Ads

Patch Notes 15/07/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
doxifera

Re: Patch Notes 15/07/2020

Post#51 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:49 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:14 pm
Grimfang wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:08 pm It isnt that rSH is terrible. It was in a better state than SW in that it was better at kiting. Just the mSH was way over balanced so of course everyone played that instead.
rSH has a big problem and it unfortunately has nothing to do with the rSW. It's the pet and how easy it is to kill. Magus/Engineers have the same problem.

Why does only 1 of the 4 pet classes in this game have aoe damage reduction on pets? It makes 0 sense. I'm sorry but squigs, turrets, and daemons all need the same aoe damage reduction that was given to White Lion pets so they can actually survive for more then half a second. Even with that damage reduction, WL's complain that the pet dies too quickly in large fights/city. Can you imagine how squigs and Engineers/Magus feel? Their pet literally instantly explodes. This is also an issue for melee squigs and why they are better on paper than they are in practical application.
Yeah :( We have raised this topic more than once, but there is no answer from the devs yet :( Class mechanics of Engi/Magus/SH are broken and there is no reaction. AoE reduce to their pets must be done.

Ads
agemennon675

Post#52 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:51 pm

doxifera wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:31 pm
Feomatar1 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:17 pm Ahahah, ok, asw now dead as **** for 100% and 4 ever... Lol, nerfing worst melee spec in the game its hilarious X D
The worst? Probably aSW didn’t jump on you. He is second in damage after OP WL. More burst than WH and Slayer.
For an ASW to get a jump on you you need to stand still for like 2-3 secs, you can just walk away from it
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ramlaen

Post#53 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:58 pm

Hey guys I have a great idea for a prank.

What if we say we are going to make SW a viable class again, but actually just nerf it.

Hilarious isn't it?
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

wachlarz

Post#54 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:09 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:18 am
wachlarz wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:54 am
agemennon675 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:38 am At this point even Destro players are going to pity SW's, Crosscut buff wasnt necessary but do you think crosscut really needed this nerf ?
Combatlog dont lie.
I am not saying that 3x Crosscut wasnt overperforming but now its worse than pre-buff state on a mdps spec which doesnt even have any kind of meaningful aoe compared to its mirrors; SH, Mara, WL and its arguably is not better in single target as well. My question still stands;Do you think crosscut was too strong before the buff ?
If Yours problem is lack of aoe, make proposal. They change SINGLE target skill.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#55 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:25 pm

Feomatar1 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:30 pm Asw after buffs and with op glass arrow was NOT viable in orvr and city, now asw is worst melee dps even in 6v6 was his best bracket (still useless bracket but lol). ASW now is 100% dead spec, useless in every aspect of the game. **** it, i dont want to argue with hypocrit morons anymore, you just want free kills to feel good, and will justify even if asw will have only grim slash... But one thing, u will not have asw as "free kill target" cause after few weeks no one will play it, hf. Sh can be op for a years, dps shaman can be roam cheat code for a years, wl can be top class for a years, sork can 100-0 for 3 gcd but sw must be useless **** 4ever cause morons accustomed that its |normal. **** it, i'm out, retards play their op ****, and whine a overnerfs when anything become slightly viable lol, **** this shitm devs make game for 500 imbeciles ont their 4ever meta ****, not for players.
I understand some people take it way too seriously and are frustrated when they experience changes they don't desire, however if you cannot share a respectful feedback or at least write in accordance to the forum ToU then please refrain from posting.

You can read the forum Terms of Use here or in the pop-up that appears whilst writing a reply/topic.

Karl

Post#56 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:25 pm

Ramlaen wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:58 pm Hey guys I have a great idea for a prank.

What if we say we are going to make SW a viable class again, but actually just nerf it.

Hilarious isn't it?
Bazinga! :)

Would be fun if a dev/GM played SW and gave some input... prolly time to invest more time and love in my WL or Choppa - which devs/GM play and hence prolly won't be nerfed to the ground and beyond.

Karl

Post#57 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:28 pm

wachlarz wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:09 pm
agemennon675 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:18 am
wachlarz wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:54 am

Combatlog dont lie.
I am not saying that 3x Crosscut wasnt overperforming but now its worse than pre-buff state on a mdps spec which doesnt even have any kind of meaningful aoe compared to its mirrors; SH, Mara, WL and its arguably is not better in single target as well. My question still stands;Do you think crosscut was too strong before the buff ?
If Yours problem is lack of aoe, make proposal. They change SINGLE target skill.
Well, last patch (or the one before) they gave LA - which is a aoe-abillity - 5 sec cd....

Sulorie

Post#58 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:40 pm

Karl wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:28 pm
Well, last patch (or the one before) they gave LA - which is a aoe-abillity - 5 sec cd....
That fits well with a cd decreaser. SM says "hi".
Dying is no option.

Ads
Karl

Post#59 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:50 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:40 pm
Karl wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:28 pm
That fits well with a cd decreaser. SM says "hi".
Haha, i see what you did there... well played indeed :)

But as a SW (and beeing a casual player) i mostly get to PUG and WW co-cordination isn't the best there - yeah i get that game is built around gruops, but still... without the cd there was atlest one tool to bring to fort, city and zergs... :) naw now with changes to malus i fear that zergs are gonna grow even bigger...

Enuff from me now, time to play :)

Zxul

Post#60 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:02 pm

Spellbound wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:11 am I know programming and adjustments are slow on this server but wrong things are being addressed. You were supposed to buff Shadow Warriors then mild tweak them. Not gut them back.

Archmages need a ton of healing love too. They’re far behind their Shaman counterpart on defense abilities and being wanted in cities. Destro can do fine with 3 shaman in cities while Order hurt themselves the more they have.

Address AMs to be an effective healer, remove GTDC pull and just buff it’s damage, address the massive frame lag the client gives with melee squid herder bouncing, buff Order tanks slightly to encourage players to play them more and make IBs not a pain to manage. Focusing on Order tanks and healing which needs more focus why you see so many dps. Nerfing SW back to where they were isn’t going to help things.

After working on balance in DAOC, Warhammer Live, Phoenix DAOC, it’s painful to see things being ignored and wrong things being focused on and I can see and hear from friends playing both realms what the balance issues are. I can’t correct them but I’d figure eventually someone involved in balancing here will eventually see it.
Now lets get to the facts.

If am is such a worst healer than sham, care to explain how? Especially that unlike sham, am benefits from kotb's Focused Mending +15% healing? And as far as defense goes, cities don't have place to kite, while am m1 3.6 k absorb still works fine.

As for GTDC vs Rampage, it was discussed in plenty enough posts on forums.

Now, wp is already 20% (Exalted Defences) better healer than dok, 35% better when you count in kotb which is guaranteed to be in any premade party. And wp got a party wounds buff on top. And kotb is already the best tank for party in game (aforementioned Focused Mending and other buffs), better than chosen.

So why exactly order tanks and healers need buff, when they already have best tanks and healers in game, and still play dps?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh