Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
witchdoctor

Re: Patch notes 06/07/2019

Post#21 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:28 pm

Grunbag wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:35 pm
witchdoctor wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:25 pm Rp absorb animation not work ;(
Just tested on live and the bubble vfx works fine . Restart your client
ah ja musste die Taktik rein raus nehmen ^^ mein fail ;P danke für die Arbeit...

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#22 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:46 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:48 pm

personal opinions can be vary.
I'll play current version of RoR over any lives of AoR.
also i prefer torq style than aza.
late version of aza balance seem questionable, sm 2h kd, another stealther escape, sw thing(reverted).
and he brought back zerg morale bomb.

it's just unfinished business, thx to forum warriors witch hunting.
remember how aza was blamed for balance b4 torq?
anyway both talented devs, too bad all gone. I miss his haha no meme.

so stop spreading personal opinion on patchnote like it's something and go to balance forum.
contribute tiny bit compare to volunteering devs.
Personal options vary indeed

Yet I can indeed say that everyone prefers any version of RoR to AoR simply because stuff actually gets fixed here, thunderous blow isn’t ignoring 50% armor and hitting people for 2k and the like

Everything you stated as an example of Az balance I don’t see an issue with?

Another escape ok but their still not desired in 6 mans over other dps options, you gank 1 person still in a WB situation and your just gonna get blown up immediately afterwards and neither still have a good warband spec so it’s strong in 1v1 duos or trios but then so what? WH and We have always been so that’s nothing new

KOTBS, chosen, ib, bo, even BG all have the choice to get a KD while still going 2H why should am be any different especially now that the days of double spirit debuff are over?

Why is that an issue? Literally no one complains about Sm anymore

Zerg morale bombing never left, orvr has always been about morales, bombing and zergs and that has never changed

None of it was worse than torqs guardian white lion or the overbuffed 65ft GTDC but I’m biased because to this day I’m still bitter about 2H chosen and SnB dps bo

It wasn’t a “witch hunt”

The balance forums are chocked full of all manner proposals, none have moved forward or been rejected or been addressed in any real way adding my suggestions at this point will achieve nothing and Im going to wait till the forum at least has a balance moderated and they start looking at proposals again

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#23 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:16 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:46 pm The balance forums are chocked full of all manner proposals, none have moved forward or been rejected or been addressed in any real way adding my suggestions at this point will achieve nothing and Im going to wait till the forum at least has a balance moderated and they start looking at proposals again
Yeah, we've tried the whole balance moderator path several times with the same results. Don't expect us to put hand on hot stove again. If something interesting or sane is worth discussing, it'll get moved. When we have crazy ideas, we'll toss them in there to bake for feedback, expecting nothing less than a full reprisal from salty warriors before and after implementation. That's what we've come to expect in every phase of forum involvement with the balance forum. No reason to expect anything different.

That might seem a bit dismissive, it is a bit dismissive, but it doesn't invalidate people that provide decent feedback, Just an acknowledgement of the sad majority of people participating there. On top of that, if you throw enough **** against the wall, something will stick, and we might find a nugget. So keep on keeping on with the proposals anyway I guess.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Telen
Suspended

Post#24 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:45 am

rmpl wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:12 pm
Telen wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:10 pm Its interesting how the difference in playerbase/playstyle has changed how balance is viewed. On live WL were pretty average and mostly seen as a gank class. Whereas Slayer was king on live. So I dont think theres really a balance problem or it would have been there on live too. Its just players playing differently.
Live didn't have Torq.
Watch what happens when cities are released and end game gear comes from a scale where frontloaded st dps isnt effective. We arent in a live situation and balance isnt complete because of missing features. Balance isnt much different than live except for a few classes that have had a boost. WL was just as dominant in ganking/st durst in live but it wasnt a problem because everyone wanted to get to city and bomb for gear.

zulnam

Post#25 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:28 am

Man i was really happy to see that fort disconnect implementation yesterday after the server crash. :p
Good job!

Also i agree with wargrimnir about the feedback forums, nothing they will add will make everybody happy. This is a forum with 1000 people and 2000 conflicting opinions which makes me think some folks wish RoR was a MSORPG.

Nevermind the fact that most suggestion feedback posts are utter garbage. I don’t want to point fingers but most boil down to “i don’t like this mechanic, it needs to change!”. Sometimes a decent discussions is born but that’s rare.

Perhaps it would be clearer what’s popular or not if the forum had a thread-voting feature similar to reddit. It might not change much from the development side, but it would help players understand that maybe their vision of unbalanced is not shared.

Then again those people would probably shift blame to devs rigging votes or fanboys. This is the internet, no one really understands much.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

anarchypark

Post#26 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:30 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:46 pm
Personal options vary indeed

Yet I can indeed say that everyone prefers any version of RoR to AoR simply because stuff actually gets fixed here, thunderous blow isn’t ignoring 50% armor and hitting people for 2k and the like

Everything you stated as an example of Az balance I don’t see an issue with?

Another escape ok but their still not desired in 6 mans over other dps options, you gank 1 person still in a WB situation and your just gonna get blown up immediately afterwards and neither still have a good warband spec so it’s strong in 1v1 duos or trios but then so what? WH and We have always been so that’s nothing new

KOTBS, chosen, ib, bo, even BG all have the choice to get a KD while still going 2H why should am be any different especially now that the days of double spirit debuff are over?

Why is that an issue? Literally no one complains about Sm anymore

Zerg morale bombing never left, orvr has always been about morales, bombing and zergs and that has never changed

None of it was worse than torqs guardian white lion or the overbuffed 65ft GTDC but I’m biased because to this day I’m still bitter about 2H chosen and SnB dps bo

It wasn’t a “witch hunt”

The balance forums are chocked full of all manner proposals, none have moved forward or been rejected or been addressed in any real way adding my suggestions at this point will achieve nothing and Im going to wait till the forum at least has a balance moderated and they start looking at proposals again

i'll derail patchnote 1 last time.
2h sm KD was khaine/vaul. now it's khaine/hoeth. i'll skip details.
one should have it cuz every others have it?
why should everybody have same thing, that's question.
in fact, it reduced spec variety, same as BO snb.
no one complains about buff. that's how balance warriors act.

morale bomb... u must be enjoying fort.
that's where bomb is centered for design. terrain made it so? no
it's egg or chicken. they exist together.
b4 patch, there was long interval between morale bombs for players to do other things
than stack, wait, push same button together.

insta stealth was implemented as wb tool, afaik.
nobody use it as intended, just 1 more escaping tool.

and many more. ( looking at engie/magus )
it may sound like it's big problem but it's not. just small details.
hope someone show up and swing balance hammer.

ps. i don't blame aza, he was the one tried to balance morales.
later versions were not like him, to me.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

scatterthewinds

Post#27 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:10 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:16 am
TenTonHammer wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:46 pm The balance forums are chocked full of all manner proposals, none have moved forward or been rejected or been addressed in any real way adding my suggestions at this point will achieve nothing and Im going to wait till the forum at least has a balance moderated and they start looking at proposals again
Yeah, we've tried the whole balance moderator path several times with the same results. Don't expect us to put hand on hot stove again. If something interesting or sane is worth discussing, it'll get moved. When we have crazy ideas, we'll toss them in there to bake for feedback, expecting nothing less than a full reprisal from salty warriors before and after implementation. That's what we've come to expect in every phase of forum involvement with the balance forum. No reason to expect anything different.

That might seem a bit dismissive, it is a bit dismissive, but it doesn't invalidate people that provide decent feedback, Just an acknowledgement of the sad majority of people participating there. On top of that, if you throw enough **** against the wall, something will stick, and we might find a nugget. So keep on keeping on with the proposals anyway I guess.
Why not just entrust balance to a small group of elite players to make the final decisions, unencumbered by members of the dev team that quite frankly aren't as good at the game. (I don't mean that as an insult, but let's be honest).

Skullgrin

Post#28 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:57 pm

scatterthewinds wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:10 pm Why not just entrust balance to a small group of elite players to make the final decisions, unencumbered by members of the dev team that quite frankly aren't as good at the game. (I don't mean that as an insult, but let's be honest).

Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! Do I qualify??? If so, massive Archmage nerfs incoming!!! :lol: :twisted: :lol:
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads
scatterthewinds

Post#29 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:02 am

Skullgrin wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:57 pm
scatterthewinds wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:10 pm Why not just entrust balance to a small group of elite players to make the final decisions, unencumbered by members of the dev team that quite frankly aren't as good at the game. (I don't mean that as an insult, but let's be honest).

Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! Do I qualify??? If so, massive Archmage nerfs incoming!!! :lol: :twisted: :lol:
No

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#30 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:21 am

scatterthewinds wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:10 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:16 am

Why not just entrust balance to a small group of elite players to make the final decisions, unencumbered by members of the dev team that quite frankly aren't as good at the game. (I don't mean that as an insult, but let's be honest).
Just no. Its been shown that regardless who in in charge of the balance its biased and if we devs have to make the changes we will not make changes we see as obvious biased or otherwise bad.