Patch Notes 13/05/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Starx

Re: Patch Notes 13/05/2020

Post#51 » Thu May 14, 2020 12:35 am

Wam wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:43 pm
Dissolving Mist and Napalm Grenade

- Base damage and Primary Stat Mult have both been increased significantly.

This is to follow up on changes last week that removed the ability for this damage to crit and deal proc damage. Testing with 1100 INT and damage buff from the pet, unmitigiated, Dissolving Mist deals about 700 damage every 2s at the third stage of the damage ramp. This should make this 13pt spec ability less trivial for PvP uses, but will still be monitored over the next patch to see if it is still over/underperforming.
You really do not want successful fort attacks do you? :lol: They never happen in EU prime... and this make it even more less likely

In current state of game this is a very bad change that favours bunkering and defending which is already super favoured... and also will make "why order suck so bad in cities" enhanced because of changes like this... then they will cry to get destro nerfed because they don't have walls to hide behind in city and take full advantage of easy siege choke mechanics. Talk about adding fuel to the fire.

This change will rinse the pug groups even more... ROF & NAPALM / MIST / POS is problem part of the game... why make it worse? I do not understand.
It's not a buff

see this bug report from 2 weeks ago: https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/16586
Mist and Napalm were victims of... blasting pot nerfs. We are going going from a direct damage ability that could crit and proc things, to a strictly DoT effect that cannot crit or proc anything.

If it is the team intention to restore mist/napalm to what it was 2 week ago, it will needs to deal pretty crazy flat damage. Engineer/Magus are able to get some pretty high crit ratings on mist and napalm, which is now totally null and void. Not being able to proc anything etc... this should all be taken into account.

As for the comment about forts and bunkering, to claim magus/engineer are even the worst offenders contributing to this is pretty laughable when you look at a skill like RoF. Magus and Engineer need all the help they can get, they are pretty much the we/wh of ranged classes (pariahs). The meta in terms of attacking/defending needs to be changed on a systems level not a class level anyways. Siege equipment needs to be overhauled, respawning in keeps, forts are as far as I know getting a rework which will hopefully be advantageous to attackers etc...

Edit: As far as testing mist, 700 with hardcapped int and pet buff is what im getting as well. After spirit res, and toughness we can expect a lot less... considering its something you can just walk out of and takes 20 seconds to even ramp up to that point I would hardly call it potent enough to be a 13 pt ability or even as good as it was before with the ability to crit etc... but that's just my opinion :pensive:

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#52 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:52 am

Starx wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:35 am
It's not a buff

see this bug report from 2 weeks ago: https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/16586
Mist and Napalm were victims of... blasting pot nerfs. We are going going from a direct damage ability that could crit and proc things, to a strictly DoT effect that cannot crit or proc anything.

If it is the team intention to restore mist/napalm to what it was 2 week ago, it will needs to deal pretty crazy flat damage. Engineer/Magus are able to get some pretty high crit ratings on mist and napalm, which is now totally null and void. Not being able to proc anything etc... this should all be taken into account.

As for the comment about forts and bunkering, to claim magus/engineer are even the worst offenders contributing to this is pretty laughable when you look at a skill like RoF. Magus and Engineer need all the help they can get, they are pretty much the we/wh of ranged classes (pariahs). The meta in terms of attacking/defending needs to be changed on a systems level not a class level anyways. Siege equipment needs to be overhauled, respawning in keeps, forts are as far as I know getting a rework which will hopefully be advantageous to attackers etc...

Edit: As far as testing mist, 700 with hardcapped int and pet buff is what im getting as well. After spirit res, and toughness we can expect a lot less... considering its something you can just walk out of and takes 20 seconds to even ramp up to that point I would hardly call it potent enough to be a 13 pt ability or even as good as it was before with the ability to crit etc... but that's just my opinion :pensive:
Some data on this will be nice to see.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Starx

Post#53 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:30 am

wargrimnir wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:52 am
Some data on this will be nice to see.
https://imgur.com/a/bKBEDwl

Tested in duels and against someone in CW, you can see my int and 8 stacks from magus pet. Duel was against choppa, and second pic in CW is against a WL both well geared.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#54 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:34 am

Cool, that's right around where it was expected to be. Once we add crits back to it, should be fine.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

wonshot

Post#55 » Thu May 14, 2020 3:43 am

Meleehealer shields: Amazing work, abit of a shame these are buckler sieze but i can also see why. Still very nice to see, and made me really want to grind some of these apperances on my WP. I cant even begin to imagine how excited some of the Shield-mains are over this!

followup question; Were these homemade from the RoR team like the event spiderweb cloak, or already in the database? and how likely are we to see more apperances added to the more restricted classes that have "simular" looks from T1 to Sove?"

Event slot items: An other great addition to the game! I was thinking a week or two ago, how some of the archtypes might have felt left out when the weekly event item is 3%crit chance but if you are playing a defensive build or tank, compared to the previous weeks with 3 defensive mainstats. So giving out even items each week for each archtype, is wonderful news! (keep the requirements realistic though, 500kills was abit much last week)

Napalm & Mist: Yeah I got these abilities got broken with the Blastpotion patch, and fixing them is only fair.
However....
Changing these Fire 'n forget abilities really do put fuel on the funnel-situation, that has been needing some dire attention for a long while.
Im playing my utility warband engineer because of the sheer raw control and debuffing value you can do within a brief moment of keypresses. Staggering up to a full warband if they are tightly packed, knocking down a full frontline (at the cost of two tactics to make the turret maybe live and giving up you entire class mechanic) while also dropping a Fire and forget pulsing zone mixed with overtuned Conq 25% init debuffing all within roughly 4sec is amazing value to an organized force.
Allowing these two abilities to crit will probably not do any harm in the dull funnelsituations, since they have the restrictions to not stacking like Rain of fire or Pit of Shade. However making them too powerful is not helping the situation either, give the love to these immobile camping classes elsewhere. Like a Loner tactic where you dont get any of the goodies from your turrets but just the raw damage to allow the classes into anything that is more competitive than a funnel.

Napalm being able to proc Pierce defence tactic and conq init is probably the highest value keypress you can ever do in largescale, toneing that down should be met with the same broken logic as to why DPSzealot & runepriest had to get their niece warband builds ripped apart, if we are to follow that same strict line. Just saying.

But instead of ripping the feeling of contributing to these largescale fights, that are already pretty dull and uninteractive, how about allowing the classes some more fun and engaging gameplay. Heck, maybe the dwarfs wouldnt be so round if they got out of the keep some more and roamed the streets of lovely praag;)

All in all, a really good patch once again and nice reactiontime on fixing stuff that unfortuneatly got broken in previous patches! Keep it up and thanks for your time!
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Starx

Post#56 » Thu May 14, 2020 4:36 am

wargrimnir wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:34 am Cool, that's right around where it was expected to be. Once we add crits back to it, should be fine.
Nice, I think with crit it will be back to where it was.

rafiozo

Post#57 » Thu May 14, 2020 6:57 am

Hi guys,

thx for patch.

could i have 1 request

Can you add shield variety that WP gets with this patch to KOTBS shields that can get ?
i know that like 50% of them already you can get but rest you cant right now.

https://imgur.com/a/RRbCOaa

T1 PvE/Quests/PQ
RR19 Scenario
T2 RvR green merchant & drops
T3 PvE/Quests/PQ
T3 RvR green merchant & drops

Caspersky

Post#58 » Thu May 14, 2020 8:39 am

Old timer here. Thanks for the patch!

Ads
wraithghost

Post#59 » Thu May 14, 2020 9:17 am

wargrimnir wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:34 am Cool, that's right around where it was expected to be. Once we add crits back to it, should be fine.
Great news, thanks.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#60 » Thu May 14, 2020 9:56 am

wonshot wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:43 am Meleehealer shields: Amazing work, abit of a shame these are buckler sieze but i can also see why. Still very nice to see, and made me really want to grind some of these apperances on my WP. I cant even begin to imagine how excited some of the Shield-mains are over this!

followup question; Were these homemade from the RoR team like the event spiderweb cloak, or already in the database? and how likely are we to see more apperances added to the more restricted classes that have "simular" looks from T1 to Sove?"
All bucklers are a modified Kotbs/Black Guard model (initially there was no dok/wp bucker in the client). You can see the live i did when i worked on it.