Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer, Language Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Grunbag
Project Team
Posts: 1641

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#71 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:31 am

Aurandilaz wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:50 am
peterthepan3 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:43 pm

<-- has full Sentinel on BG and DOK, and intends to run Bastion Stair (because I have no other choice if I want to do things other than farm trashgeared lowbies), but nice strawman attempt regardless.

Point is that there shouldn't be one-all, end-all part of the game that is encouraged, often at the expense of others; it's a pretty **** simple concept to grasp.
You know, that's how its always been?
Best gear for many classes - RvR
Best weapons for many classes - Scs
Best gear for some niche classes - pve

You like Scs, so you have no issues with some gear being locked behind massive sc grind. Many people just take a look at Oppressor prices or the cost of farming hours needed for rr61 sc weapons, and just decide, "nope, dont have 200-500hours" just to get bit better stats.
No one bats an eye when many of the primary sets for dps/tanks/heals, are locked behind RvR progress, or Vanq/Invader grind. Vanq grind is even pretty easy, the Invader grind meanwhile next level masochism and being lucky to log in at right time assuming one realm has spent previous 4-8 hours pushing campaign so you can be lucky and get to enjoy endzone + fort leech.
Now PvE gear is slowly rising as a contender. Sure, Redeye was maybe good for some tank specs, but harsh reality is that Redeye for most classes sits in their bank accounts because it is a very niche gear with weird bonuses, for majority of classes. Sentinel, apart from 2-3 bonuses, also has weird 4pc-5pc-6pc-7pc bonuses, with many choosing to take usual 2-3 gear pieces and putting rest in bank. Maybe some specs benefited from Sent, like 2h tanks or dps healers, but healers, mdps/rdps, SNB tanks sighed, and kept farming it anyway for wards, despite knowing they would just put the gear into bank vault once finished.
Now again, with BS - some classes like dps heals or "balls to the walls" dps tanks, they gain considerable extra benefits from said gear, other classes just grind it and dump it in bank. With stats like Disrupt on WE/WH bonuses, you can just laugh at the gear. Maybe it will be mixed into 2-3 pc setups for some classes, but the gear bonuses tend to be weird at best for many classes.

The weapon seems like an upgrade (with nerf to subjus + nerf to city epic weapons it is an upgrade), so I guess that will be used at least. I think its just a pretty messed system, city weapons barely 1 month out, and now they already nerfed to oblivion so that next BS weapon can be bit better than them.


tldr - there has always been a split between gaining gear from rvr/scs/pve - even on live. I'd rejoice if my "mains" would get better gear from BS, but looks like I just farm it for wards and them dump it my bank, as was case with Redeye and Sentinel both.
Not sure it nerfed city weapons : you can take 2 weapons with direct damage proc (2x300) when you can have +5% damage + Penalty (heal/toughness/armor) with Bloodlord weapons . Bloodlord are the same type of buff (you can’t have 2x +5%) and 5% is 50 more damage on a 1000 damage hit. I think sentinel direct damage proc is far better .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Image

Ads
Sulorie
Posts: 4088

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#72 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:57 am

peterthepan3 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:16 am
Bloodlord sets are the new go-to for DPS healers and tanks.
Do you mean melee dd healers?
Current Bloodlord as full set is not viable at all for dps sham/am. It's useful as 2pc or 3pc, if the jewel counts towards set pieces.
Dying is no option.

anarchypark
Posts: 1283

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#73 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:05 am

i don't understand these 'gimme more free' ppl.
you like A so everything should be drop from A. that's good design.
new B way introduced. that's bad. because u know what? it's A game.
same stupid logic over and over again for decade.
greedy, lazy demands.
just enjoy slow free riding. gears will follow.
SM8, SW7, AM7, WL4, KoBS4, WP7, WH4, SL3
BG7, Sorc6, DoK7, WE5, Ch6, Magi7, Mara6, Ze6, BO3, SH4, Shm5
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2018.10.26)

User avatar
rmpl
Posts: 766

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#74 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:09 am

Sulorie wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:57 am
peterthepan3 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:16 am
Bloodlord sets are the new go-to for DPS healers and tanks.
Do you mean melee dd healers?
Current Bloodlord as full set is not viable at all for dps sham/am. It's useful as 2pc or 3pc, if the jewel counts towards set pieces.
There is no jewel but a cloak.

Sulorie
Posts: 4088

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#75 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:14 am

rmpl wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:09 am
Sulorie wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:57 am
peterthepan3 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:16 am
Bloodlord sets are the new go-to for DPS healers and tanks.
Do you mean melee dd healers?
Current Bloodlord as full set is not viable at all for dps sham/am. It's useful as 2pc or 3pc, if the jewel counts towards set pieces.
There is no jewel but a cloak.
I have seen screenshots of a jewel and it didn't look like photoshop. :P
Dying is no option.

Tellark
Posts: 11

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#76 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:31 am

anarchypark wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:05 am
i don't understand these 'gimme more free' ppl.
you like A so everything should be drop from A. that's good design.
new B way introduced. that's bad. because u know what? it's A game.
same stupid logic over and over again for decade.
greedy, lazy demands.
just enjoy slow free riding. gears will follow.
sorry to disappoint you. I dont play any class that need something from pve.
And i dont want to disappoint you again. Nobody wrote here it has to get over a because it is a A game. I talked about preferences. Everbody should be able to get everything he need / wants over that element what he enjoys at most. I dont see why that should be bad for the players for the game or for the server and from all the replys I got till now there was no answer on that. Only offtopic stuff.

User avatar
rmpl
Posts: 766

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#77 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:37 am

Sulorie wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:14 am
rmpl wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:09 am
Sulorie wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:57 am


Do you mean melee dd healers?
Current Bloodlord as full set is not viable at all for dps sham/am. It's useful as 2pc or 3pc, if the jewel counts towards set pieces.
There is no jewel but a cloak.
I have seen screenshots of a jewel and it didn't look like photoshop. :P
It doesn't count as part of the set, the colouring is wrong as it should be purple (this was confirmed by warg)

User avatar
Grunbag
Project Team
Posts: 1641

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#78 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:06 am

rmpl wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:37 am
Sulorie wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:14 am
rmpl wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:09 am

There is no jewel but a cloak.
I have seen screenshots of a jewel and it didn't look like photoshop. :P
It doesn't count as part of the set, the colouring is wrong as it should be purple (this was confirmed by warg)
Jewel is not part of the set . Cloak replaced this jewel
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Image

Ads
User avatar
Ototo
Posts: 514

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#79 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:23 am

Tellark wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:31 am
anarchypark wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:05 am
i don't understand these 'gimme more free' ppl.
you like A so everything should be drop from A. that's good design.
new B way introduced. that's bad. because u know what? it's A game.
same stupid logic over and over again for decade.
greedy, lazy demands.
just enjoy slow free riding. gears will follow.
sorry to disappoint you. I dont play any class that need something from pve.
And i dont want to disappoint you again. Nobody wrote here it has to get over a because it is a A game. I talked about preferences. Everbody should be able to get everything he need / wants over that element what he enjoys at most. I dont see why that should be bad for the players for the game or for the server and from all the replys I got till now there was no answer on that. Only offtopic stuff.
You were actually reasonable, but Peter loose your cause for you both.

Look, i understand your point, now let's understand you mine: I play causally when I can and hardcore when I have the time. I like both PvE and PvP content cuase I like stories too, and so from time to time I go to PvE zone and do some quests for the readings. I prefer PvP, that's why this game fits me, yet still I like both. I do enjoy also to have some dungeons from time to time, for the pleasure of it, but, guess what?? If there is no valuable reward in the dungeon, nearly nobody will play it for fun. I was not on live server when rr100 gear was released, but I presume that from that moment onwards ToVL was allways empty and nobody cared anymore about the Expedition Resources, or even for LotD at all unless that they were grinding experience. Suddenly, Tyrant gear worth nothing. That's plainly bad if you want to simply run that pyramid some day, for the joy of see it and have a good story been told.

And I honestly hope that, when final end-game gear is released, the PvE gear stays on freaking same level as PvP one, or 1-2 out of 80 levels below, or guess what?? Dungeons will be empty again, and I will have to wait for days to make a group to run a dungeon, via discord cause in-game /5 will be dead, and with chances that when the day come, someone can't come and we have to search for hours a substitute.

You have to understand that, while you find the joy in looking at your character and been proud to have min-maxed it, which is not a bad thing per-se, I do find the joy in playing the content that I want when I can and want. And there is no proudness in easy grinds for you, same as there is no joy in incredibly serious and robotic dungeons runs for me. We have diff concepts of what we expect of the game. Your point of view can be bad when you start to simply want a grind inside the grinds you are doing or you did, instead of starting a new one. But if you want to, you have to start a new one. I will only complain when people with ultra-hardcore grinds try to simply feel superior to the other, either in the forum cause they feel that the grind gives them more knownledge, or in the game cuase they want to roflstomp other players. Cause I'm half the time a causal player, and I feel disappointed when I enter the game to escape reality and find these persons using their power, like in real life the world is, to crush people instead of to help people.

My 2cents.
Characters
Order:
Empire------->Ototo (WP), Marajade (KoBS), Atata (WH), Flama (BW)
High Elves--->Aduril (AM), Liruda (SM), Elearia (WL), Lambrusco (SW)
Dwarves----->Durilam (Slayer)
Destruction:
Chaos-------->Sigmana (Zealot), Arehucas (Chosen), Spike (Marauder), Falcata (Magus)
Dark Elves--->Dathenor (BG)

MARTILLO DE GUERRA (Cofradía Hispano-Parlante)

Sulorie
Posts: 4088

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#80 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:29 am

Grunbag wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:06 am
rmpl wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:37 am
Sulorie wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:14 am

I have seen screenshots of a jewel and it didn't look like photoshop. :P
It doesn't count as part of the set, the colouring is wrong as it should be purple (this was confirmed by warg)
Jewel is not part of the set . Cloak replaced this jewel
Isn't cloak meant to have a talisman slot?
Dying is no option.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests