Ads

Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
UnspeakableOath

Re: Patch Notes 01/07/2020

Post#91 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:45 pm

sogeou wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:36 pm
Akalukz wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:34 pm Let's go back to 40/50 with Conq gear please, game was much more balanced as gear creep wasn't nearly as bad. Same thing is happening here as on live. With more and more and better and better gear comes bigger issues.
But then all those huge guilds which farmed all that uber gear won't be able to kills under geared noobs.
I will say that jumping Destro for a few minutes to find and inspect the characters that can two-second kill me is a rewarding experience. Instead of getting frustrated at the class, or my seeming inability to grasp the playstyle, it turns out that I was getting ganked mostly by people in full Sov with endgame weapons. Makes you feel waaay better about yourself that you are just getting flattened by numbers rather than skill.

Of course, I don't know what it spells for longevity when new players spend time grinding a character to 40 and get whacked in two seconds with ability to respond meaningfully, but that's a problem with all pvp games that use a tiered gear system.

Ads
sogeou

Post#92 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:47 pm

Akalukz wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:42 pm
Akalukz wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:34 pm Let's go back to 40/50 with Conq gear please, game was much more balanced as gear creep wasn't nearly as bad. Same thing is happening here as on live. With more and more and better and better gear comes bigger issues.
But then all those huge guilds which farmed all that uber gear won't be able to kills under geared noobs.
Maybe the could go back and rework the lower level gear, or make "mid" level gear usable earlier. Possibly Just drop the sets by one. Move anni/conq/vang/invader all down a level requirements. Put people in Van gear at 40/50 and invader at 40/60, free the people, that way when they fight the "Gear Gods" they won't get 1.2.3.3 dead. Increase bolster to 40/50 for sub 40 players.
Problem is they should have the bolster not fall off when you hit rank 31. It also needs to be higher like you said, bolsters are limited because their soft caps are their current level instead of their bolstered level. I feel bolster should be on everyone to 40/50.

StrongUn

Post#93 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:01 pm

Alubert wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:42 pm
sogeou wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:18 pm
Alubert wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:12 pm Very good patch.
M1 was too strong like slayer rampage.
Now i only wait for RD, CW, TB. Small groups need some anti zerg tools :).
no, RD, CW , TB were terrible. Should never been in game.
I know, zergs players dont like RD, CW, TB

Can someone explain what RD, CW , TB is? ty

Akalukz

Post#94 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:02 pm

sogeou wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:47 pm
Akalukz wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:42 pm

Maybe the could go back and rework the lower level gear, or make "mid" level gear usable earlier. Possibly Just drop the sets by one. Move anni/conq/vang/invader all down a level requirements. Put people in Van gear at 40/50 and invader at 40/60, free the people, that way when they fight the "Gear Gods" they won't get 1.2.3.3 dead. Increase bolster to 40/50 for sub 40 players.
Problem is they should have the bolster not fall off when you hit rank 31. It also needs to be higher like you said, bolsters are limited because their soft caps are their current level instead of their bolstered level. I feel bolster should be on everyone to 40/50.
Yeah I am just at a loss for words as to why they don't want to make the 31--->Vanquisher gear better for their players. Gear stagnation for those that are less than hardcore.... is another huge issue. They need to take a good look at the current environment. This isn't people wanting stuff for free or anything else. This is people wanting a chance to face those that in a normal game wouldn''t even be in the same "area" a them.
-= Agony =-

StrongUn

Post#95 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:09 pm

Nameless wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:07 pm there are more engies than maguses by same reason (well one of the reasons) that make destro tanks more represented than orders tanks. It is the damn look. Just floating wizard thingie is not so desirable and popular and many ppl avoid it solely by that reason, on other hand engies looks pretty cool with all the cool design of their armor and shotguns. Phys << Magic damage difference, esp now with more armor values coming from new sets is enough to say that ST specs of maguses is superior vs ST spec of engies
Are you saying that Engies looks cooler than Magus? :o

chakzo

Post#96 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:15 pm

RD/CW/TB

Skills speccable via renown points at live servers

RD - resolute defence - active skill - granting 10 s imunity to any CC
CW - cleansing wind - active sklil - removes all curse/ailment/hexes
TB -trivial blows - passive sklil - reduces incoming crittical damage up to 50%

Rumpel

Post#97 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:21 pm

I would love a solution where geardifferences only consists in an optical and playstyle way. Like sets for every skilltree or different setbony, so player can chose which most fits to their belongs. Like the bubble boni on dominater , which is the reason I really like it. And for style I would do the same effort to gain a set or even more as for stats.

But such a redesign would be to much work I think.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Krulgu

Post#98 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:57 pm

hmm yes gobbo have autodebuff ( 25%) and a run speed , you have right......... for 2 tactics slots where the WL can have the jump for 5 points, that's mean a lvl 16 WL can jump, and just for info ,after jump WL has 35% run speed too, for 3 sec yes, where shaman has 5 sec 30 % run speed, believe me the guy who did this skill knew what he was doing, if per hasard gobbo proc you can even kill it, you run 5% faster for 3 sec enought for kill it, and all of this for 5 points not 10, not 3, but 5 !!! versus 2 tactics points for gobbo, yes milord, this is call balance here. And you have snare 40% too if you will be sure to kill it.

where all others MDPS have hard to catch shaman, only WL can easily, and not only shaman. Once more:where all other MDPS have 2 tools for contact, he have 3. gobbo run away nevertheless .... no problem : grap !!
Is for this remove one to WL give one more to slayer.

Ads
Lionplayer

Post#99 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:19 pm

sogeou wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:00 pm
Alubert wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:42 pm
sogeou wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:18 pm

no, RD, CW , TB were terrible. Should never been in game.
I know, zergs players dont like RD, CW, TB

No, people don't want I win buttons for people to run away. People just want to stop CC, Like a person sees a pull come, they pop the i win button to not get CC'ed. TB was stupid because there was no counter for it. CW was just stupid as well.
TB was a counter to the over powered critical hit value increase of doomflayer/warpforged. Imagine wanting a counter to a counter lol

jonspidy

Post#100 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:49 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:14 am
Kwatchi wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:47 am
jonspidy wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:19 am Apparently the immunity bypassing choppa pull wasn't. Yet another nerf to order i guess.
Don’t even bother. Some of us would be willing to lose Rampage just to get rid of that broken Gtdc garbage, but we’re not a forum spamming dps shammy so no one listens to us.
All because you can't manage to stay 40ft away from choppa?
It's not like you are suddenly out of guard range, because of the pull. Your tanks just move with you. You are closer to the enemy, there where you want to be.

@Krulgu: choppa pull is 40ft.
You don't think a 40ft undefendable immunity bypassing pull is not broken? Not to mention the movement speed increase it gives to the choppa to easily catch up to you and close that 40ft gap? By that logic revert WL pounce to what it was on live and just stay out of range of the WL's pounce.
Vanhel - Knight Of the Blazing Sun
"The hammer is not the answer to every military problem, for even the mightiest of hammers will miss its mark if the opponent is wise enough not to wait around to get crushed."