Patch Notes 14/09/2019

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer, Language Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dabbart
Posts: 1970

Re: Patch Notes 14/09/2019

Post#11 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:34 pm

Thx for the work on another patch.
Spoiler:
Natherul wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:51 pm
dansari wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:55 pm
Please look at stage 3 during NA being incredibly one sided for defenders. If defenders have as many players as attackers, the Lord should be doing little or no damage. There's a reason people are flipping to defending realm for afk 6 medals, and it doesn't matter if you swap sides at the zone lock because there's no chance the fort will be full anyway (reservations don't matter).
If your going to state what you believe facts then please at least make them right. Defenders dont get 6 medals. Only attackers can get 6 when they win, else its 4.

Also defenders is always 80% of attacking force unless attackers join and then leave, then the defenders can be more as we dont kick people already in it.
Then I believe something is buggy with the system when lower pops are involved. I ran(and posted in /1) pop numbers pretty continuously. The numbers were almost bang on even(ofc, this doesn't count hidden people cause that is still a thing). And one can't argue to just make better groups, as you can't enforce any kind of class restrictions(for joining WB/guild/alliance/etc) since fort is literally the only way any class can get Inv, and everyone over 40/40 that wants to can get in. And thanks to the 4medals for failure, few give any kind of a **** about succeeding. Just bring whatever, afk dead and get your free medals. I know I am not the only one who has seen an entire WB "volunteer" to guard the Jail because they can't be arsed(and that was during EU).

Also, c'mon nath. Dan isn't wrong. Yea, he mistyped 6, but defenders(successful) get a bag Roll which give them additional medals too. Let's not just pick 1 error and discount the issue please. Btw, you said as long as they "don't enter then leave". Is there a reason NOT to do this? If you are in the fort for a few moments on stage 2 get a couple DBs then logout, do you still get Medals at the end? If so.. why?

He didn't say you let more defenders in than attackers, but it happens all the time(equal or disparate numbers for attackers) during NA times. This isn't the first whine post we've collectively made. And that is ignoring his actual point. If the code is working as intended, and everything is equal on coordination/group comps, but it's 36 attackers vs 29(80% of 36=28.8) defenders+Lord+mechanic+Funnel+being punted off so easily by ranged; is damned near impossible. Add in Lords that pull agro through walls, Posterns that can be held and bodyblocked by a single tank(You can't punt them away, since the ceiling is so close, they pop up 1ft then land 2ft back from where they were.), you can't squeese past them, they are just high enough on the Z axis so our engi can't pull em...

Break through that? Then you have to hold agro on the lord(gl, adding Taunt procs on so much gear doesn't help(yes, player issue), deal with the mechanic(that so far I haven't seen any Order that knows or has explained how any Mechanic works other than tank n spank, but I hear plenty of destro making comments about it on forums and disc is there some fancy system to make it "easier"? If so, can we get a clue?), while hoping 1 WE doesn't release them all over again.

With 2-3 WBs, yea it can be done, even with somewhat even numbers. If the fort doesn't fill then it wont fall imo.

And at least a comment on the issue of being able to ignore the reservation system during these times? Could we get a minimum contrib required to enter the Fort? Because there was nothing we could do last night. We started with AAO in CW. Broke Destro a few times, someof them left to TM, rest sat in WC/IC. We go to TM and wipe them, then can't find anything to fight. Bounce around DW, CW, and TM looking. Think, ok lets attack CW keep that'll make a fight. We do that, Destro goes and takes an empty TM keep(but since we defended it once and wiped em, I'm pretty sure it counted as defended for rewards probably be told I'm wrong here though) while we lock CW(taking empty keep) then goes and defends fort. While guaranteed entry because the fort doesn't get close to full. I am the first to argue "that it isn't Xrealm that's the issue" but there literally is no reason not too during low pop times.

Oh, and you need enough DPS to kill the **** Lord in time. I've had 1 successful push/clearance of lord room during NA times. We spanked the lord for 10-15minutes to get him to 70% before it and the destro getting released(player issue) finally wiped us(Dan and I posted about this previously, the DE lord with the Poison "mechanic" that no one will explain outside of Kill the Poison when it pops, which is tough when you don't have enough players to hold the Lord in Center, and the poison is like 2k ticks). I would love to test to see if NA time actually has the people on avg to even kill the lord if there was no defenders, because I'm not convinced there was. What are the numbers/times/DPS per minute required to kill the lord? What's the minimum avg playercount required to hold/kill the lord within the Timer? How many off hour Fort pushes are successful? You guys have the numbers/data, are we just stupid and the only ones failing?

Note: Stage 2 is pointless. It ends up with a crap load of kills, and a lot of people back capping flags then running for the walls. And ground based AoE stopping flag caps from multiple sides of the walls is just petty. Is there any stored server data as to the avg and variance time of stage 2? What is stage 2 supposed to actually accomplish? It's just a time waster and an excuse to farm the uncoordinated/out of coms players. Wounds debuffs don't impact defenders that much, as one just stops capping flags/killing when door hits 20ish% to wait out your timer, while able to take pot-shots to keep people in combat for Morales.

Personally, I would disable Forts during very low pop times if there is no want/need to scale the lord. Enable players to join a Que, if it fills up past X amount then pop it. If not enough players within 30min, cancel the assault due to lack of manpower.

Ads
dansari
Posts: 2460

Re: Patch Notes 14/09/2019

Post#12 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:05 am

Natherul wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:51 pm
dansari wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:55 pm
Please look at stage 3 during NA being incredibly one sided for defenders. If defenders have as many players as attackers, the Lord should be doing little or no damage. There's a reason people are flipping to defending realm for afk 6 medals, and it doesn't matter if you swap sides at the zone lock because there's no chance the fort will be full anyway (reservations don't matter).
If your going to state what you believe facts then please at least make them right. Defenders dont get 6 medals. Only attackers can get 6 when they win, else its 4.

Also defenders is always 80% of attacking force unless attackers join and then leave, then the defenders can be more as we dont kick people already in it.
NA order has initiated 100% of the forts I've been involved in, so I didn't know it wasn't possible for defenders to get 6 medals, but they get bags when they easily win with even numbers (because an npc exists); I don't think that helps your point, simply because: defenders are NOT always 80% of attackers. This is NOT correct, and probably just an assumption you've made based on your reservation system, which is not a factor during NA (we've tested population *multiple* times -- your 80% calculation is false.)

What I state *is* fact, and it's a fact that is not recognized by the current staff because none of the current staff plays order NA (again, the overwhelming majority of forts are initiated by order during NA). There is a very clear reason why stage 2 goes *attackers 130 dbs, defenders 30 dbs,* and stage 3 ends *attackers 170 dbs, defenders 200 dbs*: a non-scaling npc exists to help defenders when there should not be (again, numbers are even -- let the groups pvp). There is a very clear reason why well-known 6mans flip sides to defend a fort: a monkey jerking it with one hand can defend a fort.
<Salt Factory>

Dansarann / SW
Dansaram / RP
Dansaren / BW
Dansarii / Eng
Dansari / WH

User avatar
Natherul
Lead Developer
Posts: 2933
Contact:

Re: Patch Notes 14/09/2019

Post#13 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:30 am

dansari wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:05 am
Natherul wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:51 pm
dansari wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:55 pm
Please look at stage 3 during NA being incredibly one sided for defenders. If defenders have as many players as attackers, the Lord should be doing little or no damage. There's a reason people are flipping to defending realm for afk 6 medals, and it doesn't matter if you swap sides at the zone lock because there's no chance the fort will be full anyway (reservations don't matter).
If your going to state what you believe facts then please at least make them right. Defenders dont get 6 medals. Only attackers can get 6 when they win, else its 4.

Also defenders is always 80% of attacking force unless attackers join and then leave, then the defenders can be more as we dont kick people already in it.
NA order has initiated 100% of the forts I've been involved in, so I didn't know it wasn't possible for defenders to get 6 medals, but they get bags when they easily win with even numbers (because an npc exists); I don't think that helps your point, simply because: defenders are NOT always 80% of attackers. This is NOT correct, and probably just an assumption you've made based on your reservation system, which is not a factor during NA (we've tested population *multiple* times -- your 80% calculation is false.)

What I state *is* fact, and it's a fact that is not recognized by the current staff because none of the current staff plays order NA (again, the overwhelming majority of forts are initiated by order during NA). There is a very clear reason why stage 2 goes *attackers 130 dbs, defenders 30 dbs,* and stage 3 ends *attackers 170 dbs, defenders 200 dbs*: a non-scaling npc exists to help defenders when there should not be (again, numbers are even -- let the groups pvp). There is a very clear reason why well-known 6mans flip sides to defend a fort: a monkey jerking it with one hand can defend a fort.
Please read what I stated again. I did say that 80% is enforced but there is a way to rock that due to us not activly removing players if other side leaves. Also I did not in any way shape or form say that the system is perfect by any means. I do however get angry when falsehoods are spread.
Lead dev does not mean I´m the best coder around, it just means I have taken on a management role for the devs.
Join the Unofficial IRC
Or the Official Discord
Idrinth´s addon database and client

anarchypark
Posts: 1283

Re: Patch Notes 14/09/2019

Post#14 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:04 am

count carefully.
discard afks first.
next deserters who refuse to fight.
next leechers who refuse to die.
and noobs are only 0.5 even 0.3 manpower
unless they do minus like blocking entrance.
what would be real number?

among this real numbers
who have better tanks/heals win imo.

defenders also have deserters, leechers.
they do meatshield at least due to keep terrain. that's difference between attack/defence.
lord is 2tanks 2heals job.
SM8, SW7, AM7, WL4, KoBS4, WP7, WH4, SL3
BG7, Sorc6, DoK7, WE5, Ch6, Magi7, Mara6, Ze6, BO3, SH4, Shm5
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2018.10.26)

Wuhh
Legacy RR80
Posts: 117

Re: Patch Notes 14/09/2019

Post#15 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:21 am

@Management

Any comment on replacing/giving a fix for the wrong Sc weapon being put out for those of us who farmed it? Re. Chosen 1h sword

MT

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 5468
Contact:

Re: Patch Notes 14/09/2019

Post#16 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:54 am

Wuhh wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:21 am
@Management

Any comment on replacing/giving a fix for the wrong Sc weapon being put out for those of us who farmed it? Re. Chosen 1h sword

MT
We will not be offering replacements.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Wuhh
Legacy RR80
Posts: 117

Re: Patch Notes 14/09/2019

Post#17 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:01 am

wargrimnir wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:54 am
Wuhh wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:21 am
@Management

Any comment on replacing/giving a fix for the wrong Sc weapon being put out for those of us who farmed it? Re. Chosen 1h sword

MT
We will not be offering replacements.
thanks for confirmation, if nothing else .. I farm another weapon then


E2a could you put in a defensive sword option?

jasonX
Posts: 136

Re: Patch Notes 14/09/2019

Post#18 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:36 pm

Wuhh wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:01 am
wargrimnir wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:54 am
Wuhh wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:21 am
@Management

Any comment on replacing/giving a fix for the wrong Sc weapon being put out for those of us who farmed it? Re. Chosen 1h sword

MT
We will not be offering replacements.
thanks for confirmation, if nothing else .. I farm another weapon then


E2a could you put in a defensive sword option?
Bad customer support policy :P. Dont buy chineese swords again Wuhh!
Gitbane 80RR Choppa, Giant Pink Blender Coordinator
Gitbaneist 58RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :(, done with Order)

Ads
dansari
Posts: 2460

Re: Patch Notes 14/09/2019

Post#19 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:00 pm

Natherul wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:30 am

Please read what I stated again. I did say that 80% is enforced but there is a way to rock that due to us not activly removing players if other side leaves. Also I did not in any way shape or form say that the system is perfect by any means. I do however get angry when falsehoods are spread.
The population is not decided by people being removed from the fort.
<Salt Factory>

Dansarann / SW
Dansaram / RP
Dansaren / BW
Dansarii / Eng
Dansari / WH

Thunderbragi
Posts: 10

Re: Patch Notes 14/09/2019

Post#20 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:34 pm

Its sadly to hear that about the weapon. Im just wondering, because you havent no information before the patch was out about this weapon will be fixed or somthing wrong with it. i dont cry arround about your policity, and the way your comunity support, its very nice and you do a nice job. But cheanging a weapon with that hardness to get in a singel patch with this extremly swap of stats without any reason befor that this weapon has a wrong exsitence, and hear that the only thing you can do is to farm from begining again isnt realy fair suporting. Maybe im alone with this thinking

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests