Patch Notes 29/04/2020 - Ranked Scenarios

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 29/04/2020 - Ranked Scenarios

Post#161 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:03 pm

nat3s wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:42 pm 2. 4/6 vanq rr 75
How the hell you reach RR75 and only got 4 vanq pieces?? My higher RR char is 65 and got full vanq at RR63....and got some repeated pieces from gold bags...im a very casual player, so more dedicated players will have a easier time getting vanq...
I really cant understand all this drama about the vanq unlock...really is hard to believe that somene can reach rr75 and not full vanq...

Ads
nat3s

Post#162 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:09 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:03 pm
nat3s wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:42 pm 2. 4/6 vanq rr 75
How the hell you reach RR75 and only got 4 vanq pieces?? My higher RR char is 65 and got full vanq at RR63....and got some repeated pieces from gold bags...im a very casual player, so more dedicated players will have a easier time getting vanq...
I really cant understand all this drama about the vanq unlock...really is hard to believe that somene can reach rr75 and not full vanq...

Hmm not sure, i usually finish vanq around 75-80. Might be because im exclusively a solo roamer in the lakes which means my renown per hour is probably higher than yours. Typically earn 100k/hour on Mag, WE, WL, dps AM and dps Sham (classes picked specifically to solo roam).

Either that or it could be my play sessions. I hold down a regular 9-5 job and spend time with the kids on the weekend so my typical play session is 2 hours at most. Short bursts of high renown so not many rvr bags.
Last edited by nat3s on Mon May 04, 2020 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#163 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 pm

nat3s wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:42 pm 2. People will continue to reach rr80 with like 15 invader medallions and be invader sov blocked. Invader takes many many months to acquire currently, even post these changes, sov is comparatively easy and that's because ALL can queue for Cities, but very few get the chance to enter a fort... Also consider a good chunk of those in fort are players like Bombling who simply dont need the invader, blocking people like me who would love a chance to earn them...
Dont worry, you will not get any more Royal crest from city until you get the invader set unlock, instead royals you will get invader medallions until get the invader unlock => maybe read the full patch notes before post

nat3s

Post#164 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:16 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 pm
nat3s wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:42 pm 2. People will continue to reach rr80 with like 15 invader medallions and be invader sov blocked. Invader takes many many months to acquire currently, even post these changes, sov is comparatively easy and that's because ALL can queue for Cities, but very few get the chance to enter a fort... Also consider a good chunk of those in fort are players like Bombling who simply dont need the invader, blocking people like me who would love a chance to earn them...
Dont worry, you will not get any more Royal crest from city until you get the invader set unlock, instead royals you will get invader medallions until get the invader unlock => maybe read the full patch notes before post

No, you are wrong there. I queue for cities on my chars that have full invader i.e. i use cities to earn sov. My point is i want the opportunity to use forts to earn invader (which is supposed to be the main design for invader acquition). I wouldn't want to "waste" a city where i could be earning sov on an alt that needs invader.

I earned invader on my magus in 3 months before cities were around, acquisition rate on my WE is roughly 1 year with the current high pop.

Either we need pop to drop back to 800 or we need a better fort system imo
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman

Teefz

Post#165 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:46 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:51 pm Hotfix #4

[Ranked Scenarios]

- Tweaked match making algorithm to try to give more pops without making them unbalanced.
Waiting in que for 90min without a single pop. Despite of 40+ ppl q'ing (both mdps+rdps) and a lot of games kept starting. Think at least 15+ games were running over the course of the 90min.

Match making algorithm definately improved the poprate from the first hotfix, but it's going to be almost impossible to complete 60 games at this rate.

And before anyone says: "Just lose a few games to drop mmr" - That idea doesn't really work, when it seems like you are not even considered into the match making algorithm due to high mmr (no pops = no loss/wins = stalemate) Also, what kind of faulty ladder system actually requires the players to lose, in order to be eligble for participation? It seems the algorithm needs a bit more tweaking.

sogeou

Post#166 » Mon May 04, 2020 6:50 pm

nat3s wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:16 pm

No, you are wrong there. I queue for cities on my chars that have full invader i.e. i use cities to earn sov. My point is i want the opportunity to use forts to earn invader (which is supposed to be the main design for invader acquition). I wouldn't want to "waste" a city where i could be earning sov on an alt that needs invader.

I earned invader on my magus in 3 months before cities were around, acquisition rate on my WE is roughly 1 year with the current high pop.

You must be doing something wrong. It is so easy to get into a fort. Destro is always attacking zones to get a fort, and with defending end zone another chance to get Invaders also now are in gold and purple bags if you meet everything needed.

nat3s

Post#167 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:09 pm

sogeou wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:50 pm
nat3s wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:16 pm

You must be doing something wrong. It is so easy to get into a fort. Destro is always attacking zones to get a fort, and with defending end zone another chance to get Invaders also now are in gold and purple bags if you meet everything needed.

I think the main diff might be that i can't really no-life it like you. I play for 2-3 hours maximum which often means i wont be competitive with contrib in the pre-fort zone and i need to take the odd afk to move the car / take out the rubbish / do the washing up etc etc. If I'm lucky pre-fort zone will last an hour and i can secure a fort spot, but a lot of the time pre-fort zone is well underway and for some hours when i login after work. This combined with forts having 300-400 spaces with 2000+ online makes them the domain of the hardcore only imo.

Also consider i play peak EU time, i finish work at 5pm so im online anytime from 5:30pm onwards... You may have noticed that the t4 campaign doesn't really progress much during peak time with so many online. Another reason why the lower pop felt so much better.

We need more fort spaces and a way to make zone flips happen at peak times, which for me is about addressing the fact that funnel defence scales with every additional player where funnel offence doesn't.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman

Telen
Suspended

Post#168 » Mon May 04, 2020 7:30 pm

Doesnt it just stick high mmr players with low mmr players to even it out so you keep gettting matches? If not it should really or people at both ends arent going to get pops. At 1600 I can pretty much get instant if I want to on peak times.

Ads
Kloaner

Post#169 » Mon May 04, 2020 8:14 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:46 pm
Kloaner wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:47 pm so it's better to do something else and not defend the Endzone, just wait for City.
If the only thing you want to do with your high geared character is sitting waiting for city....well, i wonder what you will do when your main get all the BiS gear....what you will wait for when dont need any more gear??

I like gear progression but you cant bind all the progression to gear....
I guess I missed the Part when a Char in Conq became a high geared Charakter... and from that Point of View you want fast Zone looks or Citys and not a never ending Fight.
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Killiansat
Suspended

Post#170 » Mon May 04, 2020 9:03 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38003&p=411023#p411023

i had no rating solo scs in 3 days.
is it possible to lower my mmr so i can get ranked scs?
though i cant force myself to loose. instincts ignore this action. is it possible to make a ... scroll that lowers ur mmr?

i m not even in rating.. the 1st place dude is 1836 mmr... i m 1907 and out of the system at all.
Papanya - WL 75+ (off)
Fraktal - AM 82+
Dedotmoroz - SL 80+
Moralist - BW 85+
Skreamer - WH 80+
Ithappens - SORC 85+
Amoralis - ZEAL =(