by target's Mainstat? Is that true?
How it works hasn't changed, but I think there has been some conflicting info on it.

It is the first case, total mitigation from toughness cannot exceed 75% of the "total damage value of the incoming attack".

So yes, not really capped by attackers mainstat.
From the bottom of my magus's 859 toughness heart, thank you.

I'm off to show some love to wls.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Grock

Post#53 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:42 pm

dalen wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:07 pm It is 1:1 with offensive abilities, unless the caster has an outgoing damage modifier, which affects outgoing damage but not the toughness mitigation. For example Divine Fury tactic or things like that.
That sounds kinda weird, but okay
Does this apply to Choppa/Slayer mechanic? How about crit power modifiers especially sorc/bw?
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Akalukz

Post#54 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:47 pm

dalen wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:49 am
Spoiler:
Acidic wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:43 am
dalen wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:22 am And for those wondering about soft cap and hard caps regarding hotfix #2.

Soft cap is 50 + 25 * level and hard cap is 50 + 55 * level, so 1050 and 2250 respectively at lvl 40.

After reaching soft cap stats only give half points, so to actually reach hard cap of 2250 stats, you need 3450 actual stats.

Wounds only has soft cap applied, no hard cap.
Curiosity what was the issue with the old calc ?
After reaching soft cap it reduced stats to 33% instead of to 50%. Also it handled hard cap the wrong way, but that likely had little impact.
Spoiler:
Also it was only applying soft cap to offensive stats when calculating damage. Not when calculating mitigation, health, armor penetration, crit chance, stealth detection chance, defense chance (parry/dodge/disrupt from stats) etc. So essentially stats like weapon skill, initiative & wounds had no soft cap.
So doesn't this make the top tier people even stronger? I am pretty certain soft caps were 3:1 even on live wasn't it? It was a way to lessen the impact of top tier gear and to reduce the effectiveness of min/maxers?
-= Agony =-

dalen
Developer

Post#55 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:57 am

Akalukz wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:47 pm
Spoiler:
Acidic wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:43 am

Curiosity what was the issue with the old calc ?
After reaching soft cap it reduced stats to 33% instead of to 50%. Also it handled hard cap the wrong way, but that likely had little impact.
Spoiler:
Also it was only applying soft cap to offensive stats when calculating damage. Not when calculating mitigation, health, armor penetration, crit chance, stealth detection chance, defense chance (parry/dodge/disrupt from stats) etc. So essentially stats like weapon skill, initiative & wounds had no soft cap.
So doesn't this make the top tier people even stronger? I am pretty certain soft caps were 3:1 even on live wasn't it? It was a way to lessen the impact of top tier gear and to reduce the effectiveness of min/maxers?
It was 2:1 on live, and that's also what the character window displays. The server sends the "raw" stats to the client and it does the same calculation. So we need to calculate it the same way as the client.
Source Developer

Akalukz

Post#56 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:53 pm

dalen wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:57 am
Akalukz wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:47 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
It was 2:1 on live, and that's also what the character window displays. The server sends the "raw" stats to the client and it does the same calculation. So we need to calculate it the same way as the client.
Fair enough, but it does make min/maxing more effective correct?
-= Agony =-

Grock

Post#57 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:59 am

Akalukz wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:53 pm Fair enough, but it does make min/maxing more effective correct?
yep, over-stacking is now more efficient, kinda makes the whole gear disparity thing even worse than it was
the game really needs a stat squish at this point
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Akalukz

Post#58 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:37 pm

I tell ya, as a long time player, things are downright depressing in RvR right now. No way for small groups to help defend keeps, attackers are bored with empty keep takes. AoE rules the roost As much as I despise scenarios I find myself doing more and more of them.

Do something devs. change the balance / change the meta / change something. You made an interesting change on the rez in keep, but you didn't follow through and disperse the attacking zerg... just the ability to defensive zerg.
-= Agony =-

Ads