Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 22/04/2020 - Gates of Ekrund

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer, Language Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
retekelek
Posts: 90

Re: Patch Notes 22/04/2020 - Gates of Ekrund

Post#71 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:18 pm

Vayra wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:41 am
Spoiler:
retekelek wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:58 am
Hargrim wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:26 am



The horror the horror...
Well, yeah its a horror show for most players.
This game had the advantage whit other MMOS that if u like PVP, u can go at lvl 1 and stay there forever. You wasn't forced to farm PVE to have a good gear.
That's not strictly speaking true. You certainly didn't have to do PvE (for most classes), but itemization heavily encouraged it. For example on live, if you wanted to heal as a DoK/WP (and I think the other healers too) you had to do City Dungeons and Lost Vale. Because that's where you got healing sets. Conqueror and Invader were dps sets for healers back then, and there were no Scenario sets to provide a pvp alternative. Up until the rr100 bullshit PvE was required for BiS gear for almost every class, mainly from LotD, and for healers in particular to have useful healing gear past Annihilator/Ruin until they could get Warlord/Sov.

Things are a lot better on this server in terms of what you can get main-spec-wise from PVP. Only thing most people want from PvE is Onslaught or Bloodlord weapons, and some want Sentinel jewel if it is useful for their main spec.

And honestly it should be required to do some amount of PvE to get full BiS gear, just like it should be required to do PvP. Someone who spends time in all aspects of the end game should be rewarded higher than someone who just sticks to 1 part and never touches another.
I disagree whit that, it the end of the day, all of us come here to play, to have fun. And some of us dont find any fun whit doing pve(dungeons), and here for playing player versus player.
Every MMO where u pay or its a "free" to play one, is forcing u to do some grindings, what u probably aint enjoy but probably you will throw your time in to it, to dont have disadvantages against others. I dont think its a good direction to take. And dont see the reason why to make it a must do it thing.

Ads
sighy
Posts: 77

Re: Patch Notes 22/04/2020 - Gates of Ekrund

Post#72 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:41 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:02 pm
sogeou wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:12 pm
Hargrim wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:26 am



The horror the horror...

So we should make the PVE Jewel item slot 4 only as well as it would be good to have everything the same, correct?
PvE set jewels are slot 3...
Are there any plans for slots 1 and 2 or is that Genesis for life?

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 6549
Contact:

Re: Patch Notes 22/04/2020 - Gates of Ekrund

Post#73 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:08 pm

sighy wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:41 pm
wargrimnir wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:02 pm
sogeou wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:12 pm



So we should make the PVE Jewel item slot 4 only as well as it would be good to have everything the same, correct?
PvE set jewels are slot 3...
Are there any plans for slots 1 and 2 or is that Genesis for life?
Non-set related jewels won't have such restrictions. Genesis is a good example, there are similar jewel sets like that planned.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Sirlagsalot
Posts: 25
Contact:

Re: Patch Notes 22/04/2020 - Gates of Ekrund

Post#74 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:26 pm

@wargrimnir Lost vale an land of the dead is that where these planned sets will be from right? also eta? or is it "SOON"
Lorglagsalot RR83 Melee DOK for life

growill
Posts: 72

Re: Patch Notes 22/04/2020 - Gates of Ekrund

Post#75 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:29 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:04 pm
growill wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:10 am
Well except people that are already a little behind in gear now suffer an even bigger power creep.

May I ask why focus so hard on sov sets? Sounds like they got just so much better than everything. Doesn't this kill variety as well as adding more power creep that nobody felt the need for?

I understand that it's the final set and it should be good but now in city I'm afraid who's not geared so good will just not stand a chance. And honestly it's already one-sided eniugh as it imo
Your concern is "don't add sov gear"?

Feel free to look up the stats from the live set and compare. Item curves are flatter on RoR than live, and we have no plans to get into the RR90+ gear or bonuses that caused real pain on live servers. I guess it won't matter much for players either way. If you're prone to losing and getting stomped, blaming gear is going to happen either way. Surely it couldn't have anything to do with the fact those players in full Sov have organized and optimized their groups to take advantage of their strengths. Must be the gear.
What I mean is that in my (very limited really) experience, organized city fights are often decided by morale and my concern is that having such a powerful morale drain in a gear set might widen highly the power gap between comps with different gear. It's very fair that higher-end gear is better I would still love that not to be too much of a deciding factor.

Also as you said people in full sov have probably played enough to have become very skillful and that is also fair all I'm saying is that to my experience morale drain is a HUGE factor and should be treated accordingly. Morale bombs win fights

I'm just voicing my concerns here as I said I'm no veteran I just don't like massive power creep and since here it's very fair at the moment I wouldn't want it to grow that's all

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 6549
Contact:

Re: Patch Notes 22/04/2020 - Gates of Ekrund

Post#76 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:06 pm

growill wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:29 pm
wargrimnir wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:04 pm
growill wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:10 am
Well except people that are already a little behind in gear now suffer an even bigger power creep.

May I ask why focus so hard on sov sets? Sounds like they got just so much better than everything. Doesn't this kill variety as well as adding more power creep that nobody felt the need for?

I understand that it's the final set and it should be good but now in city I'm afraid who's not geared so good will just not stand a chance. And honestly it's already one-sided eniugh as it imo
Your concern is "don't add sov gear"?

Feel free to look up the stats from the live set and compare. Item curves are flatter on RoR than live, and we have no plans to get into the RR90+ gear or bonuses that caused real pain on live servers. I guess it won't matter much for players either way. If you're prone to losing and getting stomped, blaming gear is going to happen either way. Surely it couldn't have anything to do with the fact those players in full Sov have organized and optimized their groups to take advantage of their strengths. Must be the gear.
What I mean is that in my (very limited really) experience, organized city fights are often decided by morale and my concern is that having such a powerful morale drain in a gear set might widen highly the power gap between comps with different gear. It's very fair that higher-end gear is better I would still love that not to be too much of a deciding factor.

Also as you said people in full sov have probably played enough to have become very skillful and that is also fair all I'm saying is that to my experience morale drain is a HUGE factor and should be treated accordingly. Morale bombs win fights

I'm just voicing my concerns here as I said I'm no veteran I just don't like massive power creep and since here it's very fair at the moment I wouldn't want it to grow that's all
Both sides have access to the 8pc ability, and judging by the mixed signals we get on gear, it seems like most people will just keep mixing sets and forgo the 8pc GIABs even if they're pretty strong. Sov is the final set of gear in the game, there's not going to be anything stronger than it, just more options in-between that can be collected from various content.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

User avatar
kmark101
Posts: 326

Re: Patch Notes 22/04/2020 - Gates of Ekrund

Post#77 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:11 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:06 pm

Both sides have access to the 8pc ability, and judging by the mixed signals we get on gear, it seems like most people will just keep mixing sets and forgo the 8pc GIABs even if they're pretty strong. Sov is the final set of gear in the game, there's not going to be anything stronger than it, just more options in-between that can be collected from various content.

Something that might be an oversight, but will have additional serious balance effect is that the morale drain is on Warlord gear, which lacks wounds for serious wb play... the only class that can overcome this is already the undisputed king of all tanks and the game is the Black Orks, with their 160 wounds racial tactic. I think this will widen the gap.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 6549
Contact:

Re: Patch Notes 22/04/2020 - Gates of Ekrund

Post#78 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:24 pm

kmark101 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:11 pm
wargrimnir wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:06 pm

Both sides have access to the 8pc ability, and judging by the mixed signals we get on gear, it seems like most people will just keep mixing sets and forgo the 8pc GIABs even if they're pretty strong. Sov is the final set of gear in the game, there's not going to be anything stronger than it, just more options in-between that can be collected from various content.

Something that might be an oversight, but will have additional serious balance effect is that the morale drain is on Warlord gear, which lacks wounds for serious wb play... the only class that can overcome this is already the undisputed king of all tanks and the game is the Black Orks, with their 160 wounds racial tactic. I think this will widen the gap.
That just sounds like you have a problem with Black Orcs in general.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
User avatar
Amdus
Posts: 16

Re: Patch Notes 22/04/2020 - Gates of Ekrund

Post#79 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:44 pm

Very nice patch, I like it, however I have 2 questions:

1.-Does this mean that the bug that in example I got where after finishing city I got stuck there and couldn't log until server restarted should be fixed?

2-On the ticket https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/16177 if I understood correctly, you said that you will normalize all weapon speeds of tanks to 3.6? Because I checked today and there was still 2.7 speed.

Thanks!

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 6549
Contact:

Re: Patch Notes 22/04/2020 - Gates of Ekrund

Post#80 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:35 pm

Amdus wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:44 pm
2-On the ticket https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/16177 if I understood correctly, you said that you will normalize all weapon speeds of tanks to 3.6? Because I checked today and there was still 2.7 speed.

Thanks!
The list in that ticket was specifically showing you that they are not normalized and therefore the only observed bug was that two of the 10 greatsword weapons were 2.7 instead of 3.6. Those were the only ones changed.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests