Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
kryss

Re: Patch Notes 08/04/2020

Post#91 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:44 pm

moderntimes wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:38 pm
kryss wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:19 pm
moderntimes wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:03 pm

I'm trying to help people find the archetype they'd like to play. If most of your gameplay is warband play you never wanted to play rogue in the first place. If most of your time is dedicated to solo pvp then the change is irrelevant.
It doesn't work like that and being a "rogue" archetype means nothing. You play a class, every class, in different situations and with different setups (richness, you know?): if one good setup gets hammered down from viable to 0, it's not that irrelevant. You can simply find a balanced way of doing things, in this case reducing sweeping razor to 5-6 targets hits, and not just 3.
Archetypes are the bane of old school mmos, you kinda have to accept it when you create a character. That's why dps dok raised eyebrows a while ago, it bled too much into the dps archetype while staying relevant in the healer one. And why people dislike dps AMs in sc, because they see someone trying to shoehorn themselves into another archetype. Modern mmos are trying to set aside the archetype system, turning everyone more or less into a hybrid dps. If archetypes are irrelevant you would logically have to up the dps tree of the healers so they can compete with the other dps, and create a healing tree for the dps to compete with the healers. Then you'd get the most "richness" possible, like you said.
I don't know man, you talking about healing/dps classes/hybrids whereas the only thing that some WHs are asking is to improve (revert) a single tactic to hit 3-4 more people to be viable in a WB. That tactic is relevant to a WH role, which is to dps AND to morale drain. We are not discussing anything more than that, and surely not about transforming the role of WHs and to make them a hybrid heal/dps. The dok example (great in WBs as healers, great hybrids AND still good dps in small scale) made me laugh.
Last edited by kryss on Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
blakokami

Post#92 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:45 pm

Please consider reverting the "fix" to razor strike/slice aoe tactics. They were viable and not OP for large scale fighting and warband play. Now they will be less than average by quite a lot with this one change. You could have just as easily "fixed" the tooltip to say it hits all players within 25 ft or w/e the range is xD.

Nice change on making the self punt undefendable like it always was and should be though! Wish it was still 10 sec immunity though.

Any nerfs to WE/WH just feel very bad because they have been the worst mdps in the game for quite a while now for many reasons. They aren't even the best gank classes... The crit changes on this server really hit them hard, and they scaled so well on damage bonus as well on live because of ignoring armor. But it's harder to get as much damage bonus here, and crit was nerfed hard.
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

dirnsterer

Post#93 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:00 pm

Grunbag wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:02 pm
chakzo wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:55 pm All I see is nerfed anathema/escape with the imunity added. 1v1 6v6 class determinig skill.
It already had a immunity , and now it’s undefendable not sure it’s a nerf
In a sense longer immunity is a nerf, you cannot do the good 'ol disengage, get stealth and wait for immunity to lower, then re-engage with stun / whatever -setup. With the shorter immunity this was a possibility. Now it is basically just "I stagger you and run away" ability.

Mexlicious

Post#94 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:02 pm

Still no AM/SHM heal buff :(

Zxul

Post#95 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:17 pm

Grunbag wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:38 pm All CC that don’t have a damage component are undefendable on the server .
So I should report my dok's Uncaring Dismissal punt being parried as a bug?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Sarnai

Post#96 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:25 pm

No CC should be undefendable, period.
WH looking for gunbad left

Twohandernoob

Post#97 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:27 pm

dirnsterer wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:00 pm
chakzo wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:55 pm All I see is nerfed anathema/escape with the imunity added. 1v1 6v6 class determinig skill.
In a sense longer immunity is a nerf, you cannot do the good 'ol disengage, get stealth and wait for immunity to lower, then re-engage with stun / whatever -setup. With the shorter immunity this was a possibility. Now it is basically just "I stagger you and run away" ability.
NOT in a sense. It is a nerf.

It was always undenfendable since live and RoR till it became bugged a few patches ago. You can search when we started to complain about that. It was then hotfixed and shortly after became bugged again and noone could be bothered to raise it again.

Now with added duration you're prevented from easily re-engaging. A nerf to the solo hunting style. Good job we have group/warband play to fall back on eh?

dirnsterer

Post#98 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:36 pm

Twohandernoob wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:27 pm
dirnsterer wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:00 pm

NOT in a sense. It is a nerf.

It was always undenfendable since live and RoR till it became bugged a few patches ago. You can search when we started to complain about that. It was then hotfixed and shortly after became bugged again and noone could be bothered to raise it again.

Now with added duration you're prevented from easily re-engaging. A nerf to the solo hunting style. Good job we have group/warband play to fall back on eh?
But you can stagger target now and run away in stealth, that is what we play the game for after all as stealther class. But yeah, I do think some devs were mistreated by some WE's or WH's on live and they are just to be made another brawler class without any interesting inner workings when it comes to their skills / mechanics.

Ads
Stelien

Post#99 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:50 pm

I would like to add one more thing which i just noticed, half of the time when you use razor strike at least one of those 3 hits are going to get wasted on a spawned unit, one more thing to think about.
Andresila 80+ WH
Stelien 40+ WL
Andresilla 70+ WE
Zivotije 40+ Choppa

Rubius
Developer

Post#100 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:17 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:52 pm
dalen wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:45 pm
Elemint wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:25 pm Can we please have /sit and /lie on a toggle instead of being 1s long animation?
Will try to fix it (and then probably restrict them to short ones like now in RvR). But there's still some parts of player character animations that we haven't figured out quite how they work yet.
Even for sit i fully agree the request, even for lie, much less :). Seeing fake death in the lake gonna make problems.
Yes, this would be great. :) I don't even roleplay but I can only imagine that being able to permanently sit down will be big for them.

Really nice quality-of-life improvements today with the emotes, thanks to all who made them happen!