[Weekend Warfront: The Siege of Praag]
These are dark times for the city of Praag. The Raven Host have summoned a daemon and are planning on feeding the innoncent souls of the townsfolk to the foul beast! For generations, the sons and daughters of Kislev have fought and died to protect their lands from Chaos invasions. Can they hold Praag once again?
This weekend the Battle for Praag will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in this scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.
Welcome to Season 1 of Return of Reckoning's Ranked Scenarios!
Note from the Devs
Return of Reckoning has always had a strong and resilient six-versus-six community. These matchups were initially arranged by players in the lakes. Later, 6v6 scenarios were added to facilitate making matches easier.
These matches have been extremely exciting to watch. Metagames formed around bringing the best six-man team you can put together, friendships were created that would last many years.
Many developers that have worked on balance on Return of Reckoning, past and present, have looked to the 6v6 community for their incredible wisdom and game knowledge.
Seeing tournaments like Bitterbowl and others have been a huge inspiration to us in developing ranked scenarios.
Today, we'd like to announce that Season 1 has started. We hope it was worth the wait!
[Ranked Scenario Overview]
Ranked Scenarios are a 6v6 deathmatch engagements in a variety of maps for players who are level 40 and above.
- You can queue for Ranked Scenarios in two ways: Ranked (Solo), and Ranked (Premade*).
- This mode can only be queued up by yourself.
- You can still queue for it in a party, but you must not queue as a group. You cannot queue for this scenario while in a Warband.
- A strict 2-2-2 (Tank, Healer, DPS) composition is enforced here.
- There are no trainers within the ranked solo scenarios. You must queue with the spec you are expecting to play in the match.
- Certain archetypes are unable to change gear while they are queued up within a ranked solo scenario queue. They are additionally restricted from changing gear during the match.
- The matchmaker will match an equal amount of ranged DPS with the enemy's number of ranged DPS. For example, if two melee players are queued on one faction and two ranged players are queued on the opposite faction, the matchmaker will not generate a match between these players.
- This mode can only be queued up when you are in a party of 6.
- No restrictions apply to group composition, tactic loadout, or gear loadout. You may additionally respec within these matches.
- There are trainers so you may adapt to your enemy team's composition within these matches.
- There is minimal matchmaking done within this queue.
-You may only queue for Ranked scenarios if you have an item level of 45 or higher in each of your armor slots, including the Belt slot.
-Each kill is worth 50 points. The scenario ends when 500 points are earned by each team.
-A flag is present in the center of all 6v6 maps. The flag has a 50 second capture time and is not intended as the primary win condition. Instead, its presence is to end the match in case the enemy team gives up.
-A notification is displayed in text and sound to everyone in the match upon interacting with the flag. This is to avoid ninja capping as we saw happen in pre-season.
*NOTE: Premade Ranked is currently disabled to prevent abusing the lack of participants. We have a solution in the works and will enable Premade Ranked Scenarios when the solution is implemented.
[Ranked Scenario Seasons]
-A ranked scenario season will last a varying length of time each time one is announced. For Season 1, the length will be 6 weeks.
-As you play games, you will obtain a matchmaking rating. This rating is unique to both queue types and is used to track your performance within matches. Your performance in Solo will have no bearing on your Premade rating and vice versa.
-Matchmaking rating will additionally be used to pair players together of similar matchmaking rating in the Solo queue type.
-The longer time elapses without a queue pop, the more matchmaking is expanded for that player to additional ranges.
-At the start of a season, your matchmaking rating is completely reset to the default value, 1500, and everyone must re-obtain their rating. If a player does not have a matchmaking rating, they are assumed to have 1500.
[Ranked Scenario Rewards]
-A new emblem currency has been introduced for Ranked Scenario game modes: Victorious Emblems.
-Winning a match will result in a gain of 20 emblems at maximum. Losses will result in a maximum of 5. The amount rewarded is based on your match participation and the length of the match.
-Every Monday, you will receive between 1 and 750 tokens depending on your matchmaking rating at the end of the week, and number of games played for that week as long as you have played 5 games per week.
-Ranked has a significantly higher Renown/XP gain than normal scenarios. XP can be used to level your guilds even at 40.
-Victorious Emblems are used to purchase unique gear during a season.
-Vendors have been added to the War Quarter in Altdorf for Order, and to The Undercroft in The Inevitable City.
-In order to qualify for the vendors, you must have 60 Games Played for the CURRENT season. If you have the currency, but not the match requirement for the currently active season you will receive an error message telling you how many more games you need to play to be able to qualify.
-If there is no currently active season, you will be unable to purchase rewards. Please make sure to purchase rewards by the end of the season.
-The price of the gear is dependent on your current matchmaking rating at the time of using the vendor. As you progress through the season you may see the merchant prices fluxuate. The prices may seem high at first, but remember, you need 60 matches to be able to qualify for rewards and can always improve your rating.
The Landing flag has been removed again.
Points gain for the other flags are now the following:
- The Steamtank Plant: 20 points on capture, 3 points per tick
- The Warehouse: 15 points on capture, 2 points per tick
- The Machine Shop: 15 points on capture, 2 points per tick
- You will now only recieve [Royal Crest] from City Sieges when you have the unlocked the Tome of Knowledge entry for equipping the Invader gearset, you will otherwise recieve [Invader Medallion].
- The archetypes of champions selected should now match the archetypes printed out better
- Heal champion is now selected based on top healing
- DPS champions are now now selected based on top DPS
- Contribution rating medals are now displayed on the loot roll (The contribution system is still not fixed, it will get reworked eventually).
- Forts should handle players already in the fort when it starts better
[Open Realm vs Realm]
- The rewards for defending the last zone before a fortress has been increased to 4 x [Invader Medallion].
- When players are on a fast mount they will no longer appear to be going slower than you and teleport/warp to catch up.
- You will now be dismounted when going on to objects or areas which do not allow you to be mounted such as inside certian buildings or inside caves/crypts.
- Rewrite of parts of the code handling groups. Should avoid scenario groups getting broken sometimes.
- Fixed a bug with region transfers that could sometimes cause you to get ported to zone 0 instead of the intended destination.
- Mitigation value is now correctly calculated for partially absorbed critical hits (this has no impact on the actual damage, only on the mitigation value displayed in the combat log).
- Gunbad rework is finished
- Gold Chests giving bags will now look for lockouts and not reward bags to people with lockouts
- Kill credit quests are working again in Gunbad
- Added PQ areas to final wing bosses to communicate what's the objective
- Wing boss chests includ some consolation prices inside the bags if you didn't win Redeye armor piece.
- There are always 2 gold 2 purple 2 blue bags awarded at random with no contribution.
- Opt out is not working and is not supposed to work. Embrace the RNG.
- Ard ta Feed snacks should be enemies toward the players
- Fixed the 7pc proc for tank offensive Sovereign
- Added Subjugator & Smuggler DPS staffs for Archmage & Shaman. Stats are same as BW/Sorc/Magus staffs. [Windstaff of the Subjugator] [Zaptwig of the Subjugator]
- The icon for the [Seal] trophy now has a seal as icon instead of a healing potion.
Invader Jewels are now actually bound to slot 4 like the other RvR set jewelry
Overlord and Imperator procs have been removed. These are simply far too strong for a 2pc bonus and were the primary reason the set was removed from vendors.
- Overlord now grants 61 Wounds as a 2pc bonus
- Imperator now grants 61 Initiative as a 2pc bonus
- These sets have been added back to their vendors at reduced prices
- Surging 7pc proc for healers has been replaced with Improved Clarity
On Cast: 10% chance to reduce the cost of the next ability used within 10s to 0 Action Points. If possible, it will always crit and be undefendable. Can only be triggered once every 10 seconds.
- Appearance Rework is now fully complete .
All the set will have a unique appearance , and the appearance guide can be checked HERE
Side note : paired rvr and scenario set share the same appearance (like conqueror / dominator) cause they are a main and alt version of each other .
We use 100% of the available appearance (except npc gear) .
Enabled all tint part of sovereign cloaks (some had their tint part disabled)
Dye set server side to uniform gear set has been removed to show the real texture of each pieces , which were unobtainable before.
The dyes from the dye merchant windows are free for one week !
- Abilities with a ground targeted dot effect will now properly deal DOT damage instead of Direct damage.
- The level required to start the Tracker's and Stalker's quests is now 2 levels below the level of the pieces they reward
- All the first steps of the Tracker's and Stalker's quests are now tagged as Kill Player Quests
- All the last steps of the Tracker's and Stalker's quests are now repeatable
- Questionable Judgment: You will now additionally have to kill some Magi Seers. Also the quest rewards have been set
- Facing Rejection: This quest has been corrected and is now available only if you have completed the quest 'Questionable Judgment'
- No End of Danger: This quest has been corrected
- Chaos in Order: This quest is now available from the Warded Chest in High Pass
- To Duty Recalled: The whole quest line is now available and reworked
- Sigmar's Comet: You will now have to recover the Twin Tailed Comet Icon, and the quest rewards have been set
- Out of Control: You will now have to recover the Raven Host Banner from the Talonblade Leader
- No End of Beastmen: This quest has been corrected and the quest rewards have been set
- Celestial Defender: This quest line has been corrected and reworked
 The typo has been corrected
 You now have to kill the Talonblade Leader to recover the Raven Host Banner
 Warlord Cape can now be dyed
 Abilities with a ground targeted dot effect will now properly deal DOT damage instead of Direct damage