Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 29/04/2020 - Ranked Scenarios

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Mistdancer

Re: Patch Notes 29/04/2020 - Ranked Scenarios

Post#111 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:16 pm

tookmypearl wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:11 pm I've seen a lot of people advocating for increasing the x-realm timer, but I feel like punishing the many for the sins of the few isn't really a great solution. Instead, I wonder if the reward system just needs a little bit of retooling so that people feel like they're still getting the stuff they want without having to "cheat" the system by switching to the other faction whenever it's time to defend their T4 zone.

Would it be possible instead to have medallion rewards from sieges scale the same way emblem rewards do in scenarios? That is to say the reward is personalized based on your current RR rather than a flat reward you receive based on the tier you participated in. That way people can do the T2-T3 zones and still feel like they're getting something worth their time if they're in T4 content. Additionally, it'll give more reason for people to do the lower tiers so that we can experience the full variety the game has to offer. Cities and forts could (and probably should) still yield greater rewards, though I do love that they're more infrequent and feel much more "grand" now.

I think this patch was definitely a step in the right direction; I think I prefer what we have now to people just refusing to log on unless there was a fort or city happening, but maybe there's just a bit more refinement to go to deal with the unintended consequences.
200-300 people shifting realms after mid lock each time, every day since the patch, is not the few. Its the many.
The patch is trading the opportunistic passiveness of citylogging for the active exploitation of xrealming. It is definitely a step in the wrong direction.
Last edited by Mistdancer on Sat May 02, 2020 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#112 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:24 pm

12h realm lockout would fix this.

tookmypearl

Post#113 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:32 pm

Mistdancer wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:16 pm
tookmypearl wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:11 pm I've seen a lot of people advocating for increasing the x-realm timer, but I feel like punishing the many for the sins of the few isn't really a great solution. Instead, I wonder if the reward system just needs a little bit of retooling so that people feel like they're still getting the stuff they want without having to "cheat" the system by switching to the other faction whenever it's time to defend their T4 zone.

Would it be possible instead to have medallion rewards from sieges scale the same way emblem rewards do in scenarios? That is to say the reward is personalized based on your current RR rather than a flat reward you receive based on the tier you participated in. That way people can do the T2-T3 zones and still feel like they're getting something worth their time if they're in T4 content. Additionally, it'll give more reason for people to do the lower tiers so that we can experience the full variety the game has to offer. Cities and forts could (and probably should) still yield greater rewards, though I do love that they're more infrequent and feel much more "grand" now.

I think this patch was definitely a step in the right direction; I think I prefer what we have now to people just refusing to log on unless there was a fort or city happening, but maybe there's just a bit more refinement to go to deal with the unintended consequences.
200-300 people shifting realms after mid lock each time, every day since the patch, is not the few. Its the many.
The patch is trading the opportunistic passiveness of citylogging for the active exploitation of xrealming. It is definitely a step in the wrong direction.
Hmm, I see your point, but I still think the answer doesn't have to be put heavier weights on xrealming—at least not as a first line of defense. I'd be curious to see if they could try tiering rewards and see the effects that has before they start forcing people to not play the game with their friends just because they weren't scheduling every hour of their game time.

Vayra

Post#114 » Sun May 03, 2020 2:29 pm

Nice changes to the invader, though requiring Vanq for the end zone rewards is maybe a bit harsh as that set does cost a lot. But I really like adding invader/royal to gold/purple bags.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

StaH84

Post#115 » Sun May 03, 2020 2:38 pm

Thank You xrealm farmers and discord pop loggers, You got what You wanted.

To devs:
Does Invader and Royal crest come from all bags or just end zones win bags?
"Some men just want to watch the world burn." - Alfred Pennyworth.

And these men are:
Bjoorn Wanderer - Chaos Chosen - 40 - 68
Dasmarta - Greenskin Choppa - 40 - 39
Waladan - Dark Elf Disciple of Khaine - 32 - 32

CountTalabecland

Post#116 » Sun May 03, 2020 2:46 pm

This was another good fix. Adding rewards to previously useless bags is a win. This will be harder to exploit by the lazy xrealm bots who have to ruin everything.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Kaelang

Post#117 » Sun May 03, 2020 2:50 pm

Vayra wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 2:29 pm Nice changes to the invader, though requiring Vanq for the end zone rewards is maybe a bit harsh as that set does cost a lot. But I really like adding invader/royal to gold/purple bags.
It slows the progression down for aimlessly gearing before you're even level 40 - which was happening.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

grendel1892

Post#118 » Sun May 03, 2020 2:58 pm

Thanks for all the Work. I appreciate that ya'll are trying to do right by the players and keep this awesome Game alive.
I smash things on Bolimor (WP) :shock:
I heal Peoplez on Mewanna Party (RP) :o
I guard the slayer on Igurd (SM) :D
I shootz arrows on Frigi Dare (SW) :(

Ads
Cornerback

Post#119 » Sun May 03, 2020 3:06 pm

Great Hotfix. Well done!
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)

Tillbeast

Post#120 » Sun May 03, 2020 3:17 pm

Something had to be done but requiring full vanq is very harsh, feel like I am being punished for not having top end gear. Maybe give bonus vanq medallions to those not eligible for invaders for players over rr50 and conq for those over rr40. However anything is better than what was happening