Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 15/02/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
geezereur

Re: Patch Notes 15/02/2020

Post#51 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:11 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:24 pm In the future I'll include Invader in this as well, restricting PvP-earned set jewels to slot 4, and PvE earned set jewels to slot 3. It's very much aimed at stacking 4 different set rings.
Thank you for this stacking 4 set rings would be to much.

Ads
Xergon

Post#52 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:34 am

wonshot wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:11 am
anarchypark wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:46 pm
world is so simple in dps pov.

ps. not that current contribution is ok. i'm sure they're fine tuning.
The point I was trying to make, and failed to do so, was that in the rare cases where Stage2 turns into a pure DPS race between the two realms, where tanks, healers and damaing-classes all dogpile on the NPC lords without meeting, not a lot of mitigation is done by the tank archtypes, not too much healing is needed from the healer archtypes and they are assisting with taking the lords down. However the contribution for these Stage2 situations seem to be very often giving very little contribution towards Top DPS players before the 1-999 RNG roll.

This is only week2 ofc, but ive noticed this patern on several instances since the contribution hotfix since attending every citysiege since the hotfix.

But I agree and am sure devs will finetune the contribution for all archtypes to make it an even playingfield, right now DPS-archtypes just seem undertuned, but thats alright for a bit after we had free reign first 4 days.
I think it would be interesting addition something like Champions maybe not huge amount of health but with some abilities, but then again thats like adding PvE stuff to PvP fight, or maybe those champs would be only around BOs, so u could gank Lord inbetween...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Arbich
Suspended

Post#53 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:58 am

The point I was trying to make, and failed to do so, was that in the rare cases where Stage2 turns into a pure DPS race between the two realms, where tanks, healers and damaing-classes all dogpile on the NPC lords without meeting, not a lot of mitigation is done by the tank archtypes, not too much healing is needed from the healer archtypes and they are assisting with taking the lords down. However the contribution for these Stage2 situations seem to be very often giving very little contribution towards Top DPS players before the 1-999 RNG roll.

This is only week2 ofc, but ive noticed this patern on several instances since the contribution hotfix since attending every citysiege since the hotfix.

But I agree and am sure devs will finetune the contribution for all archtypes to make it an even playingfield, right now DPS-archtypes just seem undertuned, but thats alright for a bit after we had free reign first 4 days.
But wouldn't be the solution then to remove contribution and make it totally random?

Because to make contribution balanced for all cases, then even in an instance where your side does 500 kills sometimes the dps-classes should still be at the bottom of contribution. I can't see a way to weight dps and challenge, cc etc. really equally.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Xergon

Post#54 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:07 pm

Arbich wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:58 am

But wouldn't be the solution then to remove contribution and make it totally random?

Because to make contribution balanced for all cases, then even in an instance where your side does 500 kills sometimes the dps-classes should still be at the bottom of contribution. I can't see a way to weight dps and challenge, cc etc. really equally.
In that case, distribution should be distributed equaly on all party members, no matter who is doing what, if DPS is killing, Healer n Tank getting same distribution, if Healer is healing, DPS and Tank getting same distribution. That way Tank and Healer interest will be to keep DPS alive and support properly.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Arbich
Suspended

Post#55 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:27 pm

Xergon wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:07 pm

In that case, distribution should be distributed equaly on all party members, no matter who is doing what, if DPS is killing, Healer n Tank getting same distribution, if Healer is healing, DPS and Tank getting same distribution. That way Tank and Healer interest will be to keep DPS alive and support properly.
So the tank in a group with BW who does guard him and nothing else gets more contribution than a tank in a group with a range sw, who does cc, challenge etc. ? A bit like ch22 pq then?
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#56 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:33 pm

Spoiler:

So you want group to contribute as a unit and than give bags based on that? Won't that end up with one, best, group getting most of bags?

HarkonenTimber

Post#57 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:09 pm

Rockalypse wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:33 pm
Spoiler:

So you want group to contribute as a unit and than give bags based on that? Won't that end up with one, best, group getting most of bags?
Fair work fair pay? Though probably not a good idea with the high ratio of crappers that still remain playing this server --> guaranteed whining.

Soon
Doyoustretch - BO

Aurandilaz

Post#58 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:27 pm

well IMO no ideal solution to the contri - some cases AoE dps would get every bag, if based on healing, in some fights they have barely nothing to heal, and as for tanks... if you play well, and keep CCing people + debuff, your target takes less guard dmg and you yourself also end up with less dmg taken, and dmg done for tanks also doesnt make sense as contribution.
So probably best is completely random?

and assuming no gear in bags, I'd maybe up the amount of bags from 2 gold, to 3 gold 3 purple, 3 blue, 3 green, 3 whites.
Gold maybe giving 20 crests, purple 16, blue 12, green 8, white 4.

Ads
anarchypark

Post#59 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:40 pm

even in dps race, try it without tank or heal. then calculate their values.
IMO, tanks + heals without dps have better chance.
dead dps can't deal.
but that's my personal biased view.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Xergon

Post#60 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:54 pm

Rockalypse wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:33 pm
Spoiler:

There is random roll at the end u know ?
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube