Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 08/04/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Foltestik

Re: Patch Notes 08/04/2020

Post#71 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:33 pm

Gunbad is supercrazy if you go middle on that bridge everyone has aggro on you, even orange mobs

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#72 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:34 pm

Wam wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:10 pm
Grunbag wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:35 pm Fix pending for WE and WH accusation / bloodlust with Bs and SR tactic .

Fix pending for Mara morale stop

Those change will be active after next server boot
mara morale stop still not working after boot fyi
It only has 10% chance to proc , are you sure it doesn’t work ?
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

kryss

Post#73 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:37 pm

moderntimes wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:31 pm
kryss wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:25 pm
moderntimes wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:14 pm Whoever created a WE/WH thinking they were gonna wreck people in an aoe warband anyway?
It looks like a lot of people forgot the rogue archetype implemented in every mmo ever created, aka the solo ganking gameplay.
And this clearly shows you don't have any idea about WH/WE in competitive WB endgame gameplay. WHs don't "wreck" in organized WBs (well, they surely can if played well): their main role is to prevent destro morale bombs. If their setup is right (no, dragon gun is not enough) and they are good, they can make a difference about winning or losing a city instance. Not saying that losing sweeping tactic gonna change everything (there are many others factors to be considered), but surely morale draining will get a lot worse. I will try something different and see if it works too, it will need adjustments in a competitive WB. But for many pug WB leaders, already not keen on taking WHs with them, this will be a factor. Also rogues, kings of vanilla WoW PvP, have a use in 40 ppl raids, so why can't WHs and WEs have one too?
No competitive warband needed a WH/WE even before this change. Remove the WE/WH and the warband is fine, nothing crumbles. Nobody can prevent destro morale bombing if they pile up the morale tactics.
WoW PVP raid is not a thing. Rogue ganking on the other hand.
Ask good WB leaders and we'll see if a properly played WH can't prevent morale bombing in cities. I have plenty of first person experience that shows exactly the opposite. *Some* order guild started doing this and it works pretty well: you cannot prevent 100% of morales, but A LOT of them, even with pumps. Just mind your setup/spec/skill/equipment/etc. About rogues in WoW, ofc I was speaking about PvE (i was one): I mean that being good/great/king in solo ganking, doesn't mean you jave to be jackshit in all the other aspects of the game
Last edited by kryss on Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Borek

Post#74 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:39 pm

Exactly Kryss, the idea should be that every class is viable in all aspects of the game, at least to some extent, it's bad idea to make any classes so bad they are not played, that doesn't help anyone, not the players or the devs, coz no one wants to play them and the devs wasted time on an unplayed class...

Tarantoga

Post#75 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:40 pm

moderntimes wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:31 pm
kryss wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:25 pm
moderntimes wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:14 pm Whoever created a WE/WH thinking they were gonna wreck people in an aoe warband anyway?
It looks like a lot of people forgot the rogue archetype implemented in every mmo ever created, aka the solo ganking gameplay.
And this clearly shows you don't have any idea about WH/WE in competitive WB endgame gameplay. WHs don't "wreck" in organized WBs (well, they surely can if played well): their main role is to prevent destro morale bombs. If their setup is right (no, dragon gun is not enough) and they are good, they can make a difference about winning or losing a city instance. Not saying that losing sweeping tactic gonna change everything (there are many others factors to be considered), but surely morale draining will get a lot worse. I will try something different and see if it works too, it will need adjustments in a competitive WB. But for many pug WB leaders, already not keen on taking WHs with them, this will be a factor. Also rogues, kings of vanilla WoW PvP, have a use in 40 ppl raids, so why can't WHs and WEs have one too?
No competitive warband needed a WH/WE even before this change. Remove the WE/WH and the warband is fine, nothing crumbles. Nobody can prevent destro morale bombing if they pile up the morale tactics.
WoW PVP raid is not a thing. Rogue ganking on the other hand.
what a competitive wb needs and what it can field because of options and variety are different points. so sw, engi, ib, am, wh (as order examples) shouldnt ever think about playing wb? :roll:

moderntimes

Post#76 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:48 pm

My point is, when you created your WE/WH character you wanted a class for ganking/smallscale pvp. Yet me the game confirms that it is indeed your primary role you're all up in arms. If you like warband pvp better, it's fine, but you should have realised that and switched to another dps class.

Tarantoga

Post#77 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:49 pm

moderntimes wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:48 pm My point is, when you created your WE/WH character you wanted a class for ganking/smallscale pvp
no i didnt? why would this class have aoe abilities at all if the class isnt made for rvr but just for 1vs1? oO

edit: whatever :roll: archetypes in this game are healer/tank/dps as i remember
Last edited by Tarantoga on Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

moderntimes

Post#78 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:52 pm

Tarantoga wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:49 pm
moderntimes wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:48 pm My point is, when you created your WE/WH character you wanted a class for ganking/smallscale pvp
no i didnt?
Ok then we come full circle back to my first reply and you forgot what a rogue archetype is.

Ads
Borek

Post#79 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:53 pm

How about you stop guessing what other people think when they pick their class Moderntimes since you obviously have no idea what goes on in every other players minds nor can you ever. You also don't know what the Devs want for the class, so are merely projecting from your seemingly extremely limited perspective based on WOW, which is not the game we are playing...if we wanted to be playing it, we would.

WH/WE players feeling they are underperforming in WB's is a perfectly valid point for them to bring up and you have literally made ZERO points other than effectively saying "you knew it was garbo for WB when you rolled it, so deal". That's how games die, when devs just give up on making classes fun and forcing specific meta's down players throats.

Schett

Post#80 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:54 pm

Grunbag wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:34 pm
Wam wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:10 pm
Grunbag wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:35 pm Fix pending for WE and WH accusation / bloodlust with Bs and SR tactic .

Fix pending for Mara morale stop

Those change will be active after next server boot
mara morale stop still not working after boot fyi
It only has 10% chance to proc , are you sure it doesn’t work ?
We did over 100 Demolition, 100 Flail, 80 Wave of Mutilation and not a single proc. The target was a lvl 25 WP
Schett - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: TUP / Deep and Dry - Order ----- The Unlikely Plan - Destruction