Ads

Patch Notes 29/04/2020 - Ranked Scenarios

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Telen
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 29/04/2020 - Ranked Scenarios

Post#151 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:46 pm

I got that since coming back in about 2 weeks of very sporadic playing. Just turn up for every lock.

Ads
Theseus

Post#152 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:47 pm

A question to the latest hotfix:
Do I get the Invader meds if I have the oppressor set, or do I have to farm the vanquisher?
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#153 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:58 pm

Theseus wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:47 pm A question to the latest hotfix:
Do I get the Invader meds if I have the oppressor set, or do I have to farm the vanquisher?
You will get invader medallions for:
-Fort win/lose
-City win/lose (under RR70)

You will not get invader medallions for:
-Pre-fort zone defense (vanq unlock needed)
-T4 lock bags gold/purp (vanq unlock needed)

Theseus

Post#154 » Mon May 04, 2020 3:00 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:58 pm
-Fort win/lose

Yeah, I know that. But if you read carfully, you will see that you need the vanquisher tome unlock.
So my question is, if I need the vanquisher or if Oppressor which is the equal set from scenarios will also work.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#155 » Mon May 04, 2020 3:12 pm

Theseus wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:00 pm
-Fort win/lose

Yeah, I know that. But if you read carfully, you will see that you need the vanquisher tome unlock.
So my question is, if I need the vanquisher or if Oppressor which is the equal set from scenarios will also work.
There is no mention to oppressor unlock in any point of the patch...usually the unlocks are to the same game content...

Kloaner

Post#156 » Mon May 04, 2020 3:47 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:45 pm
RORquest wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:23 pm vanq tome unlock has killed alt gearing for me oh well
The vanq unlock is only needed to get the inv medallions for zone defense orthe invader meds from T4 zone locks gold/purp bags => you will get inv from forts/city without vanq unlock...also can wear invader set without vanq unlock...
so it's better to do something else and not defend the Endzone, just wait for City. Overall that Hotfix changed one thing, we went from xrealm to avoid each other. Right now, KV --> ~300 Blue vs ~150 Red & Caledor ~100 Blue vs. ~300 Red
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Theseus

Post#157 » Mon May 04, 2020 3:49 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:12 pm
Theseus wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:00 pm

-Fort win/lose

There is no mention to oppressor unlock in any point of the patch...usually the unlocks are to the same game content...
Wouldn't make sense though, as there is not equal sc set to invader. So that would mean that off tanks or other players with sc builds would have to do both while players with usual builds would not. That seems counterproductive.
Andyrion Ulthenair
Arphyrion Soulblade

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#158 » Mon May 04, 2020 4:46 pm

Kloaner wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:47 pm so it's better to do something else and not defend the Endzone, just wait for City.
If the only thing you want to do with your high geared character is sitting waiting for city....well, i wonder what you will do when your main get all the BiS gear....what you will wait for when dont need any more gear??

I like gear progression but you cant bind all the progression to gear....

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#159 » Mon May 04, 2020 4:54 pm

RORquest wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:41 pm 901 meds no effort? ok dude lol
Yes.

emiliorv wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:46 pm
Kloaner wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:47 pm so it's better to do something else and not defend the Endzone, just wait for City.
If the only thing you want to do with your high geared character is sitting waiting for city....well, i wonder what you will do when your main get all the BiS gear....what you will wait for when dont need any more gear??

I like gear progression but you cant bind all the progression to gear....
He will wait for ultimate end game content to get released - the waiting room.

nat3s

Post#160 » Mon May 04, 2020 5:42 pm

3 big issues with the new invader medallions design imo:

1. Getting into a fort is really tough with 2100 online and only 400 fort spaces. I logged in today at 5:10pm straight after work as pre-fort zone was about to be capped. Unsurprisingly couldnt catch up on contrib so I ended up sat doing literally nothing for my first hour in game on the fort border hoping to get in. That's a rubbish play experience and will lose you players. I DONT WANT free invader, but I DO WANT that chance to earn the medallions so I can gradually earn invader... I earned my invader set on Magus when pop was 800 in like 3 months as fort spaces were reliable, it'll take around 1 year on my WE due to the current pop.

2. People will continue to reach rr80 with like 15 invader medallions and be invader sov blocked. Invader takes many many months to acquire currently, even post these changes, sov is comparatively easy and that's because ALL can queue for Cities, but very few get the chance to enter a fort... Also consider a good chunk of those in fort are players like Bombling who simply dont need the invader, blocking people like me who would love a chance to earn them...

3. The vanq requirement for def medallions is a terrible design. By the time you have full vanq you'll be rr80 and be blocked on buying Sov. It doesnt improve invader acquisition rates as people think. The bag solution is a positive change, but id much rather be able to join a fort to earn my medals thanks!

We either need to get the pop back down to 800 ish ASAP so fort spaces are reliable again or do something like:

1. Remove the vanq requirement for defence invaders.
2. Increase invader bag drop to 2 medallions.
3. INCREASE THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE ALLOWED IN A FORT ALREADY

Emphasis on 3 as it's blindingly obvious and I've no idea why it hasnt happened yet!
Last edited by nat3s on Mon May 04, 2020 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG