Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 08/04/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Gunlinger

Re: Patch Notes 08/04/2020

Post#141 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:58 am

DA was undefendable from start on and just got bugged some patches before this so called buff. So it would be a fix. But it is no fix. It is now a hard NERF, because NOW it gives the target a full 20 sec Immu.
DA was never intended to be a push and run away skill. DA was made to get distance to the target, so you could get into stealth again without getting kicked out of it or set back instantly and attack again with opener and KD.
And now DA Stagger brakes instandly when Jagged Edge Tactic is slotted.

Razor strike is the Builder Skill with the highest AP cost (40AP/ all other have 35)
It has no other special thing to offer beside being able to waste a tactic slot to make it hit
2 additional targets BUT MAKE IT DEAL 10% LESS DMG.
AOE Cap got raised for all classes. If WH/WE now really set back to the beginning and only hit
1+2 targets with this builder + tactic, then consider 1 or more of these 4 ideas:
- Lower the AP costs of RS to 20 AP when SR tactic is used
- Take out the 10% less DMG part of SR tactic
- Make it build up 1 Finisher Point per enemy hit by it (3)
- Put the SR tactic effects on Razor Strike's base ability and take out SR tactic.

____
- openers nerfed
- Crit nerfed
- bullets nerfed
- BaL cleansable
- Exit Wound Finisher almost(definatly) useless since Toughness debuff has almost zero effect on the actual Toughness mechanic
(thus EW has no negative effect on non Str/Ws Classes at all)
- TbP originally had no CD (now has still the 8 sec from EA time AOE buff, but got AOE erased)
- the only given gap closer to get to the same target as jumping WL/SW shares CD with other Sigils
- Souv gear almost Zero Weapon Skill stats
- former unique traits got gifted away to almost any other DPS class
- As soon as there is a SW in Group or WB, incoming Healdebuff from PtF and +5% crit debuff from BBoC + EC tactic
are useless, because SW can range spam Shadow Sting and Crosscut applies +10% crit debuff non stackable with WH debuff
- SB and Confess! + tactics in the wrong Base Skill Trees since the Beginning
- EVERY other DPS got buffed in single target to a point, that WH not even does the highest ST Dps in trade for being the most vulnerable melee dps.
- Stealth 2sec cast timer has 100% set back chance on being hit/dot on WH
- Silence the Heretic greys out and needs to be hit double as soon the target has immu, because the System sends out a Skill warning at the first attempt, that the target is immune
- WH needs to proc his Bullets by Finishers but got range for that. WE have proc chance on all attacks and dual dagger (AS) but got gifted range Finisher’s anyway
- Deff Souv has better bonus attack Stats on Pieces than Attack Souv and Toughness instead of WS
- 8P WH Souv kick is a joke compared to the range of the original kick distance
- Doors and Gates cannot be opened while in Stealth
- Mara and SH pets stay on Target after successfully activating Stealth in fight

I could go on with this List.
MY former Main WH with 80+ and Souv is in retirement because of all the stuff we WH have to deal with. And we who played the WH as main from the beginning of WAR itself are keen to be dead so fast and often. We always had it hard to get a spot in a WB.
BUT we got the spots on live at least whenever the pure highest ST DPS in game so far
was needed. There was no other DPS class that could compete on pure single target dps
with a WH once. But at the current state, Witch Hunters are a meme. A joke to make people waist their free time to level and gear up a Class while having the illusion that it
might get better with the next RR or Gear piece/set. Until you reach max RR and the current max Gear and realize, that all the time was waisted and you are stuck on a class that got branded by the big middelfinger of the Gods of Nerf.
Last edited by Gunlinger on Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Zxul

Post#142 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:32 am

Gunlinger wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:58 am - Exit Wound Finisher almost(definatly) useless since Toughness debuff has almost zero effect on the actual Toughness mechanic
Since I'm also using toughness debuff on main, mind explain how so? I mean, in theory its toughness debuff equals to str buff for attacker.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

nocturnalguest

Post#143 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:36 am

Grunbag wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:38 pm All CC that don’t have a damage component are undefendable on the server . DE follow thé same logic . but note that I also made it work like any stagger (it was set like a total disable and didn’t break on all damages) and the immune is set to 20 sec now .
Cool, eager to see more fixxes on a broken abilities following same logic then
Undefendable
Fetch (WL) !!!
Electromagnet (engi)
Chaotic Rift (magus)
Rune of Sundering (RP)
Breath of Tzeench (Zeal)
Divine Shock (WP)
Uncaring Dismissal (DoK)
Wind Blast (AM)
Eeeek! (sham)
Defendable
Git to Da Choppa (choppa) !!!

We all know it aint gonna happen, right?
Guys, without any kind of general balance plan, strict rules and clear statements it will be very hard to proceeding to clear things out.
Each patch brings even more mess into balancing.

Sulorie

Post#144 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:38 am

jasonX wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:43 am 125 moraleburn every at best 4 seconds :P. Shammys give 300 morale per 10 seconds. With chop fasta they give 600 morale per 10 secs. do the maths hehe.
By burning 2 tactic slots. You basically devote yourself to be a moral bot.
On a class which is usually not picked over dok/zeal. For this to happen I actually see way too little shamans in city warbands and instead short before queue time ends, when all the desperate players try to get the last slots for siege.
Dying is no option.

sighy

Post#145 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:44 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:38 am
jasonX wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:43 am 125 moraleburn every at best 4 seconds :P. Shammys give 300 morale per 10 seconds. With chop fasta they give 600 morale per 10 secs. do the maths hehe.
By burning 2 tactic slots. You basically devote yourself to be a moral bot.
On a class which is usually not picked over dok/zeal. For this to happen I actually see way too little shamans in city warbands and instead short before queue time ends, when all the desperate players try to get the last slots for siege.
They're generally picked for morale pump/insta rez/puddles primarily so that the other healers can focus on healing instead of the 3s cast.

Gunlinger

Post#146 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:47 am

Grunbag wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:38 pm All CC that don’t have a damage component are undefendable on the server . DE follow thé same logic . but note that I also made it work like any stagger (it was set like a total disable and didn’t break on all damages) and the immune is set to 20 sec now .
And now it breakes on the WHs own bleeding tactic Jagged Edge in the same moment the Stagger is applied. So we get a knockback that grants the enemy 20 sec stagger stun and silence
immunity for the benefit of getting him staggered for 1 second.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#147 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:55 am

nocturnalguest wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:36 am
Cool, eager to see more fixxes on a broken abilities following same logic then
Undefendable
Fetch (WL) !!!
Electromagnet (engi)
Chaotic Rift (magus)
Rune of Sundering (RP)
Breath of Tzeench (Zeal)
Divine Shock (WP)
Uncaring Dismissal (DoK)
Wind Blast (AM)
Eeeek! (sham)
Defendable
Git to Da Choppa (choppa) !!!

We all know it aint gonna happen, right?
Guys, without any kind of general balance plan, strict rules and clear statements it will be very hard to proceeding to clear things out.
Each patch brings even more mess into balancing.
Pull and KB are not classified as CC In the server.
Disarm / Silence / stagger / knockdown are CC . If there are not tied to a damage component then they are undefendable .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#148 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:00 am

Gunlinger wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:47 am
And now it breakes on the WHs own bleeding tactic Jagged Edge in the same moment the Stagger is applied. So we get a knockback that grants the enemy 20 sec stagger stun and silence
immunity for the benefit of getting him staggered for 1 second.
I guess this is what tooltip says ?

Ads
Grock

Post#149 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:01 am

More and more convoluted inexplicit rule exclusions to make learning/balancing this game even harder than it is...
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#150 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:02 am

I didn’t make those rules , it’s always been like this , it seems you just realise it