Patch Notes 22/04/2020 - Gates of Ekrund

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Jinxypie

Re: Patch Notes 22/04/2020 - Gates of Ekrund

Post#31 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:33 pm

kmark101 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:21 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:03 pm
Dteekay wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:54 pm The chosen's bane shield Is applied to group and has an extra 7 second on it (17 secs total). Why was KOBS not changed to mirror the chosen change? Shield of the sun does more dmg than bane shield, but its still only cast on self and 10 secs long. Is there a reason for a one sided change?
Because Knight has other tools, Chosen doesn't have. That would be my guess.

Like what? (that are actually desirable and performing well, not just on the knight-itself-when-being-hit-(never))
Best tank in game wasnt buffed? Must be an error in the Matrix 😂

Btw interesting meleeheal changes.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Ads
Sulorie

Post#32 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:33 pm

Hrihor88 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:26 pm I like the new changes for am, but what about an AM that fulled warlord for heal spec maybe with full armor talis 180 and now the found a dps set ? No refund for him ? it's not right .
Yeah, this is bad news for many players.
Dying is no option.

geraldtarrant

Post#33 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:40 pm

Making invader ring obsolete is very bad decision.
Muschroom / Gloom / Iznoogood
Orz Guild
Nr1 Sorc Preaseason1 Solo, Nr1 Sorc Season3 Group

M0rw47h

Post#34 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:43 pm

kmark101 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:21 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:03 pm
Dteekay wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:54 pm The chosen's bane shield Is applied to group and has an extra 7 second on it (17 secs total). Why was KOBS not changed to mirror the chosen change? Shield of the sun does more dmg than bane shield, but its still only cast on self and 10 secs long. Is there a reason for a one sided change?
Because Knight has other tools, Chosen doesn't have. That would be my guess.

Like what? (that are actually desirable and performing well, not just on the knight-itself-when-being-hit-(never))
Pick your poison:
  • Runefang
  • Vigilance
  • No Escape
  • Solar Flare
  • Dirty Tricks
  • Focused Mending
  • Overpowering Swing

Vayra

Post#35 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:45 pm

After some testing of the DoK changes I like them a lot. Sacrifice spec can now heal Ch22 PQs somewhat effectively. Like I said in the first post, mitigation is still an issue, though. Especially for Rend Soul. On final PQ boss it hits for me (in a mix of Sentinel/Bloodlord with Bloodlord weapon) at right around 100 a tick, which gives 350 healing a tick. Which, for a skill that is aimed at providing single target burst healing, is not exactly great. Transfer Essence on the other hand provides adequate group healing, though it does still suffer from mitigation acting like a 75-80% heal debuff on the damage part compared to normal mobs.

CE hitting 3 targets is also great for general play.

I don't like being forced to use a shield to melee heal effectively, though, I would really like to see a return to the old system where skills aren't locked behind dual wield/2h or shield. Make the shield a more defensive option and dw/2h offensive and let us use all skills regardless, please.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Rydiak

Post#36 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:25 pm

Vayra wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:45 pm After some testing of the DoK changes I like them a lot. Sacrifice spec can now heal Ch22 PQs somewhat effectively. Like I said in the first post, mitigation is still an issue, though. Especially for Rend Soul. On final PQ boss it hits for me (in a mix of Sentinel/Bloodlord with Bloodlord weapon) at right around 100 a tick, which gives 350 healing a tick. Which, for a skill that is aimed at providing single target burst healing, is not exactly great. Transfer Essence on the other hand provides adequate group healing, though it does still suffer from mitigation acting like a 75-80% heal debuff on the damage part compared to normal mobs.
Make sure you have the Empowered Transfer tactic slotted. That will increase the lifetap percentage of Rend Soul to 437.5%!
Vayra wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:45 pm CE hitting 3 targets is also great for general play.
Thanks! We're pretty happy with this change too.
Vayra wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:45 pm I don't like being forced to use a shield to melee heal effectively, though, I would really like to see a return to the old system where skills aren't locked behind dual wield/2h or shield. Make the shield a more defensive option and dw/2h offensive and let us use all skills regardless, please.
NO
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Zxul

Post#37 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:05 pm

Rydiak wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:25 pm NO
Fun stuff, lvl 16 kotb chain snaring the shield dok while lvl 16 bw blasts from afar while kiting still reliably kills rr80 shield dok. But now since there is more motivation for the dok to spec offensive, dok dies even faster.

Shield is as useless as it ever was, except for ganking in small scale pug who don't know how to disable shield dok.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Sirlagsalot

Post#38 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:06 pm

Devs......word changes to transfer essence as a buff...........yer on the test dumby it is but not in the real world both pve an especialy pvp this has been a massive nerf.
To the wp out there test your own changes without fanaticsim (without it you are a melee heal dok see how it feels) see if you still think this is buff.

Lorglagsalot RR83 Melee DOK for life
Last edited by Sirlagsalot on Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lorglagsalot RR83 Melee DOK for life

Ads
Rydiak

Post#39 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:08 pm

Sirlagsalot wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:06 pm Devs......word changes to transfer essence as a buff...........yer on the test dumby it is but not in the real world both pve an especialy pvp this has been a massive nerf.
To the wp out there test your own changes without fanaticsim (without it you are a melee heal dok see how it feels) see if you still think this is buff.
I discovered a bug a little bit ago involving Sigmar's Radiance/Transfer Essence and absorb shields. I notified the devs too.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

drmordread
Suspended

Post#40 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:18 pm

Nice stuff, Love you guys ...

But can we start giving mdps offensive abilities from their armor? This love affair with defensive abilities is a bit infuriating.

Make WE/WH great again... give us back our mega crits!
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)