Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
anrix

Re: Patch Notes 04/01/2020

Post#121 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:54 pm

Zxul wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:46 pm
anrix wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:38 pm
Zxul wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:13 pm
Speaking as someone playing snb dps- absorb is a must, Backlash is a must for dps, Quickened Discord is better then Daemonclaw in whatever version or the new tactic, and Flawless Armor I will take over Mixed defenses for pvp any day. Also, HtL+Quake is the main reason to go dps with snb.
IMO warped flesh and backlash are not necessities at high gear/rr. Especially backlash who’s damage doesn’t scale. That should free up at least one tactic for daemonclaw.
Warped Flesh is needed unless you have a dedicated healer (not happening most of the time unless you are in premade), Backlash without scaling does a better dmg than what you will get out of other options (assuming you are getting attacked)- also, as a snb dps, your str isn't high anyway so scaling matters less.
I run a mix of bloodlord/invader. With aura I have roughly 800 str. With the daemonclaw proc I get another 144 str. I also use the bloodlord shield with this setup so I get an extra 5% output. Also not sacrificing armor (4.2k with pot), toughness ( roughly 800), or wounds (roughly 1100).

I get by without warped flesh because my avoidance are maxed on RR traits and pot, or use corrupt retribution aura.

Ads
nebelwerfer

Post#122 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:08 am

Reading all the comments by ppl who think classes with ranged ability dont use auto attacks in melee range is just awkward :|

And that is a very likely Parry aswell, ur crit not so much..

Pumatouch

Post#123 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:16 am

doky wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:24 pm The only chosen/kotbs changes Iam always waiting is mirroring of Focused mending or its nerf. One of the most imbalanced things in this game. Every knight runs it if partied or in wb, even pugs...why is whole realm of Order getting 15% more heals, i still dont get it.
And that's about all the mention Focused Mending gets in 13 pages for its proximity-nerf. Well my little gobbo, you got your wish granted today. Kinda.
Stay Focused without AP regen is a dead aura. Nobody would use it now. Exceeept..
If you want to use Focused Mending tactic you have to run Stay Focused. Who would want to specc for Focused Mending now that the base aura is busted? Nobody, that's who.
Wish granted. "Soft Nerf" of Focused Mending achieved today.
100g says none of you thought of it :P
Last edited by Pumatouch on Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arthur - Slarti - Halgal - Binwin
Each and every Dawi under my command owes me one hundred scalps.
And I want my scalps.

doky

Post#124 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:17 am

Jabba wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:22 pm All you people crying about how "kObS iS DeAd nOW!" should not be allowed to post.

The only nerf that will actually have any impact on a halfway decent KOBS, is the removal of ap from 'Stay Focused!". They are still the best tank in the game by a fair margin

If you were running 2h, you shouldn't have been taking runefang or mighty soul anyway, there are far better options than increasing your own poor damage by a minimal amount. If you were trying to get meaningful dps out of your KOBS in the first place, you are being an active hindrance to any team you're part of.
If you were SnB, why the **** would you care about changes to 'damage' tactics anyway.

TL;DR: Stop whining because you're crap
Gotta bump that for all the haters :D

Detangler

Post#125 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:28 am

Skullgrin wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:30 pm
Detangler wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:16 pm
anrix wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:00 pm I love the daemonclaw changes. It opens up builds for SnB and adds incentive to guard for both SnB and 2H chosen.
I'm not so sure about s/b possibilities with this. Ravage is in the quake line, but 3 sec knockdown and mixed defenses tactic is in a separate line. You would sacrifice a lot of utility/decreased base damage on ravage to get daemonclaw. Which line could you live without?

RoR.builders - Chosen looks like it might be a decent high level build for S&B. RoR.builders - Chosen might also be an interesting (if not exactly optimal) way to go...
Hmmm... you may have changed my mind with that first build. Low discordant instabiity is the only real downside if solo roaming. No quake hurts, but a lot of other nice things in there to make up for it....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

doky

Post#126 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:33 am

Pumatouch wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:16 am
doky wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:24 pm The only chosen/kotbs changes Iam always waiting is mirroring of Focused mending or its nerf. One of the most imbalanced things in this game. Every knight runs it if partied or in wb, even pugs...why is whole realm of Order getting 15% more heals, i still dont get it.
Well my little gobbo, you got your wish today. Kinda.
Stay Focused without AP regen is a dead aura. Nobody would use it now. Exceeept..
If you want to use Focused Mending tactic you have to run Stay Focused. Who would want to specc for Focused Mending now that the base aura is busted? Nobody, that's who.
Iam waiting to see how nobody gonna use Focus mending anymore :D that can't be real. 15% more heal for all is a dead aura?

Pumatouch

Post#127 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:36 am

doky wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:33 am
Pumatouch wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:16 am
Well my little gobbo, you got your wish today. Kinda.
Iam waiting to see how nobody gonna use Focus mending anymore :D that can't be real. 15% more heal for all is a dead aura?
You twist my words. I say the base aura is busted, and to have to use it and add onto it is painful enough that some might actually reconsider using it.
Edit: Okay I did actually write Nobody lol. My point is that there aura, Stay Focused!, is a scarecrow now that people will avoid. Focused Mending requires that aura.
Last edited by Pumatouch on Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arthur - Slarti - Halgal - Binwin
Each and every Dawi under my command owes me one hundred scalps.
And I want my scalps.

Detangler

Post#128 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:46 am

You know it's the same as chosen aura now, right? Sucks to be as broken as a destro toon
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Muurloen

Post#129 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:37 am

I do not understand why Runefang was changed on knights, and then basically given to Chosen.
Muurlat DazKrom - Slayer RR8*
Kmuurlat Von Krom - Knight RR8*

CountTalabecland

Post#130 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:54 am

As people pointed out earlier, if “not all classes get a wb spec,” would the devs please put a big red flag on those without wb specs on the character creation screen, because the Slayers and Bright Wizards of the world don’t need any more Order warbands full of the other dps who seem to think they are viable in the case.

Thanks
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.