Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
mogt

Re: Patch Notes 01/06/2019

Post#31 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:29 pm

iam very happy with the patch notes, all do a very good jon and continue the work ty all staffmembers and BS is a very cool thing :-) ^^

Ads
bricksxe

Post#32 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:33 pm

Keep up the good work Devs!!

Ototo

Post#33 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:33 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:22 pm
Grunbag wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:05 pm
Skullgrin wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:01 pm

Oh yay... 30-40 hours grinding for useless gear so I can wear the new gear... :(
But you can grind all of them at the same time and not one after the other

Yea, let me get right on cloning myself and and my character so that I can run them all at the same time... :roll:
You clearly understood, and it makes complete sense. Do you want the best PvP gear? You grind it through the other PvP gears that are easier to get. Do you want the best PvE gear? You grind it too. And exactly in the same way that you grind PvP gear. You get a piece of Sent today cause an interesting group form, one of Redeye tomorrow, etc.... Instead of being stucked in eternal search of for group for the one and only dungeon you can do right now.

What you want is run one dungeon, the maximum level one, and be able to use the gear you get, which is unfair. It was unfair in live too.

There are literally endless possibilities now, and starting at lvl31.
Spoiler:

Neil

Post#34 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:38 pm

I‘ve done all the PvE content on life but nothing in RoR. Is there any guide what is needed to enter BS and wear the gear? Or just full gunbad gear?
SL NEILOR RR7X | BO NEILER RR7X

peterthepan3

Post#35 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:42 pm

Question: will there be any future incentives for scenario play? With a) no unified currency, b) PvE taking over SC with the offsets, c) forts/invader/city sieges for RvR (not to mention easy Subjugator that trumps SC equivalents/easy gold bags in general), d) further PvE instances no doubt being worked on (or soon), i can't help but feel that scenarios will lag behind considerably in terms of character progression.

I find myself logging on and seeing very little reason to do what I actually like ie scenarios, and so, I end up either doing stuff I don't really want to/don't like (which can be okay - provided it isn't what I'm doing all the time), or just logging off. Scenario weapons aren't bad, but really aren't necessary when there are other alternatives that you can get outside of SC; on the other hand, one can't acquire Invader-tier for SL/Choppa outside of Forts, or an epic PvE jewel with 4% crit outside of PvE, etc.

Truth be told? Future looks pretty grim for SC (especially when Bloodlord is now offering weapons like these and this), unless there's something on the back burner that we aren't aware of.

Take this as whine or whatever you want: I'm happy to try out Bastion Stair, agree with a lot of the changes you've made to Gunbad, but don't want to see SC end up utterly irrelevant (which it genuinely feels like they are going to end up as).
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Skullgrin

Post#36 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:42 pm

Ototo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:33 pm You clearly understood, and it makes complete sense. Do you want the best PvP gear? You grind it through the other PvP gears that are easier to get. Do you want the best PvE gear? You grind it too. And exactly in the same way that you grind PvP gear. You get a piece of Sent today cause an interesting group form, one of Redeye tomorrow, etc.... Instead of being stucked in eternal search of for group for the one and only dungeon you can do right now.

What you want is run one dungeon, the maximum level one, and be able to use the gear you get, which is unfair. It was unfair in live too.

And you're wrong there. On live the PvP gear also had the wards, so if you had the corresponding PvP set you didn't have to get the low end PvE set...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#37 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:49 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:42 pm
Ototo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:33 pm You clearly understood, and it makes complete sense. Do you want the best PvP gear? You grind it through the other PvP gears that are easier to get. Do you want the best PvE gear? You grind it too. And exactly in the same way that you grind PvP gear. You get a piece of Sent today cause an interesting group form, one of Redeye tomorrow, etc.... Instead of being stucked in eternal search of for group for the one and only dungeon you can do right now.

And you're wrong there. On live the PvP gear also had the wards, so if you had the corresponding PvP set you didn't have to get the low end PvE set...
and here you have quest instead to remove the RNG from dungeon. getting pve gear never been so fast XD
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

kmark101

Post#38 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:53 pm

Another great piece of content that I will never see/experience due to wretched **** gunbad :(
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ads
Luth

Post#39 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:07 pm

Who would have anticipated that just a few decades after the invention of the internet it is possible to forge weapons from pure memes.

Spoiler:

Tellark

Post#40 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:48 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:42 pm Question: will there be any future incentives for scenario play? With a) no unified currency, b) PvE taking over SC with the offsets, c) forts/invader/city sieges for RvR (not to mention easy Subjugator that trumps SC equivalents/easy gold bags in general), d) further PvE instances no doubt being worked on (or soon), i can't help but feel that scenarios will lag behind considerably in terms of character progression.

I find myself logging on and seeing very little reason to do what I actually like ie scenarios, and so, I end up either doing stuff I don't really want to/don't like (which can be okay - provided it isn't what I'm doing all the time), or just logging off. Scenario weapons aren't bad, but really aren't necessary when there are other alternatives that you can get outside of SC; on the other hand, one can't acquire Invader-tier for SL/Choppa outside of Forts, or an epic PvE jewel with 4% crit outside of PvE, etc.

Truth be told? Future looks pretty grim for SC (especially when Bloodlord is now offering weapons like these and this), unless there's something on the back burner that we aren't aware of.

Take this as whine or whatever you want: I'm happy to try out Bastion Stair, agree with a lot of the changes you've made to Gunbad, but don't want to see SC end up utterly irrelevant (which it genuinely feels like they are going to end up as).

i feel exactly the same.

I don't understand why people get forced to do pve when they want a certain piece of equip or play their toon in a certain way. I would understand it if you get in pve equip that makes you really good for pve but when it starts to make you good in pvp or give you gear you need to play for example your wp or dok as meele heal i dont understand it.

Yes on live it was the same but at live they needed to sell abos.

And it is not like that it wouldnt be possible to make all gear avaible over the way you want to play pve rvr sc. You could even do it like that it takes just much more time to get for example rvr or pve gear over sc, pve or sc gear over rvr or sc and rvr gear over pve.
So it is clearly a design decision...

as peter wrote the future looks pretty grim for sc at the moment.