Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
qwerty113

Re: Patch Notes 17/08/2019

Post#81 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:31 pm

Reesh wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:58 am
Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:45 am
As Grunbag mentioned we will look over the SH and if they really need more damage after this change we will look into adding more scaling on those abilities. Having to stack 2 25% damage increase tactics is not how something should be.
I will tell you guys straight away - YES, that tree require more base damage on abilities.
Sad thing is now for next 2 months class won't be touched due to "observing how it performs", even though everyone knows it will and is bad.

At least make so, masterful aim tactic converts ballistic from it to strenght, if the msh wants to slot a 4th damage increasing tactic - as currently there is no real 4th damage boosting one.
Give SH more damage ?! Its trolling ?
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#82 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:36 pm

I am actually in vacation i can’t reply to every post sorry guys
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

TenTonHammer

Post#83 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:39 pm

qwerty113 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:31 pm
Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:45 am
As Grunbag mentioned we will look over the SH and if they really need more damage after this change we will look into adding more scaling on those abilities. Having to stack 2 25% damage increase tactics is not how something should be.
I will tell you guys straight away - YES, that tree require more base damage on abilities.
Sad thing is now for next 2 months class won't be touched due to "observing how it performs", even though everyone knows it will and is bad.

At least make so, masterful aim tactic converts ballistic from it to strenght, if the msh wants to slot a 4th damage increasing tactic - as currently there is no real 4th damage boosting one.
I know it might be hard for you to see things through your order biased point of view but mSH just lost one of their big dps tools, mSH literally a class no one was complaining about nor over performing in any way so yes they should be compensated
There’s only so long that the devs can go around gutting destro’s playstyles before people get fed up

OldSparky

Post#84 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:40 pm

To be fair, the intent behind the SC change isn't necessarily bad but execution of the change is unfortunately bad.

When you're doing objectives and keep on killing to maintain control of those objectives (including losses) and accidentally win too fast because domination kicks in then something is clearly wrong. Either make the higher kill limit for domination to kick in or make it so you need to maintain uninterrupted killing spree for it to kick in (and raise the domination limit a bit).

Nath, I'm not trying to spew negativity. I'm only trying to provide criticism for the change I don't fully agree with.

qwerty113

Post#85 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:50 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:39 pm
qwerty113 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:31 pm

I know it might be hard for you to see things through your order biased point of view but mSH just lost one of their big dps tools, mSH literally a class no one was complaining about nor over performing in any way so yes they should be compensated
There’s only so long that the devs can go around gutting destro’s playstyles before people get fed up
You see the point, this meatball just jump to any class with light armor and he just wipe them by the knock 2-3 secs. Even the most burst class like WE/WH cant do it ! Melee SH was totally overpowering. I know what im talking about, cus played a lot solo and this dps is insane.
I think class'es with ability like Pounce shouldn't have this kind of burst.
Last edited by qwerty113 on Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

uanaka

Post#86 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:55 pm

What are you supposed to do in the situation where the dominated side doesnt even let you play the objective?

Plenty of times I have been in scenarios where we are dominating one side and WANT to run the objective just to end the scenario sooner, but the dominated side just camp drop-off points and get farmed? But they hold out long enough for the bomb to blow up or whatever the mechanic may be.

Sulorie

Post#87 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:05 pm

Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:41 pm
OldSparky wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:36 pm
Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:17 pm Mind you that Im far from the only person on the team who thought the situation with SCs where an issue and nor was it my idea to do this implementation but Im all for it.

Again SCs are objective based, not a free for all kill party.
But did you or the team consider the fact that players are also gonna kill to get to the objective? People won't just punt eachother away to get to the objective - they will fight and kill for the objective. So if a team goes on to kill to hold the objective and accidentally get 12 kills then Domination should kick in? This is actually absurd because I think there's nothing more discouraging than getting the message about being dominated.

Personally I'd at least double the killcount and make it an uninterrupted killing spree for the domination to kick in.
If you have such ideas then why the full out negativity out the gate? All systems we do can be tweaked and no system is ever implemented with a sticker saying that it wont change in the future.

We did consider that and as such are observing. But again it means that one team have more then 2 fp kills more then the other. In most SCs kill count ends with highest numbers around 30 ish in my experience. In this case if the winners get 30 then the team loosing needed to get 18 kills or domination would kick in. Is that unreasonable?

Ill stress that we are in no way against kills per say, we are against people going in a SC and purposefully ignoring objective. Previous mechanics this was encouraged by the system as if you simple had slightly more points you would want to max kills for rewards as the system in the end would score you up regardless and then you reap max rewards for not doing objectives.
Some single players are making 30 kills alone, not to mention the rest of their team.

With sc queue times so long, sc finishing with 1k rp because domination are horrible.
Dying is no option.

qwerty113

Post#88 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:12 pm

Why you start so much drama about this scenes, if you have premade you could easy que on 6x6 scenario. Domination on scenes over pug 24x7 its also not a good point to make population more, so we should think about it.
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#89 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:13 pm

qwerty113 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:50 pm

You see the point, this meatball just jump to any class with light armor and he just wipe them by the knock 2-3 secs. Even the most burst class like WE/WH cant do it ! Melee SH was totally overpowering. I know what im talking about, cus played a lot solo and this dps is insane.
Oh you mean like white lion? :roll:

qwerty113

Post#90 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:18 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:13 pm
qwerty113 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:50 pm

Oh you mean like white lion? :roll:
Sure like wl also ! Im for balance !! ;)
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread