Ads

Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
OldSparky

Re: Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Post#201 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:19 pm

Jastojan wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:55 am
OldSparky wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:30 am Also pretty sure any other tank easily outdamages Chosen/Knight btw...
Dmg is only one part of this. The main thing is the survivability - where the Kotbs is number one. From the point of view of destro player - SM or IB could only watch how Kotbs fight while SM or IB is paying his 20 silvers for a heal... chosen, BO and BG are the same (paying for a heal while Kotbs still fighting).
True, Knight is incredibly strong due to his survivability, but if you play it right, IB can be really strong in that regard as well.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#202 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:42 pm

Scenarios ending too prematurely, giving 2 emblems even if you are doing both the objective and winning on kills.

OldSparky

Post#203 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:23 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:42 pm Scenarios ending too prematurely, giving 2 emblems even if you are doing both the objective and winning on kills.
Why are you farming pugs at their spawn!?

Seriously tho - this system is not only too easy to trigger, but it's also badly exploitable in order to deny winners their well-earned rewards, leaving any meaningful emblem earnings to sc quests.

kmark101

Post#204 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:39 pm

OldSparky wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:30 am Also pretty sure any other tank easily outdamages Chosen/Knight btw...
That is actually wrong, knight can do good damage under right build/specs with 2h. Chosen is actually high damage now in new gear with ravage spam is back again.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#205 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:54 pm

OldSparky wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:23 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:42 pm Scenarios ending too prematurely, giving 2 emblems even if you are doing both the objective and winning on kills.

Seriously tho - this system is not only too easy to trigger, but it's also badly exploitable in order to deny winners their well-earned rewards, leaving any meaningful emblem earnings to sc quests.
Aside from reassuring you that there are situations where it is fully intended to trigger, we're not done with the system yet and more checks will be put in place where appropriate. Unfortunately collecting feedback is a lot of whiny noise at the moment and it's legitimately difficult to take some sh people seriously, which means we end up going out and running scenarios ourselves. If you can provide examples of scens where you feel it's not working as intended that would help to determine appropriate thresholds. Most of the scens I've run weren't nearly as bad as what's being made out to be here.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Bozzax

Post#206 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:14 pm

Yep

Impressions so far ... more pops ... less kill farm ... Very few domination and fewer ”bugged dominations”.
Last edited by Bozzax on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

uanaka

Post#207 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:25 pm

Hard to say whether or not domination is working effectively, when domination doesn't appear to work in most scenarios? I don't have any screenshots or videos, but at the very least Doomfist Crater does not have the domination mechanic.

I don't think the scenario changes are that bad, but it is a shame that even with objective play balanced with killing, some scenarios will just run down the timer and no win-bonuses are applied. So I guess in situations whether domination isn't actively ticking and the time runs down, it'd be nice to have the points padded out to 500 so the winners get the bonus rewards.

Also, is there any mechanic in place to prevent teams from suiciding to proc domination intentionally to end a scenario faster?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#208 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:28 pm

Guard kills probably don't count as team kills? That level of intentional abuse a GM would be happy to resolve however.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
OldSparky

Post#209 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:30 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:54 pm
OldSparky wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:23 pm

Aside from reassuring you that there are situations where it is fully intended to trigger, we're not done with the system yet and more checks will be put in place where appropriate. Unfortunately collecting feedback is a lot of whiny noise at the moment and it's legitimately difficult to take some sh people seriously, which means we end up going out and running scenarios ourselves. If you can provide examples of scens where you feel it's not working as intended that would help to determine appropriate thresholds. Most of the scens I've run weren't nearly as bad as what's being made out to be here.
Thresholds should be tweaked only if the system in-place actually works to prevent what it's supposed to prevent, but when a team crushes the enemy in what I guess the staff considers "legit" scenario play (doing the objective, killing for the objective) and gets only a fraction of a reward, it's not exactly working as intended.

I remember doing Phoenix Gate yesterday or two days ago, in which we were controlling area where their flag spawns and constantly running it - Domination kicked in hard because the enemy didn't manage to get 10 kills so the scenario ended rather quickly and I only ended up getting 2 or 3 emblems (not counting the rewards from SC quests btw). (Sorry, I don't have a screenshot for that one)

I realize it was implemented to punish pug-farming groups and such (which, in a PvP game, sounds like one of many occurences) but it also ends up punishing people just winning SCs by a considerable margin (not by pug farming) in general.
Last edited by OldSparky on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uanaka

Post#210 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:37 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:28 pm Guard kills probably don't count as team kills? That level of intentional abuse a GM would be happy to resolve however.
My bad, I didn't mean suiciding into guards. I meant just running into the dominating team to feed kills. Actually, I won't say it's intentionally running. But perhaps lack of situational awareness that the dominated team was resigned to sit in spawn or something else. But I assume it was meant to start domination and deprive dominating team (that wasn't spawn camping or anything, and they were running the objective while controlling objective dropoffs) of any further rewards