Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sulorie

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Post#71 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:28 am

drmordread wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:11 am
Aanathema wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:34 am
drmordread wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:12 am OK ... so basically,
-- if I am playing my ranged classes... get to keep early, dont leave to run to supplies, hunker down and wait for battle on inner.
--when playing a tank or healer ... get to keep early, dont leave to run to supplies, hunker down and wait for battle on inner.
-- when playing mdps ... Just sit in wc cause solo mdps dont do jack diddly in this game, and now, can't even get to a keep under siege.

Congrats, you have found one more way to make the zerg stronger and the lesser populated realm even weaker. I didn't think it was possible, but ya did it! :)

Or wait at warcamp when a siege has started, form up with a warband and try to enter the fort via a postern.
So drop the wb I had just spent 3 hours with, find a new forming wb of others like me who got cut off and try the postern? (Eataine last night when I was playing destro).

That's a sad sad solution on your end to an even crappier situation. Really? Leave the wb you are with and go find another?
When you were in that wb for 3 hours, how can you die without getting revived and therefore get left alone? Why isn't warband leader doing his job to keep the ppl close together?

I would understand it, when you join a warband, which is already at keep siege but even then, suicide should never be a method to move to a certain location.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Marawo

Post#72 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:27 pm

[RvR]

- Players now only respawn in keeps if they are safe, no longer if outer door is already under attack.

- Keeps now rank up when resources are handed in, as long as doors are at 98% health or above. Resources handed in when door is below 98% health will still heal the door.
asking for clarification for this change please. Because onetapping with cannon is clearly over the top and not representing an actual attack. Does the respawn block appear at a certain treshold or for a certain amount of time since the last damage tickon door?

Otherwise good buff for ganking playstyle, at least you feel like making an impact on the campaign now.

e.: obvious pugtears ITT: why can't i just "lmao just release in keep" anymore.

Aanathema

Post#73 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:33 pm

Spoiler:
drmordread wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:11 am
Aanathema wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:34 am
drmordread wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:12 am OK ... so basically,
-- if I am playing my ranged classes... get to keep early, dont leave to run to supplies, hunker down and wait for battle on inner.
--when playing a tank or healer ... get to keep early, dont leave to run to supplies, hunker down and wait for battle on inner.
-- when playing mdps ... Just sit in wc cause solo mdps dont do jack diddly in this game, and now, can't even get to a keep under siege.

Congrats, you have found one more way to make the zerg stronger and the lesser populated realm even weaker. I didn't think it was possible, but ya did it! :)

Or wait at warcamp when a siege has started, form up with a warband and try to enter the fort via a postern.
So drop the wb I had just spent 3 hours with, find a new forming wb of others like me who got cut off and try the postern? (Eataine last night when I was playing destro).

That's a sad sad solution on your end to an even crappier situation. Really? Leave the wb you are with and go find another?

If you were in a warband, dont drop it just, find a couple of others and stuck between warcamp and keep and try to sneak inside.

But I agree with as @Raldoran said before, "The aspect i foresee from this will be the death of the outer door funnel unless you can guarantee you can hold them." as you will not respawn at keep.

sogeou

Post#74 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:20 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:17 pm
I would guess the client update was needed for it to fire correctly. Would have been a tiny one.
Like the changes to the new keep. Is it possible to block off the big ramp during NA / low pop hours to slow the zerg so they can't 2 to 1 numbers us in a zone. Worst thing mythic did was add that big ramp to stop people from having to run up those ramps. This made taking keeps too easy.

Also is it possible to make the wounds debuff on AAO so the zerg can be controlled more.

anarchypark

Post#75 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:32 pm

AxelF wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:10 pm
Kaelang wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:58 pm
Zerging keeps will be super easy now. Pugs without healers are screwed by this. Guess they found a way to speed up the campaign.
Pugs without healers aren't a threat regardless of circumstance, it's just a bunch of solo players who don't know how to form compositions and are expecting to do something. If you're running 24 without a single healer, change or not, you're not doing anything but feeding.
Now the under populated realm has to either pick a zone and all sit afk in the keep, leaving the side with bigger numbers to run free in the lakes, or just take another zone uncontested, or they just forget trying to defend, and as soon as the outer is tagged it's over.
That's a player behaviour mentality, and not something devs should look to change. If you see this change as a 'welp better AFK', instead of 'let's discuss in region what's happening and sort out some flanks, let's be a nuisance and try to slow them down' - that's on you.

The changes made are obviously being monitored as they hit live - changes don't just drop onto the server and get forgotten about. But complaining about something within 2 hours, and 2 zone flips, is ridiculous. Let it settle and review it after it's been thoroughly played out. Stop trying to find things to be unhappy with before you've even played the changes.
It's not solely a player mentality issue though, it's a numbers imbalance issue and a game mechanics issue - once the difference in numbers reaches a certain point, or simply the mass of the funneling side's AoE reaches a certain point, it's impossible to break through one or two tiny choke points, regardless of how many healers you have, or if you're in 2/2/2 warbands. We've seen that time and time again. Absolving yourselves of responsibility for this is just a massive cop out.

Like I said - the intention is probably in the right direction, it's just the increasing absence of judgement or a gentle touch when it comes to mechanics adjustments or class balancing that's baffling. See class balance changes which lurch way too far one way and then get smacked back too far the other, rinse and repeat...

We just see changes being made that clearly haven't been thought through properly, and then the classic 'player mentality' or 'current meta' arguements get trotted out. You guys are the only ones with the power to chance the meta of the game, and the mentality of the players. Everyone else is just reacting to your decisions. Own them. (And hopefully make better ones...)

you see what was the first thing came out from players with this patch ?
'afk'
instead it should be 'get grp and fight b4 siege'
that's mental problem. nobody can fix.

when you see 400 aao, what's first thing to come in mind ?
'we're doomed' or 'aao farm'
that's mental problem.

it's war game and you can be the warrior facing impossible odd, accepting glorious death.
yet they choose to be prey.
no system can fix it but some leadership might.

this patch means who get the grp first, get advantage.
calling cityloggers into orvr.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

anarchypark

Post#76 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:38 pm

Marawo wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:27 pm
[RvR]

- Players now only respawn in keeps if they are safe, no longer if outer door is already under attack.

- Keeps now rank up when resources are handed in, as long as doors are at 98% health or above. Resources handed in when door is below 98% health will still heal the door.
asking for clarification for this change please. Because onetapping with cannon is clearly over the top and not representing an actual attack. Does the respawn block appear at a certain treshold or for a certain amount of time since the last damage tickon door?

Otherwise good buff for ganking playstyle, at least you feel like making an impact on the campaign now.

you have to hit door with cannon for full ammunition to get 98% i think.
plenty of time to kill solo cannon.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Marawo

Post#77 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:53 pm

anarchypark wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:38 pm
Spoiler:
Marawo wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:27 pm
[RvR]

you have to hit door with cannon for full ammunition to get 98% i think.
plenty of time to kill solo cannon.
I feel like you are not understanding my question/confusion about the patch.
Are both statements connected together meaning that you can't respawn in keep once a door is damaged beyond 98% or are they seperate changes one stopping respawn when door is damaged in any way and the other only changing the supply/doorhealth behaviour?

Akalukz

Post#78 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:01 pm

did no one play here when this was in effect before? it was changed to for a reason. Keep defenses became non-existent. Everyone here bashes on pugs...but without pugs who would all the elites kill. Quit trying to force casual players to other games.

I see the zerg side taking 2-3 zones at once, undefended, and defenders all afking at the wc or ganking in the very near future. It happened before and will happen again.

Possibly make a portal from wc to keep if controlling 3 bo's or something while the outter is up.
-= Agony =-

Ads
reistahlen

Post#79 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:24 pm

Aanathema wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:33 pm
But I agree with as @Raldoran said before, "The aspect i foresee from this will be the death of the outer door funnel unless you can guarantee you can hold them." as you will not respawn at keep.
Oh damn, I didn't think of that.... It would be indeed strategically too risky to funnel outer, because you'd risk leaving inner undefended in case of wipe.

Yeah, I'm starting to think it's not such a good idea.

wachlarz

Post#80 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:25 pm

I think healers still have rez