Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 29/04/2020 - Ranked Scenarios

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
inflamez

Re: Patch Notes 29/04/2020 - Ranked Scenarios

Post#81 » Fri May 01, 2020 9:57 am

played some ranked games so far the experience hasnt been quite good. a lot of games go through though one team starts with 5 players making the game a 5vs6 eventually which you cannot do anything about. sometimes the scoreboard screen bugs out and you cannot remove it from the middle of your screen so you are forced to play the game with only half of the field of view you should have due to the bug

maybe this is due to my lack of knowledge but what requirements do you have to meet in order to be eligible to receive the triumphant emblems at the end of a ranked match? or are they only rewarded weekly?

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#82 » Fri May 01, 2020 10:26 am

inflamez wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:57 am played some ranked games so far the experience hasnt been quite good. a lot of games go through though one team starts with 5 players making the game a 5vs6 eventually which you cannot do anything about. sometimes the scoreboard screen bugs out and you cannot remove it from the middle of your screen so you are forced to play the game with only half of the field of view you should have due to the bug

maybe this is due to my lack of knowledge but what requirements do you have to meet in order to be eligible to receive the triumphant emblems at the end of a ranked match? or are they only rewarded weekly?
You can remove that screen by clicking on scenario sign up icon or by doing /rel to reload your UI.

My issue with ranked is completly different, why do I get Conq geared people against guys in full Sov?
I've no idea how I achieved positive winrate in last 35 games as Order, gear difference between Order and Destro toons is just...

inflamez

Post#83 » Fri May 01, 2020 10:38 am

M0rw47h wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:26 am
inflamez wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:57 am played some ranked games so far the experience hasnt been quite good. a lot of games go through though one team starts with 5 players making the game a 5vs6 eventually which you cannot do anything about. sometimes the scoreboard screen bugs out and you cannot remove it from the middle of your screen so you are forced to play the game with only half of the field of view you should have due to the bug

You can remove that screen by clicking on scenario sign up icon or by doing /rel to reload your UI.

i didnt work thats why i said its a bug

StaH84

Post#84 » Fri May 01, 2020 10:56 am

inflamez wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:57 am sometimes the scoreboard screen bugs out and you cannot remove it from the middle of your screen so you are forced to play the game with only half of the field of view you should have due to the bug
The solution I found for now is to click expanded scenario info and then on X on top right corner od the screen.
M0rw47h wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:26 am My issue with ranked is completly different, why do I get Conq geared people against guys in full Sov?
I think it looks now that way because we all started with the same MMR. It will eventually fade away because Sov geared players will win more.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn." - Alfred Pennyworth.

And these men are:
Bjoorn Wanderer - Chaos Chosen - 40 - 68
Dasmarta - Greenskin Choppa - 40 - 39
Waladan - Dark Elf Disciple of Khaine - 32 - 32

babanovac

Post#85 » Fri May 01, 2020 11:25 am

Please please revert the 4 invaders for defending the last zone. It has had a horrible impact in the campaign. Destruction keep throwing the middle zones so that they can farm those 4 invaders.

Demonthyr

Post#86 » Fri May 01, 2020 11:55 am

Hi,
Thanks for the patch and all the work you achieved in it. Sorry for my english but wanted to give my opinion on few important points as your work deserve some feedback.
  • Really good how you listened to your community concerning the matter of the invader tokens, really.
    It was painful to have invader tokens as a 70+ and i won't be able to use the new system as i already finished this armor but i'm really happy for the others players, it will be more logical and easy to earn and more "casual" friendly. And for us who are already finished with invader it will give us more challenge/difficulty to fight against more equiped people.
    Really good to have put invader tokens on a zone defense before a fort too.
    Clever move here ! /bow ;)
  • Concerning the ranked sc...hm hm. Good idea to put new armor but i find the stats on it a bit excessive. Just an example, it's a basic one and i'm not speaking here of char optimization : on kotbs for the offensive set if i only consider offensive stats as strenght and weapon skill and comparing offensive sov, warlord and victorious together :
    Sovereign : + 154 points (just an addition of strenght + weapon skill as i said)
    Warlord :+135 points
    Victorious : +262 Points... isn't it a bit much ?
    Concerning the set bonuses i would say 3 of them have their pro and cons and i didn't especially see something shocking there.
    Haven't compared the defensive sets together yet or the others class sets but i guess it's the same gap between victorious and other armors ?
    Would be curious to know but if it's the case, it could be good to slightly reduce the Victorious stats..

Other point is that base items prices on a rank, when the ranked sc are actually stone paper scissor + luck about people equipment, it depends with who you fight so it means you'll pay for the mistake of others and the others will pay for yours.

Considering that, base the item price on a rank you obtain this way is for me an heresy.

If it was 1v1 i wouldnt be annoyed by this as we deal with our own mistakes but here it's for me too "random" to be a minimum fair.

In my opinion it's really needed to put the same items price for everyone, if it's not changed i think it's a big mistake.

To have gap between players that have more time to play and other that have play less is normal in an mmo and we cant complain about this, but here, equity speaking i think it's needed to not let it like this.
    Anyway players that wont win a lot of sc will have less token so will already encounter a lot more difficulty to buy the new items, if you add to that the fact that the price are based on rank it will probably conclude on more equipment difference than now, and for one or the other side i dont see any fun to walk on the opponent without a minimum of resistance, so i encourage you to pay attention to this.
    • Last but not least : in ranked sc and everywhere in the game in general a bit less toxicity from some of you would be appreciated. Didn't have been personally recently involved in the last scs but to say to others that they are noob, that it's better for them to not queue because they have shitty equipment, or to insult them have never shown signs of atmosphere improvement, it just shows that you are not mature enough to play with others on an online game.
      It's perhaps sad to say, but i'll always prefer a bad but respectful player than a crying raging child pooing all his rage in an online game because he is losing or because players are not following his majesty orders.
      So again and it's here, and if i was able to find it everyone can :viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13607
      1.1 Don't Be A ****
      We are all here to play and enjoy the game. Attacking other players in chat, trolling players in general with toxic attitudes, or finding other creative ways to disrupt other players from enjoying their time here. None of this is appreciated.
      Respect is the word, whether you hate someone or simply think they're a bad player, you can be respectful. Keep in mind this is just a game, and there is no reason and no place for real grieves/grudges
      This said, some players could read a minimum the rules or be a bit more understanding of the game or of some of the basics (...), but it's definitely not a reason to spit on them, we all do mistakes, and we are all the noob of someone else.
      There are differents profiles in mmo, we all know it, deal with it and be respectuous, improve your capacity to exprim yourself, we are all supposed to accept critics but there are way to expose them, or go somewhere else.
      Real life is full of idiots but if it's your case do an effort and don't be ingame too, i think we are a lot to enjoy to log in to have some fun without seeing useless and not needed toxic behavior.

It was just a reminder but luckily the community of this game is really good and toxic messages are nothing compared to the friendly behavior of the most of us ;)
    Thank you for the patch and to continue to allow us to play our favorite game, it's still a real and intact pleasure to be able to play with all of you here after all this years.
    See you on battlefield !
Last edited by Demonthyr on Fri May 01, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kanzen, Knight of the blasing sun / Demonthyr, chosen of the dark gods

Haskr

Post#87 » Fri May 01, 2020 12:10 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:26 am

My issue with ranked is completly different, why do I get Conq geared people against guys in full Sov?
People in Sov win the matches but don't need the set.
People in Conq want the set but can't win the matches.

-> and that's already the end of the new ranked sc: by the time you are able to really carry and participate in them, you don't need them anymore.

Shadowgurke

Post#88 » Fri May 01, 2020 12:23 pm

Haskr wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:10 pm
People in Sov win the matches but don't need the set.
People in Conq want the set but can't win the matches.

-> and that's already the end of the new ranked sc: by the time you are able to really carry and participate in them, you don't need them anymore.
People who are BiS (Sov) play for the competitive aspect. There is no need for a set thats even better than Sov and for some classes this mixes better with Sov than Warlord.
People who have really good gear will rank higher and get the set faster => this is good
People who don't have good gear will rank lower and get the set slower => also good, otherwise you would skip vanq / PvE dungeons.

As for the actual carry aspect, you can carry with Conq and most definitely with Vanq / Invader. Wearing Sov makes it easier but blaming gear alone is not the right way. Also the MMR should kick in eventually and match you with equal opponents

Ads
engharat

Post#89 » Fri May 01, 2020 12:27 pm

babanovac wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:25 am Please please revert the 4 invaders for defending the last zone. It has had a horrible impact in the campaign. Destruction keep throwing the middle zones so that they can farm those 4 invaders.
Why are order lets destro win so easily last defending zone before fort then? why after conquering middle zone they don't seriously push last zone for getting a fort?
it isn't a fault of destro; they successfully defend last zone because order is not putting enough effort. now throwing for forts is no more a thing, you get a fort if you deserve it.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#90 » Fri May 01, 2020 12:30 pm

I forgot to mention in the patchnote that I fixed the issue with tzeentch firestorm
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer