Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Altheion

Re: Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Post#41 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:08 pm

I am someone that prefer SC's over RvR and I recently played with a friend, NOT in a premade and our team was dominating as a result our team got 1000 renown in a tier 4 SC rather than the usual 5-10k. We actually got screwed for doing well with random people. After this change I actually uninstalled the game and I will never recommend this to anybody I know ever again.

These are literally the most retarded changes I've ever seen in a game and I have no idea what planet you people come from but it surely aint from this one. If you want to remove premades then make it so you can't sign up with more than 1 or 2 people at a time. Don't actually screw people over that do well on their own outside of premades.

1000 renown in a SC at level 40. It's actually disgusting how dumb these changes are. SC's are now the worst **** in any mmo I've ever seen while RvR is rather inactive and stale for me, I prefered the smaller skirmishes with more active combat than camping castles and such. Now I have no reason at all to play this game. Thank you for that.

Ads
Rida

Post#42 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:10 pm

Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:07 am Not doing the objective and farming kills in SCs are def something we want to penalize, especially when in the last week we saw people actually telling people to do just that in SC chats.

Thats not acceptable.
Following your logic, if i were you i would just remove rvr flaged status and make rvr a big run for capin BO's and keeps (no combat ofc). Side with larger numbers will cap it faster than the opposite one and we can all enjoy the ride, hold our hands and sing kumbaya.
Ridaleth aka Rida aka Whuky Boi
twitch.tv/ridaleth

OldSparky

Post#43 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:10 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:02 am - Empire War Strikers now carry a shield as well as a halberd. For some reason the female War Strikers were able to properly wield a halberd, but the puny Empire men just held their arms straight out to the sides when asked to carry one on duty. They will still murder you instantly either way.
"Puny Empire Men" were actually just T-Posing to assert dominance.
Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:08 pm SCs are objective based. Why do you think you should win a scenario by kills alone? Because to me thats an outright fallacy
Because it's still a PvP battleground, objective or no objective (which means killing players is a big part of the game).

peterthepan3

Post#44 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:26 pm

Onemantankwall wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:00 pm Wasnt you the one basically demanding shorter scs so you can farm more pugs 99% of the time (your number)????
I didn't 'demand' anything; I said that Domination wasn't kicking in where it should have been. You would end up in a SC where the enemy would stay at their WC, idling with no intention of trying to get back into the game, and the premade would be the one who would have to run the objective, back-to-back and uncontested, for the better part of 5-10 minutes. This was ridiculous, and needed to change.
They shorten it like you wanted and u still throw a hissy tsk tsk...
It was never about 'shortening' SC, per se; it was about fixing the Domination mechanic so that it kicked in when it should. That being said, you should not be penalised for dominating your opposition: your opposition should be motivated to get their asses into shape, and stop getting farmed. Now we have a situation where actually outplaying your enemy will net you less rewards than if you didn't.
and dont you have every sc wep/armor piece in the game from years of farming pugs 99% (once again your numbers) of the time?
Actually, I don't. Wanna know why? I have very, very little reason to bother with SC when PvE is much, much more attractive.
Cant complete simple objectives? Sounds like a L2P ;) issue but ofc you outplay everyone (chuckles)
You probably shouldn't be telling me to L2P.

Click here to watch on YouTube
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Klozje

Post#45 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:29 pm

The SC changes are just beyond stupid tbh, the game was always marketed as a MMO with a PvP focus. The PvP was why people liked it.... and instead of trying to understand what got people hooked on the game the devs keep insisting on forcing their own views of how the game should be played upon us.

Those views seem to be: #1 pacifism, #2 sitting at flags, #3 carrying boxes around.
Isnt it already bad enough that the gear from SC's is basically pointless? You also have to try to forcefully make people stop fighting in SC's too?

Mrtenbelow666
Banned

Post#46 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:30 pm

Natherul, you should stop touching the code but most importantly be kept far far away from annything pvp 'balance' and changes related.
I guess you got what you wanted now.
The game was already a 90% pug infestation but now you will be left with pure PvE loving, objective humping, mindless, spam aoe on hero and avoid anny form of fights kinda players.
You really want to turn this PVP game in a full out pug emporium?
Sure. scenarios are objective based, doesnt mean you have to penalize anny form of pvp and organanization.
The objectives are just there to give it some form of mix atleast.
But noooo, just penalize PvP fully.
You clearly forgot the roots of this game, why everyone used to play this game.
Now your just taking a **** on those roots and spoonfeed all the peanut heads.
People like you, should never ever have anny say in annything PvP related.

RIP WAR i guess

User banned from forum for personal attacks

rmpl

Post#47 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:43 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:26 pm
Click here to watch on YouTube
:lol: :lol: :lol: the absolute state of people defending this change

zak68

Post#48 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:48 pm

on my lvl 10 marauder charge animation is still "strange" ... seems affected by convulsive slashing syndrome.

Ads
Flavorburst

Post#49 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:53 pm

Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:07 am Not doing the objective and farming kills in SCs are def something we want to penalize, especially when in the last week we saw people actually telling people to do just that in SC chats.

Thats not acceptable.
I would imagine you see this chat in the SCs where capping is a bit too punishing. Specifically Talabec Dam, and to a slightly lesser degree Howling Gorge.

Conversely, you DON'T see this behavior during SCs like Phoenix Gate.

Why is this?

1) The timer for the barrel to explode is way too short in TD/HG. You practically have to double sprint in order to cap with 0 opposition. In PG, you have practically unlimited time to reach the capture point.

2) Somewhat related to the first point, you more or less HAVE to wipe the enemy team in order to have a shot at capping since the map is laid out in such a way in TD/HG that you need to wade into a pvp hotspot in order to get the part and run away with it. This creates a very slim margin for error. Alternately, in PG you can just walk around the fighting and deal with the objective (if that's your thing). The terrain even favors the part runner with cliffs and being able to path in front of your own WC.

3) The amount of points for capturing in TD/HG is absurdly low for the amount of risk involved. You get, what 75/80 points for capping, 10-20 for picking the part up? In PG, you get double that (unless you have to cap mid, which means you have people actively competing against you).

Instead of changing Domination (which seems like it would have unintended consequences in SCs that are "fine"), I think that addressing these issues would go further towards making these SCs (mainly TD and HG, which are pretty well disliked) tolerable for the general public as well as having them play out the way you want (with people going for the objectives).

Arthem

Post#50 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:55 pm

New meta everyone rolls healers and tanks because you're not allowed to die in this game anymore else there will be punishment.