Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 29/04/2020 - Ranked Scenarios

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sulorie

Re: Patch Notes 29/04/2020 - Ranked Scenarios

Post#91 » Fri May 01, 2020 12:49 pm

babanovac wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:25 am Please please revert the 4 invaders for defending the last zone. It has had a horrible impact in the campaign. Destruction keep throwing the middle zones so that they can farm those 4 invaders.
Why would they, if you get even more invader in city and it takes less time to win fort than to push mid and end zone again.
Dying is no option.

Ads
dalen
Developer

Post#92 » Fri May 01, 2020 12:59 pm

inflamez wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:38 am
M0rw47h wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:26 am
inflamez wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:57 am played some ranked games so far the experience hasnt been quite good. a lot of games go through though one team starts with 5 players making the game a 5vs6 eventually which you cannot do anything about. sometimes the scoreboard screen bugs out and you cannot remove it from the middle of your screen so you are forced to play the game with only half of the field of view you should have due to the bug

maybe this is due to my lack of knowledge but what requirements do you have to meet in order to be eligible to receive the triumphant emblems at the end of a ranked match? or are they only rewarded weekly?
You can remove that screen by clicking on scenario sign up icon or by doing /rel to reload your UI.

i didnt work thats why i said its a bug
A fix for this will be deployed in next hotfix.
Source Developer

M0rw47h

Post#93 » Fri May 01, 2020 1:01 pm

Shadowgurke wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:23 pm
Haskr wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:10 pm
People in Sov win the matches but don't need the set.
People in Conq want the set but can't win the matches.

-> and that's already the end of the new ranked sc: by the time you are able to really carry and participate in them, you don't need them anymore.
People who are BiS (Sov) play for the competitive aspect. There is no need for a set thats even better than Sov and for some classes this mixes better with Sov than Warlord.
People who have really good gear will rank higher and get the set faster => this is good
People who don't have good gear will rank lower and get the set slower => also good, otherwise you would skip vanq / PvE dungeons.

As for the actual carry aspect, you can carry with Conq and most definitely with Vanq / Invader. Wearing Sov makes it easier but blaming gear alone is not the right way. Also the MMR should kick in eventually and match you with equal opponents
We either need higher gear requirements to join ranked, or bracket based on gear.
I find it extremly disgusting that in half of my matches I do more damage as tank than my DPS. It's ridiculous.

babanovac

Post#94 » Fri May 01, 2020 1:01 pm

engharat wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:27 pm
babanovac wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:25 am Please please revert the 4 invaders for defending the last zone. It has had a horrible impact in the campaign. Destruction keep throwing the middle zones so that they can farm those 4 invaders.
Why are order lets destro win so easily last defending zone before fort then? why after conquering middle zone they don't seriously push last zone for getting a fort?
it isn't a fault of destro; they successfully defend last zone because order is not putting enough effort. now throwing for forts is no more a thing, you get a fort if you deserve it.
I'm not sure you understand the situation we're in right now. Please log in the game and see for yourself. Order does not let destro easily defend the last zone. Order never had a chance in the first first place. All day today order have been outnumbered. Destro could have easily taken the middle zones. But they didn't they preferred to let order lock them so that they can defend the last zone. And when i say defend i mean rofl stomp order with 100+ their numbers.

The 4 invaders crests have made the entire campaign extremely exploitable.

Telen
Suspended

Post#95 » Fri May 01, 2020 2:04 pm

Tbh anyone that didnt see the predictabilitiy of instead of throwing end zone just throwing mid instead needs a brain scan. Unless rewards are uniform based on your renown rank then there will always be somewhere you want to lose to get to the reward you want.

inflamez

Post#96 » Fri May 01, 2020 2:17 pm

dalen wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:59 pm
inflamez wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:38 am
M0rw47h wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:26 am

You can remove that screen by clicking on scenario sign up icon or by doing /rel to reload your UI.

i didnt work thats why i said its a bug
A fix for this will be deployed in next hotfix.
please hotfix 5vs6 going through aswell, i had several games start 5vs6 and these games are basically unwinable but the enemies keep getting MMR + renown

-Matchmaking rating will additionally be used to pair players together of similar matchmaking rating in the Solo queue type.
-The longer time elapses without a queue pop, the more matchmaking is expanded for that player to additional ranges.

how does this apply and in what intervals does the range increase to find opponents? ive been playing vs 1800+ mmr people several times now with a team full of 1400-1100 and we get to play vs each other instantly again after requeueing so this might need some tweaking aswell?

CountTalabecland

Post#97 » Fri May 01, 2020 2:43 pm

Telen wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:04 pm Tbh anyone that didnt see the predictabilitiy of instead of throwing end zone just throwing mid instead needs a brain scan. Unless rewards are uniform based on your renown rank then there will always be somewhere you want to lose to get to the reward you want.
Agreed, this patch was a step in the right direction but midzone is still a gear deadzone without a chance for Invader under this system. Without uniformity ppl are going to go where they can get the best reward, just like farming AAO.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Haskr

Post#98 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:01 pm

Shadowgurke wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:23 pm
Haskr wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:10 pm
People in Sov win the matches but don't need the set.
People in Conq want the set but can't win the matches.

-> and that's already the end of the new ranked sc: by the time you are able to really carry and participate in them, you don't need them anymore.
People who are BiS (Sov) play for the competitive aspect.
:lol:

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#99 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Haskr wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:01 pm People who are BiS (Sov) play for the competitive aspect.
Sure and I bet they all equip Oppressor to get just that

inflamez

Post#100 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:13 pm

please reconsider the mmr and gear changes, before the hotfix i could basically spam ranked queue nonstop but with the new restrictions it seems to be unplayable