Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 13/05/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sundowner

Re: Patch Notes 13/05/2020

Post#31 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:16 pm

Loner tactic on WL still not working after rest.

Ads
Grimir

Post#32 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:17 pm

I was secretly hoping that you devs could decide to remove those 2 invaders token for prefort zone defense, reward that for me has literally killed the pvp in prefort zone due to mass xrealming and log in only to get them but, well, nothing about this....

Dragnor

Post#33 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:26 pm

Grimir wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:17 pm I was secretly hoping that you devs could decide to remove those 2 invaders token for prefort zone defense, reward that for me has literally killed the pvp in prefort zone due to mass xrealming and log in only to get them but, well, nothing about this....
It was bad when It was 4 invaders, now It si ok. I have seen balanced populations in eu prime time now for couple of days.

Grimir

Post#34 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:34 pm

Dragnor wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:26 pmIt was bad when It was 4 invaders, now It si ok. I have seen balanced populations in eu prime time now for couple of days.
250 vs 550 like those last days is balanced ? M'kay...
On another topic, people complaining about cities that don't pop in EU prime time. And they don't pop because mass players xrealm in prefort defense just to get 2 fckin tokens. It's the same story day after day since this reward is on.

But enough said about this. Devs have decided to not change this, well, ok, i'll deal with it...

M0rw47h

Post#35 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:34 pm

Grunbag wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:51 pm
Wam wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:43 pm
Dissolving Mist and Napalm Grenade

- Base damage and Primary Stat Mult have both been increased significantly.

This is to follow up on changes last week that removed the ability for this damage to crit and deal proc damage. Testing with 1100 INT and damage buff from the pet, unmitigiated, Dissolving Mist deals about 700 damage every 2s at the third stage of the damage ramp. This should make this 13pt spec ability less trivial for PvP uses, but will still be monitored over the next patch to see if it is still over/underperforming.
You really do not want successful fort attacks do you? :lol: They never happen in EU prime... and this make it even more less likely

In current state of game this is a very bad change that favours bunkering and defending which is already super favoured... and also will make "why order suck so bad in cities" enhanced because of changes like this... then they will cry to get destro nerfed because they don't have walls to hide behind in city and take full advantage of easy siege choke mechanics. Talk about adding fuel to the fire.

This change will rinse the pug groups even more... ROF & NAPALM / MIST / POS is problem part of the game... why make it worse? I do not understand.

Ain’t what engineer are designed for ?

Just quoting the career description :
class details: “Engineers are defensive ranged fighters who specialize in gadgets and black powder weapons. The engineers many mechanical aids include turrets and traps, which allow them to prepare the battlefield for either an offensive ambush or a strategic defense.”
I think, Engineer needs his "loner" tactic more than anything to promote more mobile play.

Sulorie

Post#36 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:44 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:34 pm
I think, Engineer needs his "loner" tactic more than anything to promote more mobile play.
Engi had tools to play mobile on live, why you think they can't be mobile here?
Dying is no option.

Omegus

Post#37 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:56 pm

BelligerentBob wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:57 pm FINALLY! Magus and Engineers will be desired for war bands for things other than rifting.

Now make everyone's channeled abilities end when LOS'd or out of range.
Before any of these changes our city WB non-rift Magus was doing 1k on crits with Mists, so no, these changes won't suddenly make Magus and Engis "desired". They were mostly undesired before 2 weeks ago when the damage and procs were nerfed, and having the damage still lower than pre-nerf levels won't change that.

I'm not advocating for a further damage increase to mists (700 ticks for a fire and forget skill... the Zealot's version which costs a tactic slot does 150 flat damage which cannot be increased :/), just explaining that this is not the change you are looking for to make people embrace Magus and Engis :P
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

M0rw47h

Post#38 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:59 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:44 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:34 pm
Engi had tools to play mobile on live, why you think they can't be mobile here?
They lose too much damage output (provided by turret) by playing mobile at this moment.
It's one of main reasons organized WBs don't want engis in their DPS slots, sometimes you can pick one for utility - if you accept his damage will be crap compared to BW/SL/WL.

Ads
moch

Post#39 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:02 pm

Grimir wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:34 pm
Dragnor wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:26 pmIt was bad when It was 4 invaders, now It si ok. I have seen balanced populations in eu prime time now for couple of days.
250 vs 550 like those last days is balanced ? M'kay...
On another topic, people complaining about cities that don't pop in EU prime time. And they don't pop because mass players xrealm in prefort defense just to get 2 fckin tokens. It's the same story day after day since this reward is on.

But enough said about this. Devs have decided to not change this, well, ok, i'll deal with it...
Yeah i agreed. The problem has been mitigated, but it continue to persist.

Dragnor

Post#40 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:11 pm

- Set the number of available RvR tactic slots to 0 (These were removed in patch 1.4.0 in 2010)

I dont belieave that is right, I do remember having rvr tactics even at the very last day and I can see them on my videos. But maybe they were just placeholders at that point, Its a long time. But anyway the change is good, so that It does not confuse people here, just had to point out the comment. :)