Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 10/06/2020 - Happy Birthday

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kragg

Re: Patch Notes 06/10/2020 - Happy Birthday

Post#141 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:14 am

Acidic wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:46 am Change to moral game has had an effect in destabilizing the balance between realms. Order has always and still have a advantage in raw damage and healing as has been shown manny times in the forums. The only thing Destro had to equalize this was a small increase in some pumps. This was weak advantage as order have solar flare and burning head. With the introduction of the moral change and no action on the damage and heal benefits on order there is a direct balance switch even further to order side.
That ' small increase' and ' weak advantage' was what alot of warbands were build around and have been a point of discussion since the beginning of the game. Instead of destabilizing 'even further', perhaps we should call it stabilizing instead?
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Ads
Acidic

Post#142 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:17 am

anarchypark wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:08 am
Acidic wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:46 am Change to moral game has had an effect in destabilizing the balance between realms. Order has always and still have a advantage in raw damage and healing as has been shown manny times in the forums. The only thing Destro had to equalize this was a small increase in some pumps. This was weak advantage as order have solar flare and burning head. With the introduction of the moral change and no action on the damage and heal benefits on order there is a direct balance switch even further to order side.

yea we all know about it in theory.
test samples are what we need.

if moral dmg is less useful, pump and drain also get less important.
or
cuz only dmg part was reduced, defensive and utility morales are more strong now. pump and drain get more important.

prophecy is enough, time to test.
Don’t realy need to test so much. Logic is simple here.

Win condition requires sufficient portion of enemy to be killed to win, else they can recover. Especially if Rez entire group order only skill is about.
This means the win condition is never going to be meet by morals that keep you alive, this just draws out a fight and as soon as a fight is drawn out moral pump is negated as it’s to the cooldown time anyway.
To achieve a win you need spike damage or constant damage > heal , with the current state order has the advantage here with the moral limited effect

jvlosky

Post#143 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:19 am

So funny seeing Destro self admit they had an advantage in boiling down the gameplay to morale bombs and then complain when their unfair advantage is taken away and they have to play the game just a little bit differently.

LMAO

Acidic

Post#144 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:20 am

Kragg wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:14 am
That ' small increase' and ' weak advantage' was what alot of warbands were build around and have been a point of discussion since the beginning of the game. Instead of destabilizing 'even further', perhaps we should call it stabilizing instead?
I would agree with the moral change if it was matched with tonging down order advantages of more damage and more heal. Stabilizing so that order wins with out effort is not what I think is good. Sounds like war lion logic.

Acidic

Post#145 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:22 am

jvlosky wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:19 am So funny seeing Destro self admit they had an advantage in boiling down the gameplay to morale bombs and then complain when their unfair advantage is taken away and they have to play the game just a little bit differently.

LMAO
Probably because you don’t read.
There has been manny discution on this and the common agreement is that this is Destro only win condition in a fair fight. Just look at bombligs 24v24 discution if in doubt
And just to be clear, I have for a long time advocated total removal of morals, so understand your issues. But tweaking things and not addressing the other issues is just wrong

Jeliel80

Post#146 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:29 am

Morale changes, best changes in ages, now we have a real game.
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81
Jelielina - AM 81

anarchypark

Post#147 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:32 am

Acidic wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:17 am
Spoiler:
anarchypark wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:08 am

yea we all know about it in theory.
test samples are what we need.

if moral dmg is less useful, pump and drain also get less important.
or
cuz only dmg part was reduced, defensive and utility morales are more strong now. pump and drain get more important.

prophecy is enough, time to test.
Don’t realy need to test so much. Logic is simple here.

Win condition requires sufficient portion of enemy to be killed to win, else they can recover. Especially if Rez entire group order only skill is about.
This means the win condition is never going to be meet by morals that keep you alive, this just draws out a fight and as soon as a fight is drawn out moral pump is negated as it’s to the cooldown time anyway.
To achieve a win you need spike damage or constant damage > heal , with the current state order has the advantage here with the moral limited effect

while you're focused on win/lose.
battle quality is also important.
specially when every battle create losers, negative experience.
too fast killing is boring. none killed also boring. to find balance you need to test.

p.s
are you talking about 5sec cast 3m CD RP rez? what was the range of it btw.
is this serious? genuine question.
cuz i never met/saw/heard 1 using it.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Acidic

Post#148 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:41 am

anarchypark wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:32 am ...
Yes.
But to the point , I gave my feedback and stand by it. This thread is not to discuss my points but to give dev feedback from different perspectives

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#149 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:49 am

Acidic wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:41 am
Yes.
But to the point , I gave my feedback and stand by it. This thread is not to discuss my points but to give dev feedback from different perspectives
The problem with your point of view is, that the usual order win rate in cities was 40%(correct?). What was the reason for this? Destro was just more organized in all the instances/had better players?

According to discord last city was 10vs8 for order, which sounds quite balanced.
The morale change (which is still new and ppl have to research new strategies) seems to work. Your theorycrafting about more raw dmg on order (maybe true), seems to have no real impact on city results for now.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

anarchypark

Post#150 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:02 am

Acidic wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:41 am
Yes.
so i asked is your feedback based on field test or not. to measure how much values in it.
and day1 theorycrafting is... is it feedback?
no hard feeling, go test more, that's all.
peace( or waaaar )
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)